Fermez les frontières, un nouveau virus apparaît: La COVID-19

How could they get sued? For what? BC requires staff and clients to wear masks.

Employees are not police officers , why they did'nt simply call the police ? Is the threat merited their actions ?
In any case it is a very dirty customers relations.

Employees are not police officers , why they did'nt simply call the police ? Is the threat merited their actions ?
5-6-7-8 gars sur un dude pas de masque en train de le choké et de lui mettre des menottes.....

Je leur souhaite tous de pogner le covid + être poursuivis

Sent from my SM-A515W using Tapatalk

According to the story he started punching employees when they threatened to call police. Then (obviously) the video starts. If you ask me, he deserved what he got.

Because most employees feel they'll get fired if they don't enforce the rules. Bitch the guy out and call it a day. If you are worried calls the cops. Tackle a person to the ground who's not wearing a mask I'm sure isn't corporate protocol. Perhaps the franchise owner had his own set of rules

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Fair enough. If the police would have been called, the end result would have been exactly the same. In the store and on this board.

Les employés de Canadian Tire au BC ont des menottes?

http://youtu.be/mi7w0hqyuvE

This was all about not wanting to wear a mask btw.

Canadian Tire is about to get sued big time, this was literally assault.
Not going to happen. :p

It's the norm & the law to wear a mask inside public zone. The reason is simple. We ARE in a PANDEMIC situation worldwide.

Also every store have the right to not do business with anyone for whatever reason as long it is not discriminatory. So they have every right to not welcome anyone who's not following the rule of the store. They are not customer thus breach prohibited area for them due to the law. Yep, police force is allowed.

Prévoit aller passer 2-3 jours à Ottawa semaine prochaine question de ventiller un peu. Je risque pas de rien propager , criss chus en confinement depuis fucking 1 an.

Went last week for 3 days and it was awesome. Restaurants and museums + weather was great. Be warned everything is super booked. I already booked for March 20th since everything is full until then.

Luckily, this was "essential travel". For real I actually has to look at some land in Gatineau.

Ps: we look like such retards there. The cops on the Quebec side at night as of 8pm sit on the Quebec side of the bridges and wait for you to cross to check/ticket you.

The cuffs had me confused as well. For a moment I thought it was the cops but it's clearly CT employees

According to the story he started punching employees when they threatened to call police. Then (obviously) the video starts. If you ask me, he deserved what he got.

5-6-7-8 gars sur un dude pas de masque en train de le choké et de lui mettre des menottes.....

Je leur souhaite tous de pogner le covid + être poursuivis

Sent from my SM-A515W using Tapatalk

Are they allowed to cuff and choke out non compliant customers?

How could they get sued? For what? BC requires staff and clients to wear masks.

Les employés de Canadian Tire au BC ont des menottes?

http://youtu.be/mi7w0hqyuvE

This was all about not wanting to wear a mask btw.

Canadian Tire is about to get sued big time, this was literally assault.

494 (1) Any one may arrest without warrant

(a) a person whom he finds committing an indictable offence; or

(b) a person who, on reasonable grounds, he believes

(i) has committed a criminal offence, and

(ii) is escaping from and freshly pursued by persons who have lawful authority to arrest that person.

Marginal note:Arrest by owner, etc., of property

(2) The owner or a person in lawful possession of property, or a person authorized by the owner or by a person in lawful possession of property, may arrest a person without a warrant if they find them committing a criminal offence on or in relation to that property and

(a) they make the arrest at that time; or

(b) they make the arrest within a reasonable time after the offence is committed and they believe on reasonable grounds that it is not feasible in the circumstances for a peace officer to make the arrest.

Marginal note: Delivery to peace officer

(3) Any one other than a peace officer who arrests a person without warrant shall forthwith deliver the person to a peace officer.

Marginal note:For greater certainty

(4) For greater certainty, a person who is authorized to make an arrest under this section is a person who is authorized by law to do so for the purposes of section 25.

In BC:

You need BST+AST (for handcuffs)

I used to do this job when I lived in BC, I would handcuff read rights take notes and make fucking sure rcmp was called if not it is illegal to cuff.

This is 100% two loss prevention "security officers" dressed different as staff, theyre wearing beige pants and blue shirt. CT is like jeans and black polo with red..

my coworker used to do this same job as in the video at the groceries and you cuff 100% of people you catch stealing if they have stolen property on them and aren't nice about it. usually theives are not nice and will say they didnt steal..

There's definitely more to this video, also no, canadian tire is not going to get sued for this as this person who cuffed will probably write a concrete report and rcmp is going to sign off the report. been there done that.

here I'll show my ID:

EDIT:

these guys were pretty dang professional too considering the guy they're arresting was fighting back. It's not as easy as it seems lol..

