Coolant pump to replace, where to order?

To this day I'm still gratefull of greg services for the coolant pump replacement done 4 years ago at 80k km. Can't wait to have it replaced again soo !

All the 6 cyls N use the electric Pump. What I said was on my experience the failure rate is higher on turbo cars vs N/A. The B series BMW engines went back to a mechanical pump with an AUX water pump. I started to see electric pump failures starting in 2008/09 so as I mentioned it's not new. Engine after run isn't as "intense"on N/A models vs turbo

got you.

yeah , strange design , they use it for way too long before getting the mechanical back.

To this day I'm still gratefull of greg services for the coolant pump replacement done 4 years ago at 80k km. Can't wait to have it replaced again soo !

my e90 got 255k km, and for sure at least 1 pump replacement. BMW laval dont want to give me the maintenance historic unless I got see them too prove I'm the owner. At least its not that far. BMW west island give me what they could, but the previous owner only did an alignment at bmw WI. So not really useful.

got you.

yeah , strange design , they use it for way too long before getting the mechanical back.

my e90 got 255k km, and for sure at least 1 pump replacement. BMW laval dont want to give me the maintenance historic unless I got see them too prove I'm the owner. At least its not that far. BMW west island give me what they could, but the previous owner only did an alignment at bmw WI. So not really useful.
There wasn't really another option for N series 6cyl besides the electric pump. At the time it was pretty a pretty efficient way at reducing load on the engine and keep cooling after shutdown.

You laugh but the battery itself is one of the most import parts of the cooling system on the turbo cars.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Back