Mazda RX8: Aware me please.

Metro666

J'ai une connaissance qui aimerais acheter une RX8 2004 (Non GT) manuelle mais je ne connais pas très bien ce modèle en particulier.

Pouvez vous me donner les pours et contre de cette voiture svp?

Merci!

Envoyé de mon SM-G930W8 en utilisant Tapatalk
5f1b8f8477c0c75a27da24449ba51975.jpg

Mettons a prix ridicule, ta roule jusqua ce que le moteur brise. Ca doit faire un bon chassis pour un swap gm ca.

Waste of cash. Seriously unless you are really a rotary enthusiast and bleed for Hiroshima keep you money for something better. Nothing good will come from a 15yr old RX8

RX7 >> RX8

Sérieux RX8 y'a tellement rien s'attirant la dedans.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Ces slow. Ces pas fiable, pi ces laite, ça prend un block par saison.

Ça tiens bien la route. Mais that's it.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

Il y a plusieurs trucs pour les faire survivre, j'ai deux amis qui font du lapping avec une depuis 3-4 ans sans rebuild, j'en connais un qui a fait plusieurs années de slalom sans problèmes. Par contre, tu dois faire la maintenance adéquatement et de qualité. Plusieurs tinkent au gaz mixé au lieu de se fier au système d'injection d'huile d'origine qui manque un peu de fiabilité.

Comme dynamique de véhicule, c'est très stable et prévisible. Environ 200hp, mais avec un torque minuscule. Donc la voiture peut être très rapide, mais en ville pour faire des drags entre les lumières rouges, ça ne te fera pas sentir comme un mâle alpha.

Il y a de la place pour 2 sacs d'épicerie sur les bancs arrières.

Ça coûte vraiment pas cher tant donné la quantité de haine que les gens ont envers les rotatifs. Ça devrait se vendre moins de 5k.

Et il ne faut vraiment pas que la rouille l'ait trouvée!

Ces slow. Ces pas fiable, pi ces laite, ça prend un block par saison.

Ça tiens bien la route. Mais that's it.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk
Sans compter que ça consomme comme un V8 de 600hp, mais avec 235hp.

Mon ami en a eu une pendant 3 ans quand on était jeune (autour de 19-20ans) et c'était toujours brisé, hyper capricieux et ça consommait du 15L/100km

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Sans compter la piètre qualité de la tôle chez Mazda pré-2010.

Ça rouillait à la pluie en été.

Voila:

RX-8’s have a laundry list of things that fail on them:

The engine itself failed so often that Mazda extended the powertrain warranty to 8 10-years/100k miles and they built a facility here in America to handle all of the rebuilds. (This was a result of a number of things, but it was mainly a result of Mazda trying to lower engine-oil consumption to a point where someone would not have to add oil between service intervals.)

Coil-packs last ~30k miles if you’re lucky.

The enormous catalytic converter fails due to the failing coilpacks not providing a proper combustion and plugging the cat with unburned crap. This also increases the potential for destroying the engine.

The original power steering harness was assembled with paperclips and bubble gum. You will then need to start building up your biceps to get the car to steer. (A new, revised version is around $110 and fixes the issue.)

If you shut off the car too quickly after you started it without revving it while you shut it off, you can flood the engine with fuel. The terrible coil packs once again won’t give you enough spark to get it to fire. You will need a tow to the dealer to de-flood it, lightening your wallet by a couple hundred bucks. (Although there is a deflooding procedure you can do on your own)

Carbon build-up from not revving your engine can result in scoring your rotor housings and seals so bad that you will lose compression. Buildup will also stop the various intake valves from working properly robbing you of any power you might have a hope of making.

The starter on early models is weak.

They have the awesome metal-shooting Takata airbags (I finally got mine replaced)

S1 transmissions like to grenade 4th gear after excessive abuse. S2 transmissions are a direct swap except for changing on electrical connector and the transmission was shared with the Miata so they are readily available.

The stock clutch pedal mount likes to bend over time and will potentially stop you from disengaging the clutch. This finally happened to me. A welded clutch pedal assembly from Black Halo Racing took care of the issue.

There are 3 solenoids under the intake manifold that control the intake valves that open at high RPMS and the air-pump that like to fail with age. Or the connectors loosen up causing codes and/or power loss due to the valves not opening.

etc etc etc .......

Thanks guys!
C'est pour un week-end toy et non un daily drive. Mais je croyais pas que c'étais bourrés de troubles a ce point la. lol

L'auto a eu une conversion a coil de LS et tout les entretiens sont a jours supposement avec factures a l'appuie.

Back