2020 Formula 1 Official Thread

Oh shut up ! Both of you !
Alonso takes a crappy car and makes it better.
He might be a bitch for you , but he can build a car from scratch.
He gives a lot of feedback for some...too much maybe.
Hence why they see him as an "enemy" !
Telematics give you feedback...but human feed back is very different. And that's him

Sounds like you're describing Vettel.

Alonso in the old Renault years... maybe. He'd spend days at the factory and not bitch at anything ever (at least it wasn't obvious on media/TV)
Alonso in Mclaren years called out everybody's mother and grandma every time something was out of the ordinary, straight up on the radio.
You don't do that to a multi-million dollar project for a number of reasons: scaring away potential sponsors, drivers, technical staff, etc.

Sounds like you're describing Vettel.

Alonso in the old Renault years... maybe. He'd spend days at the factory and not bitch at anything ever (at least it wasn't obvious on media/TV)
Alonso in Mclaren years called out everybody's mother and grandma every time something was out of the ordinary, straight up on the radio.
You don't do that to a multi-million dollar project for a number of reasons: scaring away potential sponsors, drivers, technical staff, etc

As much as I agree with you on the way he did it, I guess...it was a lot more that happened before. He snapped...after long long waiting time...! Hope was there...as they say, hope dies last.
I t was not from night to day that the engine was bad...
Alonso is very very competitive...and that killed him !!!
Hence why I say , small chances of going back. To have a crappy car and not win...
On the same page...it will be so funny to see Carlitos !!! Another mofo competitive as hell !
Ferrari lost one competitive guy? They got another one worse than Vettel. lol
Will be a lot of fun to watch !!!

As much as I agree with you on the way he did it, I guess...it was a lot more that happened before. He snapped...after long long waiting time...! Hope was there...as they say, hope dies last.
I t was not from night to day that the engine was bad...
Alonso is very very competitive...and that killed him !!!
Hence why I say , small chances of going back. To have a crappy car and not win...
On the same page...it will be so funny to see Carlitos !!! Another mofo competitive as hell !
Ferrari lost one competitive guy? They got another one worse than Vettel. lol
Will be a lot of fun to watch !!!

X2 It's going to put a lot of things into perspective.
2019 season told me that the two fastest people on the grid are probably VER and LEC, given equal machinery to all.
Now that Carlos goes to Ferrari, LEC will get a hard reality check, similar to Norris as well.
Or not, if LEC is really THAT fast, and Carlos will just trail 2-4 tenths.

X2 It's going to put a lot of things into perspective.
2019 season told me that the two fastest people on the grid are probably VER and LEC, given equal machinery to all.
Now that Carlos goes to Ferrari, LEC will get a hard reality check, similar to Norris as well.
Or not, if LEC is really THAT fast, and Carlos will just trail 2-4 tenths.

I'm not following; if LEC is going to get a reality check from Carlos, then Norris won't get a reality check from RIC as Carlos was already "good", no? I feel RIC is a better driver than Carlos and I'm also not sure he's better than VET. Might be more consistent, not sure if faster. I guess we'll see...

I'm not following; if LEC is going to get a reality check from Carlos, then Norris won't get a reality check from RIC as Carlos was already "good", no? I feel RIC is a better driver than Carlos and I'm also not sure he's better than VET. Might be more consistent, not sure if faster. I guess we'll see...

