2020 Formula 1 Official Thread

Stroll is nervous and is reading all of his text
Makes me wonder who’s really the billionaire
Some people just aren't good public speakers. Hell Elon Musk is one and has zero Charisma. For some reason eveyone believes that billionaires have the swag of Steve Jobs or Larry Ellison

He has had people handle his issues for him and has been out of the public spotlight. That's a bit different now but I still see Otmar as the face of the team. Stroll seems like a fellow is used to getting his way but now is dealing with a proper political juggernaut/ real money. It's not local residents of Tremblant bitching over track noise

Some people just aren't good public speakers. Hell Elon Musk is one and has zero Charisma. For some reason eveyone believes that billionaires have the swag of Steve Jobs or Larry Ellison

He has had people handle his issues for him and has been out of the public spotlight. That's a bit different now but I still see Otmar as the face of the team. Stroll seems like a fellow is used to getting his way but now is dealing with a proper political juggernaut/ real money. It's not local residents of Tremblant bitching over track noise

"I've never cheated at anything in my life."

lol

Honestly I feel bad for Stoll and Racing Point.

They bought the rights to last year's Merc. They should be 100% allowed to use the technology they bought in the same way that Alfa Romeo are 100% allowed to use Ferrari's tech, and so on.

I get it, it's an "unfair" advantage because they have last year's championship winning car and it's way more competitive than whatever they could've come up with for this year, and more competitive than 3/4 of the field. I get that it pisses off everyone that didn't buy last year's Merc.

But life is unfair. In any other sport, you can trade/sell players and it's just fine.

I think the F1 rules are written badly. Specifically the one that applies to Racing Point.

Honestly I feel bad for Stoll and Racing Point.

They bought the rights to last year's Merc. They should be 100% allowed to use the technology they bought in the same way that Alfa Romeo are 100% allowed to use Ferrari's tech, and so on.

I get it, it's an "unfair" advantage because they have last year's championship winning car and it's way more competitive than whatever they could've come up with for this year, and more competitive than 3/4 of the field. I get that it pisses off everyone that didn't buy last year's Merc.

But life is unfair. In any other sport, you can trade/sell players and it's just fine.

I think the F1 rules are written badly. Specifically the one that applies to Racing Point.

On paper, they've exploited the loopholes in the rule book.
I can understand the other teams' frustration, but they could have done the same.
On the other hand we don't know most, if any, details of intelligence transfer, nature of intelligence and time frame.
It's just a chicken fest at this point.

Everybody harsh on Lance but there are wayyyy worse drivers out there that still have a seat and shouldn't;

- Kyvat
- Giovanazzi
- Grosjean

EfOKQuSX0AQCuYn

Everybody harsh on Lance but there are wayyyy worse drivers out there that still have a seat and shouldn't;

- Kyvat
- Giovanazzi
- Grosjean

Je suis partiellement d’accord avec ta liste. Giovinazzi est très compétitif si tu le compares à Raikonnen cette année. Se qualifiant souvent en avant de lui. D’ailleurs c’est lui qui a rapporté les 2 pts pour Alfa Romeo.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Je suis partiellement d’accord avec ta liste. Giovinazzi est très compétitif si tu le compares à Raikonnen cette année. Se qualifiant souvent en avant de lui. D’ailleurs c’est lui qui a rapporté les 2 pts pour Alfa Romeo.

Kimi est au bout de sa course a lui. Sa carrière de pilote de F1 est au crépuscule. Il va pas prendre de risques par exprès rendu ou il est.

Je pense pas son contrat va être renouvelé quand il va expirer et il va se ramasser soit comme conseiller spécial chez une écurie de F1 un peu comme Niki Lauda dans le temps, ou il va faire des courses de GT class ou quelque chose du genre, peut-être même du Nascar ou Indycar.

- Kyvat
- Giovanazzi
- Grosjean

Not saying Lance is the worst on the field. But he underperforms when you compare to his teammate, to the point where if his dad didn't own the company, I'm pretty sure he would be there and RP would have a more competitive duo in their cars.

He's good at qualifying. But in race, most of the times he finishes behind his teammate and the only way he gains positions is if there's a disaster in front of him....

Plus Hulkenberg outperforming him with the little experience he had with the car.....that's a slap in the face.

Funny fact: Hulk has almost as many points as Vettel....with only 1 race under his belt lol

C'est vrai tu as raison, cette saison, il semble mieux performer que Kimi, mais Kimi semble très à bout. J'avais lu quelque pars que certains gars plus "old school" comme Kimi et Vettel ne sont pas vraiment habitués à des voitures sans beaucoup de downforce (chose que Ferrari and Alfa on du faire pour pouvoir gagner un peu de vitesse qu'ils ont perdu avec les moteur magouillés) alors l'auto est plus difficille à controller. Apparament, les jeunes sont habitués car les F2 sont toutes pareille et ont des defauts, alors il faut que tu t'ajuste à l'auto, alors que les gars qui sont en F1, l'auto est ajustée à eux... Sa ferais un peu de sense mais sa n'explique pas tout.

Kimi est au bout de sa course a lui. Sa carrière de pilote de F1 est au crépuscule. Il va pas prendre de risques par exprès rendu ou il est.

Je pense pas son contrat va être renouvelé quand il va expirer et il va se ramasser soit comme conseiller spécial chez une écurie de F1 un peu comme Niki Lauda dans le temps, ou il va faire des courses de GT class ou quelque chose du genre, peut-être même du Nascar ou Indycar.

Je ne suis pas sur que Kimi resterais pour faire de la politique mais bref, si l'argent est bon... La semaine passe durant le team pricinpal press conference, Fred Vasseur à dit que Kimi est très important pour eux et son feedback est bon alors il risque de garder son siège.

Not saying Lance is the worst on the field. But he underperforms when you compare to his teammate, to the point where if his dad didn't own the company, I'm pretty sure he would be there and RP would have a more competitive duo in their cars.

He's good at qualifying. But in race, most of the times he finishes behind his teammate and the only way he gains positions is if there's a disaster in front of him....

Plus Hulkenberg outperforming him with the little experience he had with the car.....that's a slap in the face.

Funny fact: Hulk has almost as many points as Vettel....with only 1 race under his belt lol

I guess Hulk came in and had to prove to people he's still got it, so he went extra hard at it.

C’est clair que Kimi est loin derrière ses bonne années. Même quand il était partner de Vettel c’était un valeureux #2 sans plus... Kimi reste en F1 pour le fun pi on s’entend tu que cette année chez Alfa c’est loin d’être le fun. IMO il va prendre sa retraite à la fin de la saison.

Selon moi ceux qui n’ont vraiment pu leur place en F1 c’est Grosjean, Latifi (à moins qu’il se botte le cul et qu’il commence à être plus constant) et à la limite Kvyat.

Stroll c’est un low midfield driver IMO. Très fort sur les départs, s’améliore en qualif, fini dans les points de manière tout de même constante et parfois capable de faire des très bons résultats (podium Azerbaidjan, qualifié 2e sous la pluie à Monza). Mais il lui manque un kkchose pour pouvoir aspirer à plus grand...

Back