2019 Canadian Tesla sales down 15%

That's like saying that the Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio is the best sports saloon. Sure it's 100.000$ once you're done with all the taxes and fees but it's not affordable for everyone. For the average consumer it's still expensive.

With the model 3, Tesla is trying to market an "everyman" car at premium prices. The tech is impressive but it's just too expensive so the average Joe that wants an EV will get a Bolt or a Kia/Hyundai.

If I'm honest the only reason to get a Tesla is the AWD. If you're fine with a FWD than even a Nissan Leaf is more viable and will probably be more reliable, better build quality, better value overall.

le model SR qui mintéresse est RWD pi jai aussi de la misere a my faire, version AWD couterais 65k avant taxe et rabais de 8k seulement je crois.

le model SR qui mintéresse est RWD pi jai aussi de la misere a my faire, version AWD couterais 65k avant taxe et rabais de 8k seulement je crois.
The 8k rebate is ending soon. It will be down to 3k

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

1- Les ventes de voitures neuves s'essouflent dans pas mal toutes les marques
2- Si le gouvernement québécois aboli les incitatifs sur les voitures électriques, ils en vendront pas une criss
3- Ce n'est pas mal du tout 13k vente sur des voitures qu'on ne voit même pas en annonce à la TV. Aucune publicité à nul part. Elle se vend que par le nom lol
4- La modèle 3 est belle, mais la modèle S se fait vieillot côté design

Je pense que pour moi ça va finir que je vais acheter un char used de 12,000-14,000$.

Je ne crois plus être dans le marché pour les voitures neuves. J'ai d'autre priorité maintenant.

Je pense que pour moi ça va finir que je vais acheter un char used de 12,000-14,000$.

Je ne crois plus être dans le marché pour les voitures neuves. J'ai d'autre priorité maintenant.

En effet, la decision la plus intelligente est de t'acheter une voiture un bonne condition à 10-15k cash que de devoir t'acheter une voiture neuve et ou une tesla à 50k.

Certes, une décision plate, mais plus rationnel.

The big problem with the model 3 its because the only one that can get all the rebate is the base on with the small battery, because of that The kona is a way better option with more range.

I always said it, the tesla badge is worth 10k on a model 3. What a like about Hyundai/Kia is that you dont pay an extra for the badge. You pay for what you get

Il ne faut pas oublié aussi le financement Tesla qui n'est vraiment pas abordable pour Mr/Madame tout le monde; il finance à 4-4.5% de mémoire donc c'est pas long que la voiture coûte 5-6000$ de plus.

To be honest sales of everything in Canada is down. The Model 3 is pricy but it's the best on the market just not affordable for everyone. For the avg consumer even after rebates and fuel savings it's still expensive

This. At the end of the day, the size and build quality is inferior to most compact cars of similar "look". I keep saying a Model 3 is an electric Mazda3. But it's double the price. I know there the performance...but it isn't worth 25k+. The fit and finish, while getting better compared to day 1, is still terrible. Paint quality is terrible.

And at the end of the day, there are a lot of people like me, who if they make the switch to electric, it's because they want to SAVE the money they'd be spending on gas...not use it to compensate for the more expensive car payment.

Over time, Tesla really needs to figure out a way to bring the current (or 2nd gen) model 3 down to below 30k CAD, otherwise, they're going to keep losing market shares.

Last edited:
jacheterai jamais de shit coréen.

realy?

pourtent moi mitsubishi ca serai la derniere affaire sur ma liste d'achat... to each there own i guess...

ca doit pas etre ten de la merde que ca... ya une liste d'attente de 11 mois pour avoir un kona ev ou une ioniq

debande un peu de ton phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev un peu... ya pas juste ca dans vie

realy?

pourtent moi mitsubishi ca serai la derniere affaire sur ma liste d'achat... to each there own i guess...

ca doit pas etre ten de la merde que ca... ya une liste d'attente de 11 mois pour avoir un kona ev ou une ioniq

debande un peu de ton phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev phev un peu... ya pas juste ca dans vie

jten train de dire jveux un tesla pense tu jle sais pas?

