Scheer is resigning.

J'avais pris ma carte de membre pcc pour pouvoir voter a le sortir et voter pour le prochain

Finalement ça aura pas servi pour la preniere parti il a fait le bon move.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Funny how it's always those drumming the ethics drum the loudest also get caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

It's overall good for everyone, except maybe the liberals I'm sure they would have enjoyed a few more months of leadership drama for the CPC.

Funny how it's always those drumming the ethics drum the loudest also get caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

It's overall good for everyone, except maybe the liberals I'm sure they would have enjoyed a few more months of leadership drama for the CPC.
The party paid the difference between the cost of private school in Regina (his town) and Ottawa (his function city)

It's not good if it was hidden, but it's not a scandal IMO. It should've been public and know though. Trudeau gets nannies and stuff paid by the govt it's not that different

In any case I'm glad he's gone

C'est pas tant croche. C'est même pas "wrong". Le fuck c'est l'image que ça donne.

L'article le mentionne les PM et chef de permis se font donner de l'argent pour relocaliser leur famille, payer les frais scolaires. Le fuck c'est que ses contemporains, dans un esprit de PM du Canada, ont envoyer leurs kids dans le système publique. L'élite du système publique mais quand même.

Sheer à insister pour que ses kids soient dans le privé et je pense (pas confirmé) dans une école Évangélique Chrétienne privé avec "Sunday's school". Entre ça, sont refus de participer au Pride Day, ses positions rétrogrades sur l'avortement, pis ça face de "american insurance salesma" ... les canadiens en avaient assez, surtout la frange de son partit qui est pas aussi socialement rétrograde.

Personnellement, j'aimais bien Sheer. Il reflètait bien le fond de conscience du frange importante du parti Conservateur Canadien, méga aligné avec les Evangéliste américain à la Mike Pence et CIE. Ça avait au moins le mérite d'être claire.

C'est pas pour rien que ça été si difficile pour eux de départager entre Sheer (L'honnêteté de la représentation) VS Maxime Bernier (une face populiste dans l'air du temps qui aurait servi de punching bag pendant que le boulet de démolition fait son œuvre en arrière plan).

The party paid the difference between the cost of private school in Regina (his town) and Ottawa (his function city)

It's not good if it was hidden, but it's not a scandal IMO. It should've been public and know though. Trudeau gets nannies and stuff paid by the govt it's not that different

In any case I'm glad he's gone

Senior Conservatives say the expenditures were made without the knowledge or approval of the Conservative fund board, including the chair of the board.

That's what the executive director of the CPC is claiming (post-revelation) the fact that no one else seems to have been aware of this arrangement besides him and Scheer and that Scheer is stepping down on this given how absolutely steadfast he's been about staying when there's been much stronger opposition from within his caucus makes me believe it wasn't on the up and up as they are trying to claim, it's not something you resign over if it's a legitimate arrangement that simply wasn't disclosed.

Also the guy makes near $200k a year and doesn't pay for housing or the support staff that he also gets. I'm sure he can pay for private school with the money he's saving on that alone. Wouldn't be surprised if there's more to this story.

That's what the executive director of the CPC is claiming (post-revelation) the fact that no one else seems to have been aware of this arrangement besides him and Scheer and that Scheer is stepping down on this given how absolutely steadfast he's been about staying when there's been much stronger opposition from within his caucus makes me believe it wasn't on the up and up as they are trying to claim, it's not something you resign over if it's a legitimate arrangement that simply wasn't disclosed.

Also the guy makes near $200k a year and doesn't pay for housing or the support staff that he also gets. I'm sure he can pay for private school with the money he's saving on that alone. Wouldn't be surprised if there's more to this story.
I agree, there's likely more.

And if the party didn't know then it's stupid. It could likely have been fine had he asked politely.

It seems the party finds are often at stake in "scandals", Trudeau's nanny, Bloc québécois salariés, etc. We heard a lot of stories of party money being misused

Back