2020 Formula 1 Official Thread

Alonso is back!
With Renault.

Came here to post this
I didn’t particularly like his whining at McLaren but he has history with Renault and chances of him yielding some spicy things on camera and track are high.
Also gives an idea of how loaded with cash Renault really is.
The money into their factory, Ric and now Alo

Such a waste of seat. Probably had to get him in order to convince Renault/France to stay in F1. Can't wait for the Cyril/ ALO arguments.

The big loser as far a drivers go for 2021 looks to be Vettel unless he manages to get a seat at mercedes for some reason, which I doubt will happen.

I honestly would've loved to see Ric join Ferrari but with Lec being so strong both on track and mentally, there was no urgency from the Italians so I definitely understand their choice of getting Saintz as a second driver.

Vet will be left with little choices and even less offers for 2021 season. I would not be surprised if he took a sabbatical or even retired.

Bye Vettel.

Il va aller en DTM.

Sinon, est-ce que Redbull tente de minimiser le talent de Albon? J'ai l'impression qu'il va chauffer les fesses de Verstapen de plus en plus

Bye Vettel.

Il va aller en DTM.

Sinon, est-ce que Redbull tente de minimiser le talent de Albon? J'ai l'impression qu'il va chauffer les fesses de Verstapen de plus en plus

Bye Vettel.

Il va aller en DTM.

C'est exactement ce qu'ils lui demandent. Gasly a été rétrogradé parce qu'il était toujours trop loin des temps de Verstappen. Il n'aidait pas vraiment pour le championnat des constructeurs en finissant 7è ou 8è en course. Si on te donne une des meilleures voitures, tu n'as pas d'affaire à te retrouver dans le midfield.

The big loser as far a drivers go for 2021 looks to be Vettel unless he manages to get a seat at mercedes for some reason, which I doubt will happen.

I honestly would've loved to see Ric join Ferrari but with Lec being so strong both on track and mentally, there was no urgency from the Italians so I definitely understand their choice of getting Saintz as a second driver.

Vet will be left with little choices and even less offers for 2021 season. I would not be surprised if he took a sabbatical or even retired.

Not just yet.

In 1992....Senna offered to drive the second Williams for FREE and take on Prost head to head in 1993 after Honda decided to leave F1. Frank Williams thinking he had no chance at Senna had already accepted a 'No Senna' clause in Prost's contract signed weeks earlier and Prost vetoed it. Senna got stuck in a McLaren with a customer Ford HB on a race by race basis, down almost 100hp on the top teams and still manged to win 5 races. Seb needs to go to Mercedes (or even RedBull) and offer his services FREE. This would put Mercedes in a tough spot as the German fans and media would be all over this. RedBull are not interested in paying the salaries of both Seb and Max V but Seb for free in the 2nd car would be hard to turn down.

Not just yet.

In 1992....Senna offered to drive the second Williams for FREE and take on Prost head to head in 1993 after Honda decided to leave F1. Frank Williams thinking he had no chance at Senna had already accepted a 'No Senna' clause in Prost's contract signed weeks earlier and Prost vetoed it. Senna got stuck in a McLaren with a customer Ford HB on a race by race basis, down almost 100hp on the top teams and still manged to win 5 races. Seb needs to go to Mercedes (or even RedBull) and offer his services FREE. This would put Mercedes in a tough spot as the German fans and media would be all over this. RedBull are not interested in paying the salaries of both Seb and Max V but Seb for free in the 2nd car would be hard to turn down.
Even for free there is a real chance those teams stick with their current or in house drivers. Hamilton might even have a no seb clause in his contract

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

I’m sure Hamilton has a “20% better than other cars or I’m leaving“ clause in his contract.

Media literally exploded over Alo today and it’s still firecracking

Seb is a big part of the face of f1, and a guy with a huge heart. I like him a lot.
As it stands now, can’t even imagine f1 without him.
Time will tell

Even for free there is a real chance those teams stick with their current or in house drivers. Hamilton might even have a no seb clause in his contract

Come on, even you don't believe that. If he has such a clause it's probably for Rosberg lol. There haven't really been any heated rivalries in years so I doubt anyone has a 'no someone someone' clause. If Seb is smart he takes the offer to driv e free to both Horner and Toto quick before they keep Valterri again for 2021. This will show he's still hungry and committed to winning and not pad his bank account.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/mercedes-sebastian-vettel-option-2021/

I absolutely do believe Hamilton has a clause like that and it secures his No.1 position in the team

Mercedes is better off with Bottas than with Vettel.... at least Bottas is able to keep the car facing in the right direction for the entire race.

I absolutely do believe Hamilton has a clause like that and it secures his No.1 position in the team

As much as I look forward to Lewis retiring, what secures his No. 1 position is he is simply faster than his teammate. Mercedes had no such agreements in the 3 years he partnered Nico despite several clashes. Toto doesn't strike me as the type of person to go along with that as the chances of Seb being available to Mercedes as early as a few months ago were zero.

Mercedes is better off with Bottas than with Vettel.... at least Bottas is able to keep the car facing in the right direction for the entire race.

Yes, how many championships has Bottas won? Right, NONE....despite having by far the fastest car on the grid the past 3 years.

As much as I look forward to Lewis retiring, what secures his No. 1 position is he is simply faster than his teammate. Mercedes had no such agreements in the 3 years he partnered Nico despite several clashes. Toto doesn't strike me as the type of person to go along with that as the chances of Seb being available to Mercedes as early as a few months ago were zero.

Yes, how many championships has Bottas won? Right, NONE....despite having by far the fastest car on the grid the past 3 years.
Lewis has also had a new contract since that 2016 season...

Vettel's head hasn't been there for the past what, 2 years now?

Back