Jai dit que mon dada cest les vieille mitsu i know that my phev is not the shit. J'ai acheté sa pcq jai 2 kids a trimballé. BTW cest ma blonde qui l'a a temp plein jle prend juste la fds, jviens travailler avec ma vieille brete la semaine.

Et oui mitsubishi>Kia quand meme. Et tu risque de me voir dans un chevrolet avant un kia.

Jai dit que mon dada cest les vieille mitsu i know that my phev is not the shit. J'ai acheté sa pcq jai 2 kids a trimballé. BTW cest ma blonde qui l'a a temp plein jle prend juste la fds, jviens travailler avec ma vieille brete la semaine.

Et oui mitsubishi>Kia quand meme. Et tu risque de me voir dans un chevrolet avant un kia.

iiii boboy, tu aime ca la misere

To be honest sales of everything in Canada is down. The Model 3 is pricy but it's the best on the market just not affordable for everyone. For the avg consumer even after rebates and fuel savings it's still expensive

Sure, down 2% year over year overall for the Canadian Market. That's still a lot less than 15%. And it's not because people can't afford to pay 50k for vehicles. The average transaction price for an F-150 was $47 000 USD in 2018. Trucks have never been more expensive and they're still selling at a good pace w/o any governmental incentives. Full and midsize SUV pricing is out of control too.

What's more worrying to me is that Teslas are down 80% from December 2018 at only 650 units sold monthly vs 2230. (They've only sold 650 a month for the past 9 month or so, 400 of which being Model 3s)

That's counter intuitive considering most articles I've seen show increased production capacity. You'd think that these numbers would be going up, not down.

The Chevy bolt managed to go up 15% despite the incentives going away in some places. Niro and Kona are up (but they don't show the EV/ non EV numbers)

Are people waiting for Model Y? Sure, I bet some people are.

I simply did not expect these numbers. Anyone know what's up with these low Model 3 sales for the past 9 months?

Ishhhh t’as pas été t’asseoir dans le Chevrolet et Kia pour écrire ça lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure, down 2% year over year overall for the Canadian Market. That's still a lot less than 15%. And it's not because people can't afford to pay 50k for vehicles. The average transaction price for an F-150 was $47 000 USD in 2018. Trucks have never been more expensive and they're still selling at a good pace w/o any governmental incentives. Full and midsize SUV pricing is out of control too.

What's more worrying to me is that Teslas are down 80% from December 2018 at only 650 units sold monthly vs 2230. (They've only sold 650 a month for the past 9 month or so, 400 of which being Model 3s)

That's counter intuitive considering most articles I've seen show increased production capacity. You'd think that these numbers would be going up, not down.

The Chevy bolt managed to go up 15% despite the incentives going away in some places. Niro and Kona are up (but they don't show the EV/ non EV numbers)

Are people waiting for Model Y? Sure, I bet some people are.

I simply did not expect these numbers. Anyone know what's up with these low Model 3 sales for the past 9 months?
Incentives and financing is better at Ford.... Ford also does a crap ton of fleet sales so does GM and FCA which can prop up shitty consumer sales . Tesla doesn't. So Tesla sales are down and it's run for the hills but in reality everyone's numbers are horribly down especially Nissan the subprime kings?

Want to know what the numbers really show? People are tapped out credit wise regardless of brand in Canada.

Je suis aller essayer un modèle 3 long range awd la semaine dernière, j’ai vraiment été surpris de la voiture ,les accélérations son impressionnante ,la tenu de route est très bonne, j avais l impression de chauffer un go-kart ,sa ma donner le goût d’en commander une haha . C est la première auto électrique que j’ai essayer pis jai vraiment aimer sa. J’ai essayer le modèle s et j’ai moins aimer, trop gros . Pour quelqu’un comme moi qui met 4000$ de gaz par année,je trouve personnellement que sa revient pas si chère que sa comme auto .

Model 3 est supposé detre une voiture pour tout le monde, cest 20k trop cher pour le monde qui pensait que cetait abordable

Отправлено с моего CLT-L04 через Tapatalk

Back