Article: Car Enthusiasts Should Stop Criticizing Greta Thunberg

DannyITR

Administrator
Staff member
greta-thunberg-montreal.jpg

Photo by Ayse Dalli: Greta Thunberg in Montreal for a climate protest on Sept 27, 2019.

Car Enthusiasts Should Stop Criticizing Greta Thunberg

Since 16-year-old climate activist Greta Thunberg’s (pronounced Toon-Berg) meteoric rise to fame in the last year, many automotive enthusiasts have adopted the phrase “sorry Greta” in order to poke fun at her climate activism.

It’s misguided to believe that owning a race car, weekend cruiser with poor gas mileage or any other polluting form of transportation, makes you a target of Greta’s protests.

The main focus of Thunberg’s ire is aimed toward governments and decision-makers who are failing to meet even their own goals to reduce carbon emissions and prevent a global catastrophe. Her own lifestyle choices reflect her demands but as many climate scientists have said, individuals alone are not able to stem the tide of climate change on their own.

The amount of powerful people feeling threatened by a teenager simply asking people to listen to scientists is astounding.

I like cars, planes, racing and I eat red meat but also consider myself a Greta fan and huge supporter of her actions. That is not an inconsistent position to hold.

Greta’s neurodiversity has also prompted tones of condescension and claims from people who oppose her that she is “not well”. Those unfounded tropes are attempts to mask the unease that opponents are feeling with the amount of success she has demonstrated thus far.

Greta has Asperger’s syndrome which is on the autism spectrum. Her blunt, straightforward speaking style lends itself well to the message she is pushing. Her neurodiversity enables her to brush off criticism like we often see from car enthusiasts, politicians and whoever else is threatened by her powerful message.

Greta Thunberg is a next generation leader unfolding before our eyes. It’s ok to like cars and be a Greta fan. She’s not going to take them away!

So how is this autistic kid going back home again? Airplane? Yacht?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

https://www.montrealracing.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/greta-thunberg-montreal.jpg
Photo by Ayse Dali: Greta Thunberg in Montreal for a climate protest on Sept 27, 2019.

Car Enthusiasts Should Stop Criticizing Greta Thunberg

Since 16-year-old climate activist Greta Thunberg’s (pronounced Toon-Berg) meteoric rise to fame in the last year, many automotive enthusiasts have adopted the phrase “sorry Greta” in order to poke fun at her climate activism.

It’s misguided to believe that owning a race car, weekend cruiser with poor has mileage or any other polluting form of transportation, makes you a target of Greta’s protests.

The main focus of Thunberg’s ire is aimed toward governments and decision-makers who are failing to meet even their own goals to reduce carbon emissions and prevent a global catastrophe. Her own lifestyle choices reflect her demands but as many climate scientists have said, individuals alone are not able to stem the tide of climate change on their own.

The amount of powerful people feeling threatened by a teenager simply asking people to listen to scientists is astounding.

I like cars, planes, racing and I eat red meat but also consider myself a Greta fan and huge supporter of her actions. That is not an inconsistent position to hold.

Greta’s neurodiversity has also prompted tones of condescension and claims from people who oppose her that she is “not well”. Those unfounded tropes are attempts to mask the unease that opponents are feeling with the amount of success she has demonstrated thus far.

Greta has Asperger’s syndrome which is on the autism spectrum. Her blunt, straightforward speaking style lends itself well to the message she is pushing. Her neurodiversity enables her to brush off criticism like we often see from car enthusiasts, politicians and whoever else is threatened by her powerful message.

Greta Thunberg is a next generation leader unfolding before our eyes. It’s ok to like cars and be a Greta fan. She’s not going to take them away!

She Should be fired !

She also did "inspire" the other autistic groups like Extinction Morons to block our bridges and road for a few days before it started getting cold enough to deter them. I suppose they'll be back in April or May after all the usual inches of global warming will have melted.

