2020 Formula 1 Official Thread

nah he's just a hater towards hamilton lol

honestly, everything nemesisbob said was on point.... show me another instance where a safety car comes out for a stupid reason like this?!

VSC was exactly introduced for this lololol

and yep, a flashing sign at the full left of the circuit, no light at the entrance of the pits... like come on now, is this 1993? lol ridiculous
When you flipped your Mustang?

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

nah he's just a hater towards hamilton lol

honestly, everything nemesisbob said was on point.... show me another instance where a safety car comes out for a stupid reason like this?!

VSC was exactly introduced for this lololol

and yep, a flashing sign at the full left of the circuit, no light at the entrance of the pits... like come on now, is this 1993? lol ridiculous

A light at the entrance of the pits at Monza would be useless. Once you see it, it would already be too late to get back on the track. The cars are coming out at full speed out of Parabolica and you have to commit to your decision to pit or not pit once you're there. Hamilton admitted he missed the flashing light on the left side because he was changing settings on his steering wheel in preparation for his pit stop. Even if there had been another light on his right, he would have missed it too.

On a different note, the aero on the Red Bull is getting ridiculous.

EhUdFXSUMAQWhkH

Ham. c un erreur des pits caller...
Gasly a fait tout un pied de nez a RedBull.

Belle course ça fait du bien de pas voir Ham sur un podium...

Ham. c un erreur des pits caller...
Gasly a fait tout un pied de nez a RedBull.

Belle course ça fait du bien de pas voir Ham sur un podium...

Juste de ne pas le voir gagner encore... et c’est encore mieux quand il n’est pas sur le podium...!

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

I think now that engine party modes are banned, Mercedes will be much closer to the field.

I'm sure the party qualifying modes were used in the race as well for an odd lap there and an odd lap here to "manage" the gap to the car behind.
What surprises me is the extent to which Mercedes has exploited it, and not the other teams. It doesn't take a fucking genius to figure out mapping curves on an ICU, especially given that engine bench testing isn't limited by the rules.

What a damn race it was.
Loved the action.
More and more I'd love to see reverse grid races.

I see Pierre sitting on the podium not just as him enjoying it as long as he can. There's also a bit of it that's him talking/thinking about his friend Antoine...
That photo of him crying at the memorial in spa broke my heart last weekend.

That hit by Leclerc was MASSIVE.

Also, the pits would have been closed even it if would have been a virtual safety car. You could argue that Lewis/the team would have done the same mistake.

Also, this might be unpopular, but Claire Williams leaving / being politely asked to leave is about 3 years too late...

Anyways, I want reverse grid races. Gimme.

Claire is cute in that single mom "heyyyy bring a bottle of wine tonight" sorta way

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Reverse grid is a BAD idea IMO. Rather then pushing for speed during quali to get P1, top teams will tone it down a lot to get a position on the grid that's manageable during the race to get back in the front and avoid contact. Teams in the back will still go full steam ahead during quali in the hopes of getting some exposure and sponsor sheckels.

Reverse grid does come across as a bit of a gimmick in F1. There's always been an issue that one or two teams were so far ahead than anyone else that it "broke" the sport and made it boring to watch. In the 80s and 90s it was McLaren, Ferrari and Williams. Then it was Ferrari and RB, then RB and Merc and now just Merc.

They made the problem worse by limiting the number of engines, transmissions, etc. that the teams have available in order to limit costs and make the sport more "eco-friendly" even adding the hybrid part of the engines is a gimmick IMHO. This is F1, the rulebook should not be that complex.

unlimited body aero (none on the wheels)
unlimited engine types, displacement
unlimited development time and budgets

Limit the fuel to x Kg per race as they do now
Limit the tyres to x sets per race as they do now
Mandatory only 4 wheels (not 6 wheeled cars or whatever)
Mandatory open wheel - no aero allowed over the wheels

Reverse grid does come across as a bit of a gimmick in F1. There's always been an issue that one or two teams were so far ahead than anyone else that it "broke" the sport and made it boring to watch. In the 80s and 90s it was McLaren, Ferrari and Williams. Then it was Ferrari and RB, then RB and Merc and now just Merc.

They made the problem worse by limiting the number of engines, transmissions, etc. that the teams have available in order to limit costs and make the sport more "eco-friendly" even adding the hybrid part of the engines is a gimmick IMHO. This is F1, the rulebook should not be that complex.

unlimited body aero (none on the wheels)
unlimited engine types, displacement
unlimited development time and budgets

Limit the fuel to x Kg per race as they do now
Limit the tyres to x sets per race as they do now
Mandatory only 4 wheels (not 6 wheeled cars or whatever)
Mandatory open wheel - no aero allowed over the wheels

Lol... you wanna end up with 20 seconds difference between first and last car in qualifying?

Reverse grid is a BAD idea IMO. Rather then pushing for speed during quali to get P1, top teams will tone it down a lot to get a position on the grid that's manageable during the race to get back in the front and avoid contact. Teams in the back will still go full steam ahead during quali in the hopes of getting some exposure and sponsor sheckels.

If reverse grid is adopted, it should be based on previous race position rather than quali.... otherwise like you say in quali they will just go slow to not get P1 and not start way at the back.

Instead whoever wins the last race, starts in last for the next race and so on.... would be a better show, and there would definitely be more accidents at the beginning of race too lol

I was going to post the same thing but didn't want to be told to 'fuck off and die in a fire' lol.

F1 is a meritocracy as Wolff says. I'm sure Mercedes HQ will love to spend 1/2 billion dollars/year to watch their cars start 19/20th while Williams is on Pole. In any case, it doesn't solve the problem of passing in dirty air; with the excitement of Gasly did anyone even notice, with the exception of Kimi going backwards in a slow car, there was no passing. Sure it would be exciting to watch but it's a gimmick that belongs in lower Formulae not F1.

Back