Question: Antique, ontario car but no ownership

Nikkonos

Looking at a 68 Charger, price is right, its a project, but its an ontario car with no ownership....
what problem can I will run into when its time to put it under my name in Qc
No ownership probably means that I have to check with local authorities like SQ to make sure its not a stolen car.
Anybody got any feedbacks on this no ownership stuff?

No ownership means no papers but are the VIN's still on the car? If yes you need to run a VIN check through the OPP and the SQ before buying the car

Ontario is very easy to get regis for. Go to a license bureau in Ontario first. Get regis then transfer to Quebec.

Trust me

I just go there with VIN in hand and they will delivery registration? Just like that?
With no name or last owner name on it?

Ontario is very easy to get regis for. Go to a license bureau in Ontario first. Get regis then transfer to Quebec.

Trust me

KILLINGCIVICS is right. I purchased a BNR32 that was once plated in QC then went to New Brunswick and I just brought it back. however in NB someone at their DMV out a 0 in front of the VIN.. OMG the issues at the saaq. Had to go to SQ, get sheet 0-148 ( the sheet for messed up vins, cars with no owner etc) filled out 4 times because SQ didn't know how to fill out the paperwork. Had to tow the car around etc.. best to get the paper work ready in an other state/province and and then bring it over.

if I go there with with a bill of sale and they give me registration with another name on it....i'm screwed?

Go to Ontario plates, talk to them say you have an abandoned car you are buying from the owner of the property, they will do what needs to be done, then take Ontario regis and swap to Quebec.

Back