2020 Formula 1 Official Thread

d271f14721ba21b7e252f8372450d263.jpg

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

And Jack Aitken in to replace Russell.
No complaints! I think the only one of the replacements that's going to be way off pace is Fittipaldi.

Finally gave Russel a chance, great for him. In F3 he was killing it in his rookie year, the year after Verstappen, same year as Leclerc and Stroll.

Fittipaldi is going to be interesting for sre !

Vandoorne pour Mercedes et Fittipaldi pour Haas.

Mercedes et tout le monde qui suivent la F1 savent que leurs 2 pilotes de réserve sont Vandoorne et Guttierez.

Vandoorne l’a toujours. Il finit ses tests à Valence et est supposé venir à Bahrein. Cependant je ne verrais pas pourquoi Hulkenberg ne devrait pas avoir l’opportunité, il est clairement un meilleur pilote que VAN.

Quoting for posterity.

Schumi junior va pleurer sa vie avec Haas l'an prochain parce que c'est probablement la seule voiture sur la grille qui est plus poche que l'Alfa Romeo. Williams ont clairement une meilleure voiture avec l'effet Russel et aussi car ils se sont débarrasés du poids mort qu'est Kubicza - c'était un excellent pilote pressenti pour etre champion du monde mais suite a sa blessure et ses années de convalescence il n'est plus ce qu'il était.

Je n'ai jamais compris comment il a fait pour avoir le poste de test driver pour Alfa apres le fiasco chez Williams.

There are strain gauges in the nose cone, position sensor in the heave spring and dampers, all from which you can extrapolate downforce based on the straights where there was more displacement before, and less after damage.
Therefore I am kind of calling bs on that as well for Racing Point.
I got a reply from my friend

"We have load sensors on suspension elements but there is nothing like strain gauges or similar on body parts or panels of the car. We are more interested in measuring pressure over the tyres vs the body. This info is more relevant for measuring loads of the car. Wing elements have pitot pressure sensors that measure pressure over the wings then compare to a set target value using various software. This is why we are able to see a problem forming faster than the driver could feel. The sector and lap times are faster to analyze at first in the pitlane but the control room back at the factory will pinpoint what the issue is. From that we can gather how much slower the car will be and how big of an issue we have. If the loss is big enough we will retire the car for something like a rear wing or floor issue as it's not safe to continue"

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Back