Thunberg does nothing. She only whines and asks people who won't do shit, to do something.

Boyan Slat is the real hero

Thunberg does nothing. She only whines and asks people who won't do shit, to do something.

Boyan Slat is the real hero

As right as you are, her 'complains' are prompting people, companies, governments to do more. You call it complaining but she's made people think twice about their actions.

I'm not against it; she certainly hasn't done anything wrong. And yeah of course she can't commute on 100% green sustainable transportation if the network and equipment isn't there yet. Yes, it will take her fossile fuels (directly or indirectly) to cross oceans. That still doesn't diminish what she's standing for.

...but for all intents and purposes, we need more people like Boyan Slat, not so much like Greta Thunderburger.

An opinion piece by Danny.

Personally I find it disgusting that adults use a mentally ill child who's easily influenced and manipulated with very little life experience as a mouthpiece and a shield, but it's not the first or the last time children are used to push an agenda as people react emotionally different when children are involved. But let's cheer Greta for crossing the ocean on a zero-emission sailboat, while ignoring that after their arrival 2 of the crew members had to fly back to Europe and 2 other crew members had to fly to NY to sail the boat back. How will she get back? So far it looks like on a plane with her father, so that will be 6 flights in total, 2 more than her just flying with her father to NY and back and even if she finds another way home it will be just even.

Meanwhile activist Scott Presler with 200 volunteers removed 50 tons of trash from an L.A. homeless camp in 9 hours. Presler previously organized other cleaning crews in Baltimore, New Jersey, Maryland and Newark. And what did the media say about that!? A Trump supporter...., a Conservative.... and so on, they actually tried to turn it into a negative.

500,000 people marched in Montreal for Greta with their cardboard and plastic signs, coffee cups and water bottles that all became garbage during and after the protest. Bravo, you've changed the world one selfie at the time showing your friends online that you did your part! clap, clap, clap

someone sent this to me last week, should i be concerned??

greta.jpg

wonder if has to do with my RZ350?

Sounds like there are some interesting mental gymnastics going on here.

If Greta hasn't outright said she'd ban cars, she must be supportive of our interests! Therefore we should be supportive of her. Or something...

Whoever wrote this to alleviate their cognitive dissonance might "feel better" about themselves but the fact remains that car enthusiasts and most eco activists are still very much at odds (and will remain so.)

Sounds like there are some interesting mental gymnastics going on here.

If Greta hasn't outright said she'd ban cars, she must be supportive of our interests! Therefore we should be supportive of her. Or something...

Whoever wrote this may have found a way to alleviate their cognitive dissonance, but car enthusiasts by and large and most eco activists are still very much at odds.
I'm a car enthusiast but I do care about the environment. I just don't like that everyone is making Greta out to be the end all authority especially when pretty much all big name environmentalists are hypocrites..

My opinion in a nutshell: Greta is sadly being used by rich and powerful people with selfish interests for purely political motives.

Solving environmental issues can't be done just by pressing a button or say ''hey let's just stop using fossil fuels''.

It's easy to point to a problem but a whole other deal to come up with EFFECTIVE solutions. There are no easy solutions to complex problems. And those who think there is are only making matters worse.

I'm all for the environment (I have actually studied and work in an environmental field) but I think this whole ''movement'' as well as groups like ER are political propaganda machines. And that they are harming the ''true'' environmentalists out there.

''But... but... we have no other choice or else we're all going to die!''

Yeah well, good luck with that.

Another sailboat taking her, her father and a couple of more people back to Europe. About 3 weeks if everything goes well, imagine trying to go visit family, or go on vacation in Europe with a sailboat lol Boss I need a couple of months off for vacation.

Another sailboat taking her, her father and a couple of more people back to Europe. About 3 weeks if everything goes well, imagine trying to go visit family, or go on vacation in Europe with a sailboat lol Boss I need a couple of months off for vacation.
Maybe they won't make it back. Lots of people sailboat across and don't make it

Back