2020 Formula 1 Official Thread

So according to you...Ruebens would have won 5 titles in a row and Webber was good enough to win 4 in a row as Vettel's teammate since they 'had the best car'? Don't think so chief. This was the era where actually driver skill played a much bigger role than it does today. Vettel had Alonso to deal with in a competitive car those years and his titles were hard fought. You want car domination? A Mercedes has won 91 out of 122 races since the hybrid era. No period in history even comes close.

man you sound a bit lost.....'' vettel had alonso to deal with in a competitive car '' ........... what about 2007 with hamilton, ROOKIE YEAR, with ALONSO as a partner... come on now lol, you clearly hold a grudge. Hamilton is the real deal, ron dennis signed him at 11 for a obvious reason, and he hasnt stopped winning since he arrived in f1. Nothing else to add

man you sound a bit lost.....'' vettel had alonso to deal with in a competitive car '' ........... what about 2007 with hamilton, ROOKIE YEAR, with ALONSO as a partner... come on now lol, you clearly hold a grudge. Hamilton is the real deal, ron dennis signed him at 11 for a obvious reason, and he hasnt stopped winning since he arrived in f1. Nothing else to add
Not just Alonso but PRIME Alonso. I don't like HAM but also won't crap on his driving skill. That wet lap on Saturday was one for the ages.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Not just Alonso but PRIME Alonso. I don't like HAM but also won't crap on his driving skill. That wet lap on Saturday was one for the ages.

ya i figured i didnt need to precise, as he seems to say he knows what he's talking about lol.

and to android25ua... no cock polishing here, just stating facts, considering everyone here is just spewing anything that goes through their minds lol

ya i figured i didnt need to precise, as he seems to say he knows what he's talking about lol.

and to android25ua... no cock polishing here, just stating facts, considering everyone here is just spewing anything that goes through their minds lol
Reubens was never going to win WDC either. To be fair Massa string of badluck in 2008 especially the fuel rig issue in Singapore is what cost Ferrari. They had pace all year but also knew McLaren and Hamilton would the nipping at their heels coming off 2007.

I don't think anyone expected HAM to be that good that quickly. Also those who say Ferrari screwed ALO. Yes at the end but they also gave him some truly excellent cars. However but the time he got there the implosion was already happening , old days were slowly returning

Meh, that's what forums are for I guess lol.

I just like Vettel, Ric, Norris, Lec.

The rest I am kind of impartial.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/150589/hamilton-wants-f1-to-be-creative-with-doubleheaders

I think they should try to reverse some circuits. I think the major point of concern is entry/exit of pit lane, otherwise I don't see why it wouldn't work.
Really? Reconfiguring a track to run the opposite way in many circumstances would require rebuilding the entire track due to where walls are and run off for starters. There arent many that are setup to run clockwise and anti clockwise.

Walk around CGV for example anti clockwise and you will see the problems.

What about it? Alonso was brought in as a #1 and when the team saw the Brit was just as quick abandoned Alonso and hitched their wagon to Hamilton and it cost both of them a chance at the championship making Ron Dennis look like a fool.

Look you can be in denial all you want 80% of Hamilton's results have come in the hybrid era, on a rolling computer with the least amount of driving skill ever required in F1 and dominated by one team that's won over 75% of the races held in 7 years.

What about it? Alonso was brought in as a #1 and when the team saw the Brit was just as quick abandoned Alonso and hitched their wagon to Hamilton and it cost both of them a chance at the championship making Ron Dennis look like a fool.

Look you can be in denial all you want 80% of Hamilton's results have come in the hybrid era, on a rolling computer with the least amount of driving skill ever required in F1 and dominated by one team that's won over 75% of the races held in 7 years.

Wow bud, a driving computer with no skill required... let’s not push it.
I’m sure you’d just jump into one and dominate the world like you dominate the civics on René Lévesque in your G35 lol

Wow bud, a driving computer with no skill required... let’s not push it.
I’m sure you’d just jump into one and dominate the world like you dominate the civics on René Lévesque in your G35 lol

Go back and this time try to focus while your reading. It does not say 'no skill required'. It says 'least amount of skill ever required in F1 car'. You sure you want to deny this?

And yes, it's a rolling computer. Want proof, have a listen to the radio from Norris' car.... "scenario 7 Lando, G3 Lando, Yellow 2 Lando, stay in Scenario 7 Lando, single press overtake...now Scenario 8 Lando...press overtake....stay in 8"....Yeah it's a fucking rolling computer. No need to be butthurt.

I wonder if you know what any of those call outs mean.
You sound like someone that’s very far from technology.

Pérez’ sister is posting #keepcheco on social media, I guess it’s more than a rumour

Just listened to the latest formula 1 YouTube video on Vettel/stroll/checo

It’s funny how nobody is taking this guess: “lance decided fuck it, I’m gonna concentrate on the business side of things, not interested in driving anymore”

Go back and this time try to focus while your reading. It does not say 'no skill required'. It says 'least amount of skill ever required in F1 car'. You sure you want to deny this?

And yes, it's a rolling computer. Want proof, have a listen to the radio from Norris' car.... "scenario 7 Lando, G3 Lando, Yellow 2 Lando, stay in Scenario 7 Lando, single press overtake...now Scenario 8 Lando...press overtake....stay in 8"....Yeah it's a fucking rolling computer. No need to be butthurt.

Ok Boomer...

F1 cars of the 90's had traction control, ABS, adjustable suspensions and launch control; all things the new cars DO NOT HAVE.

To answer your point; the pit crew asking drives to switch "scenarios"; those are engine/tranny maps to potentially give them more power or save some components from too much wear....

Ok Boomer...

F1 cars of the 90's had traction control, ABS, adjustable suspensions and launch control; all things the new cars DO NOT HAVE.

To answer your point; the pit crew asking drives to switch "scenarios"; those are engine/tranny maps to potentially give them more power or save some components from too much wear....

And if I'm not mistaken, teams used to do that themselves remotely from the garage back then and now the rule is the driver has to do it himself no? Which means more management during a race...

Ok Boomer...

And if I'm not mistaken, teams used to do that themselves remotely from the garage back then and now the rule is the driver has to do it himself no? Which means more management during a race...

Pretty much.

I call that adjust-ability of sub-systems.
Which are all managed by the driver with SUGGESTIONS over radio.
All of that to do on top of steering and two pedals.

Ok Boomer...

No they didn't. Only one team had all that and only 92/93 not the whole 90's. The other top teams were very late with their development of active suspensions/ABS and in the case of Ferrari was not even used by the drivers it was so bad. McLaren was still using 3 pedals and H-pattern in early 1992. The mid-filed and privateers had nothing of these aids you speak of lol. By 1994 they were all banned. If you don't know what you're talking about there is no need to embarrass yourself further. I stand by what I said these cars are semi-autonomous rolling computers. No need to be all butthurt over it.

Back