2020 Formula 1 Official Thread

Even sir Frank realized that Claire is a tool and that to keep his dream-child alive, he has to sell.

Sad.

I think Williams will eventually "take a new strategic direction", quit F1 and then be re-branded all together into a company that specializes in medical device manufacturing (as they've been doing recently)

With the upcoming spending cap and the new Concorde agreements, even the backmarkers might become sustainable. My feeling is that the investment firm is only there for the short term. They will cut expenses like developing parts that can be supplied by Mercedes instead. They bought an F1 team at its lowest point and will resell it in a few years when the team will have gained value because of the new revenue sharing.

With the upcoming spending cap and the new Concorde agreements, even the backmarkers might become sustainable. My feeling is that the investment firm is only there for the short term. They will cut expenses like developing parts that can be supplied by Mercedes instead. They bought an F1 team at its lowest point and will resell it in a few years when the team will have gained value because of the new revenue sharing.

Exactly, buy low sell high lol

You do know Williams can do all design and manufacturing in house? The problem is not so much the lack of skill or brains but rather division between young vs old. Young talent doesn't want to go work in a toxic environment when they can work in a flourishing event at RP, Mercedes or even a lower tier of motorsports.

Papa Stroll plan had he purchased Williams was do go the Mercedes concept route as he did with RP. Imagine if it had happened.. fuck it's a kick in the balls.

Dorilton might feel they are undervalued as a team.. Keep the name, build on the past mystique while building the brand. You just need a relevant sponsor who's large enough to help build that brand. Get a Zak Brown fellow running the show

You do know Williams can do all design and manufacturing in house? The problem is not so much the lack of skill or brains but rather division between young vs old. Young talent doesn't want to go work in a toxic environment when they can work in a flourishing event at RP, Mercedes or even a lower tier of motorsports.

Papa Stroll plan had he purchased Williams was do go the Mercedes concept route as he did with RP. Imagine if it had happened.. fuck it's a kick in the balls.

Dorilton might feel they are undervalued as a team.. Keep the name, build on the past mystique while building the brand. You just need a relevant sponsor who's large enough to help build that brand. Get a Zak Brown fellow running the show

Yes i'm aware of that. It's also cheaper to buy a gearbox from Mercedes than to develop your own.

Yes i'm aware of that. It's also cheaper to buy a gearbox from Mercedes than to develop your own.
Actually they had looked at using the Mercedes gearbox but it was roughly the same cost as using their own. By cost I mean the loss of knowledge as they manufacture gearboxes and parts for other series/ manufactures. Manufacturing excess , so some side projects are taken on.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

off topic, but two weeks two wild crashes in MOTO GP, not sure if anyone has already posted this. Third vid is moto2

Crazy that zarco, morbidelli and vinales were all relatively uninjured. Zarco had a small fracture on his wrist but raced today.

we hijacked it

MotoGP is by far a more interesting racing series than Formula 1.. It has been for a number of years now and they are doing a fantastic job at transitioning away from VR46.

Dorna > Liberty

ok you can have your thread back now

MotoGP is by far a more interesting racing series than Formula 1.. It has been for a number of years now and they are doing a fantastic job at transitioning away from VR46.

Dorna > Liberty

Thanks. It's the only thing I have left around here

we still love you though (except maybe mrdouble99)
Who dat?
c1db2a6ecd08191866d5a4ed78a819e6.jpg

Dorna > Liberty

No real point in trying to convince F1 people on MotoGP. Most are only interested when crashes happen. It is the only PURE form of motorsport left, no yellow flags, no safety cars, no races run by engineers over a radio. Just the rider and his equipment in a pure sprint surrounded by danger and cut throat competition. F1 has become an embarrassment. Everything you say is correct. MotoGP makes F1 look like a vicarage tea-party.

Not knocking on moto GP. Same as WRC, not questioning the balls factor or the spectacular factor. It's just that on the technical level and physical level, nothing comes close to F1. Wider slip angles are just easier all around. Simple physics.

MotoGP is based on equipment which has two wheels, and I'm not interested in that.
All your other arguments are invalid.

Not knocking on moto GP. Same as WRC, not questioning the balls factor or the spectacular factor. It's just that on the technical level and physical level, nothing comes close to F1. Wider slip angles are just easier all around. Simple physics.

Whats the point, you take what is suppose to be a dangerous sport and remove the danger? Then you have one person/one team winning 80% of the races the past 6 years in a near semi-autonomous rolling computer managed by half dozen engineers on the pit wall and the rules forbid anyone else to even be allowed to challenge them? Let's see how many car will be on the grid next year, 14-16 or will there be a bailout? New agreement will not change this. Mark this post. This is no longer racing but a display of engineering, commercial and marketing dominance.

Whats the point, you take what is suppose to be a dangerous sport and remove the danger? Then you have one person/one team winning 80% of the races the past 6 years in a near semi-autonomous rolling computer managed by half dozen engineers on the pit wall and the rules forbid anyone else to even be allowed to challenge them? Let's see how many car will be on the grid next year, 14-16 or will there be a bailout? New agreement will not change this. Mark this post. This is no longer racing but a display of engineering, commercial and marketing dominance.

tenor.gif

Back