Amazon Fulfillment Centre opening in Lachine (Dec 2020)

It's up to the city to stand up to corporations like Amazon but they love the idea of such a company being around. Meanwhile it costs money having them around in terms of tax breaks and infrastructure wear... Jobs? 300 mostly low paying jobs that will be listed as "temporary" or part time. As I said.. then the gov will parade to people "you see how low unemployment is and how the new arrivals in VSP and Lachine have work. We have done it, the Canadian dream"

I doubt they got tax-breaks, usually the strategic and business case is usually strong enough on its own to justify the location of fulfillment centers.

Possibly. But are there any large plots north of the 20?

https://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle/1381614/amazon-centre-expedition-lachine-montreal-quebec-canada

According to this article it'll be at 3000 louis-a-amos

L'adresse exacte du site où s'installera la compagnie n'a pas encore été dévoilée, mais selon une source proche du dossier, le géant américain s'installera au 3000 rue Louis-A.-Amos, un site de 37 500 mètres carrés situé non loin de l'aéroport Montréal-Trudeau.

The only plot they could use on Berge is smaller than an IGA. The currently standing structure is not up to par with something Amazon would move into.

The Amazon warehouse is going to be located on the former Canadian Car Foundry site/ Berge du Canal

That's not Lachine, that's Lasalle.
Ou enfin I think.
Faut dire que pour moi, Lachine c'est pas mal 1st av to 55th av. so I'm probably wrong. lol.

Thank you Amazon for these high paying jobs, AMAZING!

I also enjoy the Washington Post, Jeff!

25$ for a lazy blue collar job as a city worker with full benefits or work at Amazon?

Dépend de la '' classe '' y'en a 22 , a partir de la 8 toutes les jobs sont en haut de 30$/h , mettons un charpentier menuisier , non de finition c'est la classe 16 et c'est 35$/H en 2019

les jobs '' moins '' payante a la ville de MTL c'est agent de sécurité , poiçonneur de ticket depot a neige , palfrenier , aide-jardinier , c'est toute des jobs a 27-28$/h

28$/h pour tenir des bulbes de tulipe et les donner au jardinier , not bad heheheh

Amazon is going to be on Louis Amos, south of cote de liesse, near the 13 where anixter was.
Anixter recently moved to thimens and took the west part of the old sears warehouse behind place vertu.

I went to Ottawa last month, and near Embrun they have an amazon warehouse there also. From the highway, you can see a door labeled recruitment. I presume there is a high turnaround.

Amazon is going to be on Louis Amos, south of cote de liesse, near the 13 where anixter was.
Anixter recently moved to thimens and took the west part of the old sears warehouse behind place vertu.

I went to Ottawa last month, and near Embrun they have an amazon warehouse there also. From the highway, you can see a door labeled recruitment. I presume there is a high turnaround.

yeah i moved some of their lift it's huge in the old sears warehouse !!

Back