Event Coverage: Votez pour votre véhicle préféré dans le Zone Tuning au Salon de l’Auto 2020

Votez pour votre véhicle préféré dans le Zone Tuning au Salon de l’Auto 2020

• AC Cobra - Olivier Paquette

Votes: 35 63.6%
  • Mazdaspeed3 - Yaniv Dadoun

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Honda Civic - Virginie Rioux

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Nissan 350Z - Alexandre Boudreau

• Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart- Jose Mendez

• Nissan 240SX - Nicolas Roy

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • MINI Cooper S - Shant Mikhlian

• Nissan GTR - Alexandre Germain

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Ford Falcon - Corey Rudolf

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • Honda Prelude - Kim Tétreault

• Total voters
Cobra + Falcon mais en même temps je trouve pas que ça fit avec les autres. Ils auraient dû mettre ça à part. Mais bon, en même temps, si c'est tout ce qu'il y avait...

Pour le reste, probablement la S13 avec le 2JZ mais fuck le convertible et les fenders ridicules.

La pire: la Prelude esti.

Feels like 2001 all over again.
What a pathetic showcase of cars....aside from the Cobra- which while not an original, stands out in this crowd.

edit- the Falcon is kinda cool- not pathetic.

All I'm gonna say is that all of you commenting here, are making your comments based on pictures knowing nothing about the actual cars. I pretty much built one of these cars myself (with others) and can tell you it's not just cosmetics "bodyworks & bags". It's built in every way possible and makes more than double the factory power (now upwards of 500HP and would likely trash any of your cars here on the 1/4 mile).

At the end of the day, people going to the car show don't care about seeing a 1000HP stock body car like y'all wanna see here. They wanna see flash, bodywork and things that stand out visually.

Furthermore, the tuning section this year was organised by a different 3rd party who held a contest online and the top 10 finishers won an entry at the show, much like tuner battlegrounds do with the sending the winners to SEMA.

Last edited:
Entk les commentaires des gens sur Facebook qui ont participé a la section tuning sont drole a voir brailler et chialer.

Le Falcon et la Cobra c'est les deux qui sont vraiment hot!

Le reste on dirais qu'on est de retour en 2001. Sorry.. not sorry.

Envoyé de mon SM-G930W8 en utilisant Tapatalk

All I'm gonna say is that all of you commenting here, are making your comments based on pictures knowing nothing about the actual cars. I pretty much built one of these cars myself (with others) and can tell you it's not just cosmetics "bodyworks & bags". It's built in every way possible and makes more than double the factory power (now upwards of 500HP and would likely trash any of your cars here on the 1/4 mile).

At the end of the day, people going to the car show don't care about seeing a 1000HP stock body car like y'all wanna see here. They wanna see flash, bodywork and things that stand out visually.

Furthermore, the tuning section this year was organised by a different 3rd party who held a contest online and the top 10 finishers won an entry at the show, much like tuner battlegrounds do with the sending the winners to SEMA.

Cool story. However, this is why car shows are no longer a thing. I've competed in them before for a long time during the early and mid 2ks and it's literally a competition of who can spend the most money. It doesn't matter how many hours and sweat were poured into a build. It also doesn't matter how much power or fast the car is.

You could have the cleanest, most well executed build, and you'll loose to a rice box covered in bondo and homie chromie shit with a leaf blower strapped to the intake.

Classic car shows are way more interesting and a whole lot less of an ego/cash centric theme. That's why they're still around and tuner shows are all but gone.

I have zero doubts that the cars pictured above have tons of time and workmanship put into them. They're just out dated styling wise. They may be appealing to non enthusiasts, but that's it. Otherwise you'll get feedback like a lot of the people on here are giving.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

Feels like 2001 all over again.
What a pathetic showcase of cars....aside from the Cobra- which while not an original, stands out in this crowd.

edit- the Falcon is kinda cool- not pathetic.

agreed. i think most car people are not show car people and like to see machines that perform better than they look than the other way around. if you wanna see cool cars, i don't think the tuning salon is the place to see them.

i'm not taking away from what these people do to their cars because at the end of the day, you should build your car for yourself, not for others. but if it's on display in a tuning salon, it's 'cause you did just that.

also, what with windshield stickers?? half of those cars have massive stickers right in the windshield lol i wouldn't track any of them if an entire car could be hidden by an instagram vinyl

Thr silvia,cobra,falcon. But the prelude had a pretty big turbo, looks fast(engine wise), if it had a nice set of wheels and less rice,would be x10 better.

Отправлено с моего CLT-L04 через Tapatalk

Minus the speghetti noodles in the engine bay, I like the setup. Looks close to what I had. I just hope the engine is built... H22's can't hold much boost with those composite sleeves.

The equal length turbo manifold is also nice.

Aside from all that, it's terrible. The wheels probably weight 30lbs each ffs.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

Well in fine internet fashion- its seems that frustrated people have vented but not to me- through other channels that make it to me , as though I am not really accessible.
I have offended some people- when I say the scene is pathetic.

First a bit of background- as some of you know, as customers of mine at Perry Performance, you know that I recommend and sell only products I believe in and in most cases- have tested or use on one of my cars. Often, when a client inquires about a part or brand that isn't right for him- whether it's poor quality or lack of after sales support, I say it as I see it, People who know me , know that I do not sell whatever someone wants or say what they hope to hear. Black and white- no grey zone- it's always been like that with me and my shop.
When it comes to what Perry Performance does, its not a secret- we sell parts and apparel for people to go racing- we do not sell show and shine parts and fluff. There are times that we have clients that buy serious parts for show cars and that's OK, we embrace and serve all customers with respect. But that doesn't change how I feel about hard parked cars- I just don't get it. I will also tell it to your face when you ask about advice on modifying a car, even if it means I will lose a sale. Our integrity is more important than every last sale.

That being said, I do recognize the amount of money, time and expertise that has been spent on each of the cars above- hell I have been around the block and supplied parts back in the day when F&F was what fueled our shop. But my opinion remains, that if this is what the modified car scene now looks like present day- well we are 15 years behind everyone else and I hope that prospective new enthusiasts don't think its like this or has to be like this.
I never belittled the workmanship of any car in this thread- I just gave my point of view, as I will any other time the opportunity arises.

Now , we can all go back to watching the football games and not worry about who's feelings have been hurt.

Last edited:
Maintenant que hellaflush est fini, c'est quoi la tendance de l'heure? SUV de 500hp stock avec des vitres teintées et une drop de 1 pouce?

That was one of my favorite, insane
6446414ba70bac728eaae9f3d3bfad28.jpg

Отправлено с моего CLT-L04 через Tapatalk

La GTR est l'exemple parfait de quoi pas faire a une GTR. Comme l'autre clown avec la blanche avec une plaque 1XXXHP qui se fait passer par des auto de 600hp :) et en bonus a un nid de fourmis dans son drain de windshield.

Back