2020 Formula 1 Official Thread

He's still a genius no doubt and has pull but the heavy work has been handed off to his hand picked team. You need someone to bring all that talent together and manage it. Much like Patrick Head but not screaming at people or throwing books at them. £20 million a year keeps Newey around.

Frank Williams admitted that not keeping him was one of the teams biggest blunders. Thanks Patrick Head

Mercedes and RBR are successful because of good people management. This is what Ferrari is horrible at once Brawn left. They tossed his notebook and succession plan in the trash. You can't build a team if you keep firing everyone.

McLaren is slowly improving because they switched people around. With Seidl around now there will be great things

So he still brings added value. Don't know about McLaren but for Ferrari, I think MS was in the driver's seat, brought his talent and a daisychain of dedicated and competetive likeminded people along with him. I don't feel like VET did the same. Maybe he thought his talent alone would make him victorious at la Scuderia.

To be honest, I was expecting that I would be enjoying the read based on my 2-3 year experience building race cars in university and my Mech Eng lol.
But having read the 8-10 page preview, it's written really well for anyone, and in fact should be enjoyable for anyone that just likes car.

I should receive the book on Monday, will report back :D

So he still brings added value. Don't know about McLaren but for Ferrari, I think MS was in the driver's seat, brought his talent and a daisychain of dedicated and competetive likeminded people along with him. I don't feel like VET did the same. Maybe he thought his talent alone would make him victorious at la Scuderia.

I hate to say it, but Vettel in Ferrari (at least based on the past several years) is something like a (insert heavy German accent) Bratwurst on a (insert heavy Italian accent) Bruschetta: it may seem appealing from a distance, but then taster's experience may vary LOL.

I do root for him though, he should get the title before getting out of the sport - he's one of those really passionate people that put their heart out.

I hate to say it, but Vettel in Ferrari (at least based on the past several years) is something like a (insert heavy German accent) Bratwurst on a (insert heavy Italian accent) Bruschetta: it may seem appealing from a distance, but then taster's experience may vary LOL.

I do root for him though, he should get the title before getting out of the sport - he's one of those really passionate people that put their heart out.

He's a racer for sure. I remember him passing like one or two cars on the grass just before reaching the speed limit line in the pits. Good stuff!

The cars were so pretty in the late 80s/early 90s

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Yup even the privateers had some beautiful designs. That Leyton House Judd was beautiful and almost won the 1990 French GP. They had a new floor and diffuser which gave the car a huge boost in performance on smooth tracks. Ivan Capelli also realized by not drifting flat out at Courbe de Signes he could save the tires and not make any stops. Yes, one set of tires could last 65 laps+ back then. He was all set to win until an engine problem came up with 5 laps left and he finished 2nd. Ironically Newey was not even at the race, he had already taken a job at Williams and had to see it on TV. He probably could have negotiated a much better contract had he waited a few weeks..

With any luck we'll be blessed with his return to F1 like Kimi did. Hopefully with a winning team this time.
Alonso isn't coming back. The sport is better off without him. I'm glad McLaren showed him the door. They have a good thing going with the new crew

I'm done with these. I'd consider lending them out. Next month in the UK I pick up some new stuff at Waterstones. I also have Steve Matchett The Mechanics Tale and Chariot Makers. Button how to be an F1 driver and some other ones
eaf24824921b461a0d8b825bcd0c836b.jpg

Alonso isn't coming back. The sport is better off without him. I'm glad McLaren showed him the door. They have a good thing going with the new crew

He still faster than magnussen, grosjean, giovinazzi, kvyat, gasly, stroll, perez.. probably as fast as russell and albon... hows the sport better without him? You’re bitter cuz you dont like him lol

Everybody hates on alonso, saying he was drama etc. Personally i see a dude who was QUICK. The first to dethrone my motorsport idol, so to me that already says a lot lol. As for his last years at mclaren honda... man, he was just too old and too much of a princess to have such a dog of a car. Anyhow, personally i’m scared he will have lost it if he comes back. 2 years+ away his long in f1

Back