Double edit:
Here's the mask law for you naysayers: https://www.bclaws.gov.bc.ca/civix/document/id/mo/mo/m0012_2021

Mask enforcement
You could be subject to a $230 fine if you:

Do not wear a mask in an indoor public setting, unless you are exempt
Refuse to comply with the direction of an enforcement officer, including the direction to leave the space
Engage in abusive or belligerent behaviour

Sooo it is an indictable offence and nobody is going to get sued, not only this guy getting the cuffs going to get a 230$ ticket, the security staff will be asked if they want to "porter plainte" against the guy for assault, and if they're conservative straightcock security boys they're 100% going to "press charges". And if the rcmp is feeling like they're in a bad mood this guy is in for a treat, if not well too bad his face is on a youtube video acting like a retard and he's probably hurt himself in this whole process...

494 (1) Any one may arrest without warrant

(a) a person whom he finds committing an indictable offence; or

(b) a person who, on reasonable grounds, he believes

(i) has committed a criminal offence, and

(ii) is escaping from and freshly pursued by persons who have lawful authority to arrest that person.

Marginal note:Arrest by owner, etc., of property

(2) The owner or a person in lawful possession of property, or a person authorized by the owner or by a person in lawful possession of property, may arrest a person without a warrant if they find them committing a criminal offence on or in relation to that property and

(a) they make the arrest at that time; or

(b) they make the arrest within a reasonable time after the offence is committed and they believe on reasonable grounds that it is not feasible in the circumstances for a peace officer to make the arrest.

Marginal note: Delivery to peace officer

(3) Any one other than a peace officer who arrests a person without warrant shall forthwith deliver the person to a peace officer.

Marginal note:For greater certainty

(4) For greater certainty, a person who is authorized to make an arrest under this section is a person who is authorized by law to do so for the purposes of section 25.

In BC:

I used to do this job when I lived in BC, I would handcuff read rights take notes and make fucking sure rcmp was called if not it is illegal to cuff.

This is 100% two loss prevention "security officers" dressed different as staff, theyre wearing beige pants and blue shirt. CT is like jeans and black polo with red..

my coworker used to do this same job as in the video at the groceries and you cuff 100% of people you catch stealing if they have stolen property on them and aren't nice about it. usually theives are not nice and will say they didnt steal..

There's definitely more to this video, also no, canadian tire is not going to get sued for this as this person who cuffed will probably write a concrete report and rcmp is going to sign off the report. been there done that.

here I'll show my ID:
[url]https://i.ibb.co/xCBHJcv/IMG-7438.jpg[/url]

EDIT:

these guys were pretty dang professional too considering the guy they're arresting was fighting back. It's not as easy as it seems lol..
So informative from you !

In BC:

here I'll show my ID:
[url]https://i.ibb.co/xCBHJcv/IMG-7438.jpg[/url]

EDIT:

were you a Lost Prevention Officer?
the LPO at the CT I part-time at looks like scums themselves lol

were you a Lost Prevention Officer?
the LPO at the CT I part-time at looks like scums themselves lol

fuck no i wasn't an lpo haha, I worked security in two bars, one of them being the ubc student pub, while I was a student there. Pretty sick gig lol.

But I did work with LPO's and did security work outside of bars. The one place I worked at for 3 years was rowdy as fuck. I cuffed people many times, got my face smashed, smashed some faces yadayada, I don't miss this, it made me agressive as fuck...

My coworker was an LPO and we spoke lots about it, and they also go over the LPO job when you take the AST, as most people who need AST is to work as an LPO, I was one of the rare bouncers who was allowed to carry cuffs and it also had lots to do with the bar i worked at. There's nice involvement with rcmp and bars in BC, the serval system, etc. This one time I had to arrest someone for the rcmp girl as she was "first night shift of her career" and was too small in size to physically and safely arrest the guy, I'm not a small guy for reference ahah

Je continue mon plan de depart qui est d arriver en avion au Vermont, prendre cab/uber jusqu'a la frontiere, passer la frontiere et me faire ramasser par quelqu'un apres. Bien sur, je vais avoir fait un test dans les 72h avant sans probleme. Je suis testé au 3 jours ici. Ensuite, je peux prendre le test rapide (car nous en avons ici a la job) sinon aller faire un test a montreal pour 260$ le matin et avoir le resultat a 5h le soir.

Tu peux aussi louer un char one way et le dropper à Dorval.

Je sais pas si le test rapide est accepté comme test après 10 jours?

Tu penses revenir quand?

Back