The way you say it can be visible as well.
What I mean to say was
Given that LEC looks really fast
Sainz will compare against LEC in same machinery in future, so Sainz can be gauged.
Since Sainz is gauged against LEC who is really fast, you can make a parallel back to when Sainz and Norris were in the same team in equal machinery and gauge Norris.
It's hard to gauge Ric against Norris right off the bat since Ric spent a year adapting to a so so car, and will now have to adapt yet again to a new car... He isn't straight outta redbull anymore.
That being said, I wish Ric a WC so hard. Nicest guy

The way you say it can be visible as well.
What I mean to say was
Given that LEC looks really fast
Sainz will compare against LEC in same machinery in future, so Sainz can be gauged.
Since Sainz is gauged against LEC who is really fast, you can make a parallel back to when Sainz and Norris were in the same team in equal machinery and gauge Norris.
It's hard to gauge Ric against Norris right off the bat since Ric spent a year adapting to a so so car, and will now have to adapt yet again to a new car... He isn't straight outta redbull anymore.
That being said, I wish Ric a WC so hard. Nicest guy

Ohh ok I get it...

I wish him a WC too just for the fact he's a good sport, but I think age is playing against him at this point. No top tier team will want to hire him. McLaren are doing pretty good, will have to see how they adapt to Mercedes power plant but I'm not sure that they'll be able to catch up to even RedBull in a time where RIC is still going to be a driver.

Anyway at the end of the day, like HUK, we feel bad for these guys, but at the same time, they make millions and have probably one of the best jobs in the world so fuck 'em! LOL

If Seb really wants the drive for Red Bull and money is really why Christian Horner and Dr. Marko don't want to sign him then he should do what Senna did in 1993 and offer to drive the 2nd car for FREE. See if they can refuse that offer.

If Seb really wants the drive for Red Bull and money is really why Christian Horner and Dr. Marko don't want to sign him then he should do what Senna did in 1993 and offer to drive the 2nd car for FREE. See if they can refuse that offer.
I still think they would back Max. As good as Vettel was to RBR they won't return to glory days with him and lose Max in the process. Maybe offer to drive for free at Astonstroll

Senna offered Williams the free drive but was trying to get a Ferrari ride for 94.. Todt didn't want to have any of it as their focus was trying to get MSC

I still think they would back Max. As good as Vettel was to RBR they won't return to glory days with him and lose Max in the process. Maybe offer to drive for free at Astonstroll

Senna offered Williams the free drive but was trying to get a Ferrari ride for 94.. Todt didn't want to have any of it as their focus was trying to get MSC

Oh for sure they would back Max that's why I mentioned '2nd car'; unless Seb somehow manages to pile on the results. Probably unlikely, but I'm not convinced he is done, I think he's still got another championship in him. Ferrari can't even schedule proper tire stops or do any proper race strategy. With the exemption of the MSC era Ferrari team culture has been a problem for 30-40 years. How many quality drivers went their to see their results and careers take a nosedive.

Todt also had both drivers with firm contracts for 94. Senna had a contract to drive for Williams in 92 but chose to stay at McLaren because of his loyalty to Honda and Mr. Kawamoto for their faith in him early in his career. Alesi also had a contract for Williams for 91 but panicked when Williams started waffling about the announcement and sold himself to the Prancing Horse only to see his career plummet. He didn't have an agent if memory serves me. Outside Gilles, probably the most talented driver never to win a title since the 80's.

Stroll to buy eveyone! But this pandemic is hurting everyone. McLaren too had to mortgage the MTC and collection. 6 team grid?

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

McLaren too had to mortgage the MTC and collection. 6 team grid?

Were they able to? They were already used as collateral on another loan... So daddy Stroll is about to buy Mercedes F1 and will put baby Stroll next to Hamilton while Bottas will be sent to Renault?

Were they able to? They were already used as collateral on another loan... So daddy Stroll is about to buy Mercedes F1 and will put baby Stroll next to Hamilton while Bottas will be sent to Renault?

They weren't able to mortgage the car collection. I wouldn't put too much stock in the Stroll buying Mercedes F1 rumours.

Inb4 ferrari, mercedes and the rest are stuck in rumour bullshit, financial overturns, boss exists, driver switches, while RedBull keeps rolling on the chill pill through this and then ends up beasting everyone by 0.4-0.5 seconds.

I bet now all the teams wish they had come up with cost saving measures 5-6 years ago. Haas will be next along with Renault.

Back