2020 Formula 1 Official Thread

Oubliez ça le début de la saison à MTL.

Nous avons des projets de construction dans 3 grands hotels de MTL et nous avons rencontrer la direction.

Ils sont unanimes. Ça n'aura pas lieu, ils parlent avec les organisateurs à tous les jours
Toutes les entreprises événementiels ont annuler leur commande (stage, logistique, nourriture etc)
90% de chance que les frontières seront fermées en Juin

Time for a bit of entertainement. Moments of interest, 1m30 the pit lane is fkg bananas. Also after pit and after Rettifilo, is this a mishift or cold tires spinning on bumps and regaining traction?

10h35 MS expresses his grattitude. Love the sound of this video and the overall impression. It really makes it look like they're scalled up go karts on steriods++ with a thin shell around it.

Time for a bit of entertainement. Moments of interest, 1m30 the pit lane is fkg bananas. Also after pit and after Rettifilo, is this a mishift or cold tires spinning on bumps and regaining traction?

10h35 MS expresses his grattitude. Love the sound of this video and the overall impression. It really makes it look like they're scalled up go karts on steriods++ with a thin shell around it.

Looks like to much power on cold tires.

Since you like split screens here's 89 Suzuka in HD with the race on the left and the onboards of Prost/Senna on the right, perfectly synced. Notice the totally different styles in the cockpit, Prost smooth through the corners, less throttle jabs, less shifting. Senna aggressive flying through corners, hacking at the wheel, throttle never stops opening, shifting through the gearbox, bouncing it off the rev limiter constantly.

Cyril Abiteboul

Last guy to attack racing Point strategy

" A guy who makes a very good or perfect replica should be proud of his job " ?

They're just upset that they'll suck again while overpaying for a top end journeyman driver

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

If they keep the current cars for next season as planned, Haas might stick it out , otherwise it's pretty obvious they are packing up. Renault is a strange one out, they just never seemed to breakout when they "came back" They're the one team I never liked even when Flavio was at the helm. Just remember there are lots of guys like Stroll that have money to buy a team but IMO Stroll will be the only one to make it work properly.

McLaren with Mercedes power though. I hope they keep the current line of drivers and don't fall for Vettel's trap of doom. Andreas Seidl knows what he is doing within the team.

The amount of $ in Renault factory is crazy, would be sad to see them go and have Ric waste 2 (3?) years. Sure he got the pay check but I’m sure he’s getting more than what he wants from media/ads/merch alone.

Having said that I don’t believe anyone is pulling out before a season with new rules rolls around. Too much uncertainty and possibility of random success.

Well 2021 rules are delayed until 2022 maybe 2023. If the season doesn't start by British GP there is a very real chance the season will be cancelled. Teams have already started re directing their seakits back to base and if they run it will be with minimal equipment/ crew on site. No hospitality tents, no sponsor events.

If they keep the current cars for next season as planned, Haas might stick it out , otherwise it's pretty obvious they are packing up. Renault is a strange one out, they just never seemed to breakout when they "came back" They're the one team I never liked even when Flavio was at the helm. Just remember there are lots of guys like Stroll that have money to buy a team but IMO Stroll will be the only one to make it work properly.

McLaren with Mercedes power though. I hope they keep the current line of drivers and don't fall for Vettel's trap of doom. Andreas Seidl knows what he is doing within the team.

It won't only be HAAS you can also say goodbye to Williams, Renault and possibly Sauber. Covid only accelerates and exasperates what has always been a problem in modern F1 especially since this sad hybrid period from 2014 and that's the totally outrageous costs. I'll say again the privateer had always been the heart of F1 not the manufacturers. The costs to run and develop these cars has become completely unreasonable and there has to be some relief or cost forgiveness. The news rules whenever they're implemented does not go far enough in cost cuts and doesn't address the problem of naked grids. If the season is cancelled say hello to possibly 12-14 car grids and a back to basics 15-16 races/year starting next year. Let's see how good that will work out.

Alfa and Torro Rosso or whatever they are called are shut down as well. As for people screaming "Why don't F1 teams make medical equipment" Well yes they can... but F1 teams aren't setup to mass produce things on a large scale. They make very specific items in specific amounts. There are lots of PR stunts going around but even a company like GM just can't scale up production in a few days or weeks. We could see lots of F1 teams looking to sell massive amount of the team to highest bidders. Sauber and Williams have always managed to survive. Renault is at the mercy of the French gov and Haas is at the Mercy of what Gene is willing to spend. Zak Brown is perhaps the only person that gets whats going on and the stupidity of the costs the last few seasons. As long as Ferrari and Mercedes are calling the shots we are fucked.

The teams wouldn't mind a 16-18 race season... These asian fly are brutal

Last edited:
Yep... Just softly saying it's cancelled. I'm standing by my comments. If the season doesn't start by British GP the season is cancelled

Each GP is a money maker.
I don't believe anything will be cancelled even if there's only Abu Dhabi left, after the social distancing is lifted.
That's also why each official cancellation is being dragged all the way to point of no return.
I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Back