2020 Spotted Thread

British Car industry is fascinating. So many different companies doing different things. A favourite of mine is MG putting in a V8 in the MG GT.. the aluminum V8 was lighter than the all Iron 4cylinder..

People moan about build quality but was 60s 70s or 80s North American stuff any better? Not a chance.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

I think it's more to do with funky wiring, short production runs, and jags and the two tanks that almost never worked properly.
The Jensen Interceptor and Aston Martin Vantage v8 are among my favourite cars from that era.

I think it's more to do with funky wiring, short production runs, and jags and the two tanks that almost never worked properly.
The Jensen Interceptor and Aston Martin Vantage v8 are among my favourite cars from that era.
These small manufactures were hit really really hard by FMVSS Act and the clean Air act of 1970. Brands that fell under the BL umbrella could somewhat adapt quickly with bolted on parts... Then fuel crisis hit and recession did them in. The market for the British sports car was drying up in the USA anyways. The MGB sold amazingly well in North America but by the end of its production run had barely been updated and looked like garbage. Abingdon closed in 1980. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yPPDXKjVRfE

e33cdf4803e10dbc8640d6514ac9878b.jpg

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Maudit que le salon de Montreal fait ticoune comparé à celui de Toronto

Back