Record de 27 heures 25 minutes pour le Cannonball

Comment ils font pour ne pas avoir de ticket par la suite?
Il y avait aussi un char qui avait modifié tout son coffre pour faire une immense fuel tank . Je pense qu’il n’a jamais arrêté
Mais mexhante risque de partir en fumee

i wonder if there is a canadian record.... Halifax to Vancouver lol

I’ve already done Calgary - Gatineau in 29h30 through the US with an average speed of around 108 km/h. I drove with a RD through the Prairies and US. It’s kinda hard to do better than that without getting caught (specifically in the US which they have a lot of police surveillance).

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

I’ve already done Calgary - Gatineau in 29h30 through the US with an average speed of around 108 km/h. I drove with a RD through the Prairies and US. It’s kinda hard to do better than that without getting caught (specifically in the US which they have a lot of police surveillance).

too bad we don't have a limitless straight path through the prairies. I'd do 340 through that crap.

A 3 char vla 20 ans on a fait Académie des Estacades au Cap de la madelaine au musée Villeneuve a Berthier.

19 minutes.

A gauche, a droite, accotements des deux bords. Ça passait en barnak.

J'ai aussi déjà fait de nuit Montréal ste-catherine entre Peel et Stanley a chez moi a l'époque a st-gregoire en 50 min.

Haaaa le bon vieux temps !!!
58e9bb2a9fc974256a553a66e155b9bd.jpg

Envoyé de mon Pixel en utilisant Tapatalk

too bad we don't have a limitless straight path through the prairies. I'd do 340 through that crap.

Actually, outside of Regina and Medicine Hat, I found no cops along Highway 1 whatsoever. No traffic on the left lane and with a RD (which is legal in SK, AB and BC) you can drive as fast as you can without worrying about getting caught.

lol 108 km. You are not even going above speed limit.

Sa l’air slow 108 km/h, mais à partir de North Portal, ND et Sault Ste Marie, MI la limite est entre 50-60 mph et tu traverses un shitload de village (et plein de police au Michigan qui ne font que du radar). Rendu en Ontario la limite sur la transcanadienne est de 90 km/h, ce qui est slow en crisse pour un autoroute sans parlé des nombreux village que tu dois traverser et rouler 50 km/h. Première journée j’avais fait Calgary - Bemidji, MN avec une moyenne de 118 km/h...

Néanmoins à la fin de mon trajet j’ai tout de même retranché pas moins de 5h30 vs l’estimation de Google...

Sherbrooke-Alma en 3h15

Ca donne environ 145km/h de moyenne

55/20/175/169 On a fait des grand boute a 180 sur la 20, on était 3 chars et plusieurs ''embarquait'' au courant de la run lol

Un de mes chums avait une Talon TSI turbo (last gen) et il avait meme dépassé une fillé de char sur l'accotement de gauche avec 2 roues dans pelouse sur la 20....

i wonder if there is a canadian record.... Halifax to Vancouver lol
As far as I've researched there are a couple but nothing noteworthy. It's a grueling trek across Canada. You are automatically at a disadvantage due to our geography. The fastest way across Canada? It's through the US. Northern Ontario is a killer.

The fact a regular guy broke the Cannonball record in a rental mustang that was a fuel tank with little for "counter measures" just shows you that the well funded teams are some what full of shit and do it for show.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cu...ca-in-25-hours-55-minutes-in-a-rental-mustang

So the new record and extremely well funded team
https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cu...rd-broken-25-hours-39-minutes-from-nyc-to-la/

Comment ils font pour ne pas avoir de ticket par la suite?
Il y avait aussi un char qui avait modifié tout son coffre pour faire une immense fuel tank . Je pense qu’il n’a jamais arrêté
Mais mexhante risque de partir en fumee

I believe that historically speaking, they'd wait a few months before going public as the "statute of limitation" for certain offences would expire.

IE charges (or tickets) need to be filed within X time or it can't be done. The delays in going public makes the prosecution's job just about impossible.

So long as no one in the car "flips" and spills the beans, waiting a few months would also make any witnesses account pretty unreliable. "Oh yeah, 6 months ago a white car drove past me really quickly. It had wheels and doors. There was a man driving but I can't remember what he looks like" Traffic / CCTV footage would also likely get purged or not be available. (who was at the wheel when the car pulled in to whichever gas station).

It would be all sorts of reckless to brag about this the next day.

As far as I've researched there are a couple but nothing noteworthy. It's a grueling trek across Canada. You are automatically at a disadvantage due to our geography. The fastest way across Canada? It's through the US. Northern Ontario is a killer.

The fact a regular guy broke the Cannonball record in a rental mustang that was a fuel tank with little for "counter measures" just shows you that the well funded teams are some what full of shit and do it for show.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cu...ca-in-25-hours-55-minutes-in-a-rental-mustang

So the new record and extremely well funded team
https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cu...rd-broken-25-hours-39-minutes-from-nyc-to-la/

Absolutely. I've driven the American and Canadian alternatives and Northern Ontario sucks.

Highway 17: Two Ways, Two lanes with rock faces on either sides of the roadway? Semis everywhere slowing you down and making passing a chore. Metric fuck ton of wildlife? High gas prices and poor availability (at times) of high octane?

Love what they're doing with the cars to "disguise them". That's pretty clever.

