2020 Spotted Thread

It doesn’t have anything to do with it being an american car. Tons of retards drive euros and japs.
En effet.
Juste le fait de tourner puis freiner (au lieu de freiner puis tourner) peut donner de biens beaux résultats.

Envoyé de mon Pixel 2 en utilisant Tapatalk

I agree on that.

But to flip a car like that at 40-50 km / h , it must have a super mega suspension.

Reminded me of this :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQR8_kP_jAk

that's how you pass small overlap crashes without having to build a structure to support the weight of your vehicle crushing a small section of itself from behind. If you can make the vehicle deflect the impact, you don't have to absorb all of that energy. And sure, your Wrangler ends up on its side, but I'm sure the following impacts on the passengers are pretty mild, fingers crossed that all of their members were inside the vehicle before, during and after.

but if you don't like to end up looking down on your passenger after impact, buy a car with suspension travel designed for the terrain you're most likely going to navigate. I'll never get the appeal of offroad vehicles driven on road 99.999995% of the time.

Problem with a car like that while nice appeals only to someone wanting a Fiero, very niche. So if you do want to sell it you start lowering the price to the point where someone looking for something randomly comes across it.

This is why investing money into cars is stupid unless you plan on keeping it forever... Or you pick a platform that retains the most value/ appeals to a larger base or audience. Yea youll lose money but the hit won't be that terrible

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

En effet.
Juste le fait de tourner puis freiner (au lieu de freiner puis tourner) peut donner de biens beaux résultats.

Tu devrais changer ton bazoun sans ABS d'abbord.
Ca existe encore sur la route ca?

En passant l'ABS est standard sur toutes les autos 2012+

Tu devrais changer ton bazoun sans ABS d'abbord.
Ca existe encore sur la route ca?

En passant l'ABS est standard sur toutes les autos 2012+
Respire, tout va bien aller.
On va te verser un nouveau bol de céréales sans pipi dedans, ça va être meilleur.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-autos-camio...-supercharged-superfast-car-280-hp/1508310409

Shiiiit, jpensais pas qu’un jour je verrais quelque chose de bien sortir de c’est pauvre voiture. J’aime

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Wow! I like it. If it was a 1988 I'd be interested at that price. The few that I've seen built up like this in Ontario have sold.

All that work and not one engine photo.

Someone find me a Low KM (50k or less) 1988 GT with a 5 speed and a sunroof/TTop in Yellow/Wine/White for $10k CAD and I'll buy it. I'd sell my 86 with 31,000km in a heart beat for the dream Fiero I had growing up. Back when they were affordable I didn't have the money, now that I have money the 88's are unaffordable.

If dude lives in Ontario I think that cars from 88 and older don’t have to go thru “air pure”
Meaning they won’t check if it pollutes or not.

Last year production and major upgrades

You are correct. 1988 is the best year, the most valuable and the rarest.

From 1984-1987 the biggest complaint with the car was the suspension which was basically stolen from the Chevette in the front and the Citation in the back, 1988 had an all new suspension designed specifically for the Fiero. According to reviewers and owners it made a big difference. The steering radius is also much improved. The brakes were also upgraded to be bigger and the rear rotors are vented instead of solid. The headlight system on 87-88 is much more reliable than on the earlier cars and 88 was the only year you could have factory TTOPS and Lumbar seats. If you want a Fiero, 88 is the year to buy and the way it should have been built from the start. GM being GM killed off the car when they got it right instead of putting in the cash for R&D from the start. 1988 Would also have been the first year for power steering but because the car was getting AXED they actually cancelled those plans at the last minute. A few cars did accidently leave the factory with the units in place but this is really rare.

However, on the other hand, replacement parts are now really hard to come by for 88 specific things like ttop seals and some suspension parts and brake calipers. The Fiero Store and other vendors have reproduced parts like the wheel bearings and people have adapted ttop seals from other cars however I heard that finding parts is complicated.

I wanted one soo bad growing up, I think if I could get the perfect 88 GT I wouldn't need to own any other Fiero and I'd be happy with it.

If dude lives in Ontario I think that cars from 88 and older don’t have to go thru “air pure”

Nah. That program was scrapped a year or two ago. No more emission testing in Ontario for personal vehicles. Surprisingly enough, 84-87 were exempt but 88 was not. The cut-off was 1988 for as long as I can remember before the program was scrapped.

Emissions testing in Ontario was scrapped for passenger cars as they realized most cars on the road are newer(last 10 years) and keeping the program open for older stuff simply wasnt worth it the effort. A client has an RX7 and he was a very happy about it along with the 964/993 guys. Many states have gone the same route as well.

Commercial trucks still need to pass I believe.

My dad purchased a fiero gt 1988 white from ontario a month ago.
2 owners car, no accident. Low millage car. The car is good looking seriously.
Its an automatic but this is what he wanted.

he told me that he purchased the same car but manual brand new in 1988. But had to sell it after I was born in 1988.
Quite a funny sorry.

He said he will keep it forever for his grand kid. (My gf pregnant :)

My dad purchased a fiero gt 1988 white from ontario a month ago.
2 owners car, no accident. Low millage car. The car is good looking seriously.
Its an automatic but this is what he wanted.

he told me that he purchased the same car but manual brand new in 1988. But had to sell it after I was born in 1988.
Quite a funny sorry.

He said he will keep it forever for his grand kid. (My gf pregnant :)

Nice! PM me some photos if you think about it.

There are a bunch of really nice Automatic cars available but I really want the 5 speed.

I placed a 12k offer for a white 88GT TTOP with a 5speed listed in BC last year but they refused. It would have cost about 15k with transport and taxes. It ended up selling for just north of 15k and the new owner was trying to flip it earlier this summer for 26k. It's no longer on KIJIJI so I'm not sure what happened to it but it was really nice.

0fc53a12ba2a2f4bb3f98b7f53e77d39.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back