But hearing them explain their "rationale" is a bit funny.
"Oh, I chose the E63 at the time because there wasn't a full Alpha package for the S6." Bitch please. That car desperately needs more fuel/range more than it needs a shit ton more power.

The high profile teams' legions of scouts / kamikazes willing to take one of the team is probably more effective than the fancy gear and power mods. But it adds to the overall mystique, that's for sure.

I believe that historically speaking, they'd wait a few months before going public as the "statute of limitation" for certain offences would expire.

IE charges (or tickets) need to be filed within X time or it can't be done. The delays in going public makes the prosecution's job just about impossible.

So long as no one in the car "flips" and spills the beans, waiting a few months would also make any witnesses account pretty unreliable. "Oh yeah, 6 months ago a white car drove past me really quickly. It had wheels and doors. There was a man driving but I can't remember what he looks like" Traffic / CCTV footage would also likely get purged or not be available. (who was at the wheel when the car pulled in to whichever gas station).

It would be all sorts of reckless to brag about this the next day.

Absolutely. I've driven the American and Canadian alternatives and Northern Ontario sucks.

Highway 17: Two Ways, Two lanes with rock faces on either sides of the roadway? Semis everywhere slowing you down and making passing a chore. Metric fuck ton of wildlife? High gas prices and poor availability (at times) of high octane?

Love what they're doing with the cars to "disguise them". That's pretty clever.

"Oh, I chose the E63 at the time because there wasn't a full Alpha package for the S6." Bitch please. That car desperately needs more fuel/range more than it needs a shit ton more power.

The high profile teams' legions of scouts / kamikazes willing to take one of the team is probably more effective than the fancy gear and power mods. But it adds to the overall mystique, that's for sure.

What is baffling to me is why it hasn't been done in diesel Benz or BMW. Enough power, enough top speed, probably can squeeze out more range. Good planning is key vs "omg I need more power for the YouTube. You would be able to fuel the tanks yourself quickly at a truck stop

The Mustang rental was genius. It's what I'd expect from a proper car guy. Disguise cars seems like a waste of time and just adds flare. Most people don't even know that car they're driving.. you think theyll be able to make something out at 140mph?

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

What is baffling to me is why it hasn't been done in diesel Benz or BMW. Enough power, enough top speed, probably can squeeze out more range. Good planning is key vs "omg I need more power for the YouTube. You would be able to fuel the tanks yourself quickly at a truck stop

The Mustang rental was genius. It's what I'd expect from a proper car guy. Disguise cars seems like a waste of time and just adds flare. Most people don't even know that car they're driving.. you think theyll be able to make something out at 140mph?

Probably a factor of sticking to "what we know" / top tier fuel availability? Truck stop nozzles won't fit the OEM filler, but with an aftermarket aux tank/transfer tank with a big enough opening, it would be a piece of cake. Neat way of solving that issue. Bonus points for diesel being less volatile should anything "bad" happen along the way. It won't catch on fire but it may stink if you spill any!

Are the North American engine tunes with OEM pollution control devices / strategies conducive to sustained high speed runs? I don't see why not, but I'd still get the feeling you're rolling the dices just a wee bit more than with a gasoline swilling beast if you simply can't afford any downtime / troubleshooting along the way.

12MPG for that mustang is still pretty impressive knowing that you can expect just about 100% reliability on that set up. That's part of what makes it smart: You know you won't find yourself monitoring regens, egt temperatures and all that kind of shenanigans.

The Ford looking emblem on the audi was "cute", but likely irrelevant. So was trying to make the benz look more like an accord. I think the real genius was in the reflective strip on the back and unit number on a "fleet special white" car. I dig the conspicuous in-conspicuity approach. Give it an air of "official business"

I'm sure the average truck driver has seen their fair share of trooper fly-bys on the interstate and probably wouldn't think much of it.

The emission system issues are caused by the lack of high speed runs..

The emission system issues are caused by the lack of high speed runs..

Yes, they don't like short cycles, no load. High speed highway cruising is a dream scenario technically speaking. This would be more of an irrational lack of faith than a technical argument. Would you be willing to bet a record attempt on getting some shitty watered down diesel along the way though? Seems I've read more about bad fuel killing HPFP / injectors "out of the blue" than the same with gas cars. Proper planning would make this less of a concern.

It's sort of counter intuitive, but in this day and age I'd pick gas over diesel if dependability is the most important metric.

Yes, they don't like short cycles, no load. High speed highway cruising is a dream scenario technically speaking. This would be more of an irrational lack of faith than a technical argument. Would you be willing to bet a record attempt on getting some shitty watered down diesel along the way though? Seems I've read more about bad fuel killing HPFP / injectors "out of the blue" than the same with gas cars. Proper planning would make this less of a concern.

It's sort of counter intuitive, but in this day and age I'd pick gas over diesel if dependability is the most important metric.
The turn over of fuel at those off the interstate is high. I wouldn't even be worried. . The same can happen on a gas car. You are overthinking it

They said in another video the challenge is tk get back to speed as fast as possible not maintain it.

Are diesels good to do 60-120 pulls one after the other?

The only way I would consider diesel is if I could do the trip without a refuel.

Would definitely do my part and scout/get a ticket in a state with no demerit points for a local team to beat the record.

Pm if interested 😬

there's a good bit of marketing in there too. As I understand it, Arne is involved with AMS who makes the alpha package.

Back