Fermez les frontières, un nouveau virus apparaît: La COVID-19

For sure mister the carpet is studying all the options around the table dancing the farandole .

Le Canada se sent a l'abri vu la distance mais ce n'est qu'une illusion ...des milliards de virus attendent de sauter
sur le prochain passager en direction de Yul . Je crois que le gvt provincial est plus proche du ready-go que le fédéral.
I keep reading that Canada is not really prepared for an outbreak of this virus. I hope there's some emergency meetings happening in Ottawa...

Dans se topic , je me demande pour qui voter pour le plus ''connaisseur'' entre ? :

- Silverviper
- Grim
- VR6
- XoX1de
- Juslav
- m_falafel

Le choix est difficile entre tout ces super experts en la matière ...

Je connais fuckall à propos des Virus, je parle juste de stats de base :)

Were just looking at different numbers, the hopkins map shows 62 cases, 2 death, 0 recovered.

I’m ok with 50% based on your numbers, like your video says «*it all comes down to understanding the causality involded to understand the situation at end*», understand the context in which the statement is being said. In this case having 50% of the closed cased resulting in death is true, while being irrelevant considering it represent like 3% of the results to come.

My point is we should only look at closed case in order to draw death rate conclusions. Obviously the less closed case the less relevant it is, but it’s still what you want a look at to get a true representation of the current situation.

The most simple example I can give is the following : Let’s say we were at 78k confirmed cases just like now, but with 780 closed cases to make it simple (1%). Now let’s say all 780 closed cases were death, not a single recovered. The way the stats are shown to us right now, you would hear from the medias «*No worries, it’s just a 1% death rate so far*», can you understand how this is total bullshit? Basing the stats on a population that is 99% incomplete is speculation, my example is the EXACT same thing shown to us right now except the the death rate whithin closed cases is 11% so far so it isn’t as obvious that the claimed 2% is bullshit...

Switch the closed case death rate to 100% right now, and every single person on earth would panic and agree with me that basing the death rate exclusively on closed cases is the way to go, even if it would still represent 2% of confirmed cases.

But where you're not seeing your error is your assumption that the remaining 99% are going to die like the 1%. Maybe the weak die quick and the healthy have long drawn out recoveries. IDK, But the media is painting the best case scenario and you're painting the worst case scenario, neither is right, just speculation at this time. However the media has a better chance at being closer to the real final numbers because of the population size remaining.

Take a step back and let's move to a car analogy. If you fill up your tank with gas, reset the trip odometer and then rip it out of the gas station, I know I've personally got a reading of 50L/100km in the first 100m. To say that's an accurate representation of fuel mileage for the whole tank, more than the manufacturer's quoted fuel consumption rate is a stretch. The reality is, over the whole tank it will likely end up being a bit more but definitely closer to the manufacturer's numbers. That's how I see COVID-19 at this early point.

Back to the virus, the best position to take right now is to be intelligently concerned and ready. Not dismissive nor panicked. Ask yourself, would you want to be going to the grocery store to pick up groceries if the # of cases in Montreal goes over 100, 1000....10,000? At what time does panic set in and you no longer have the option of going to the local store for your weekly grocery run because the shelves are stripped bare from panic. Just like somebody can win the lottery, yes an 80+% death rate is possible but even if it's 4-8% who cares about arguing and speculating the death rate if you're not prepared to deal with it if it comes our way.

For sure mister the carpet is studying all the options around the table dancing the farandole .

Le Canada se sent a l'abri vu la distance mais ce n'est qu'une illusion ...des milliards de virus attendent de sauter
sur le prochain passager en direction de Yul . Je crois que le gvt provincial est plus proche du ready-go que le fédéral.

First case in Canada with no connection to China.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/coronavirus-covid-19-iran-bc-south-korea-1.5472316

I'd be willing to take a bet most people in this thread (unless they're mormon or Grim) couldn't survive for 3 weeks at their normal daily consumption rate if a Chinese style lock down started this moment. I always say it's best to be ready because the government is not only incompetent but they don't care about you and your family. Anybody who's reading this, what are you doing to insure that if things get bad, you're not just another helpless person praying for the government to come save them?

I am not painting the worst case scenario, I am painting the current scenario as it is without speculating on a single thing, ain’t no error here!

Saying the death rate is 2% so far is ignoring the current state and pretending that the 90% gets recovered. This is speculating.

Where did I assume that all 90% were going to die? I am strictly looking at the current, actual, factual numbers. No matter what happens to the 90% left, the current cases that have an outcome have 11% death ratio that’s it that’s all, I am not assuming or speculating on anything, this is the exact situation at this very point in time.

Now it’s up to you to read this information and interpret it the way you want it, 11% or even 50% as discussed with Italy might be completely irrelevant considering the context and that’s totally fine I didn’t say otherwise, but at least it’s not speculating it’s a fact.

Like I said I rather have some facts and decide myself of their relevance based on a particular context, than having some speculations. But you are right when saying the 2% will most likely be closer to the final number!

Bhahaha il n’y a pas de fail la dedans, il y a 10% de death rate dans les closed case jusqu’ici point final.

Sur les 25513 résultats qu’on a jusqu’ici, 2462 ont fini dans un body bag, c’est 10%! Pas de spéculation sur le 90% restant, pas de supposition, juste un cold hard fact en date d’aujourd’hui tout simplement.

Explique moi ce qui est faux la dedans ;)

Last edited:
Me looking for MrSpace

7VE.gif

If you fill up your tank with gas, reset the trip odometer and then rip it out of the gas station, I know I've personally got a reading of 50L/100km in the first 100m. To say that's an accurate representation of fuel mileage for the whole tank, more than the manufacturer's quoted fuel consumption rate is a stretch.

That’s where you are mistaken, no where did I say the 11% death rate was for the whole 78k infected, I said so far, among the closed cases, which is the equivalent of saying so far, for the 0.5km you just did while flooring it, you are doing an average of 50L which is absolutely a fact. I am in no way pretending you’l be at 50L for the whole tank, just stating the only fact I can base myself on as we speak.

Then you can take that fact and tell yourself it’s irrelevant knowing you floored it while you usually drive normally, that’s fine but you can’t pretend im lying or my math aren’t good lol, Im just showing the facts based on what I know so far.

Last edited:
MrSpace te répondra plus. C'est gros comme gros Jean.

Par contre, si tu veux vraiment l’interpeller, il va falloir que tu fesses fort.

Oui je m’en doute bien, pas mal plus simple de ne pas répondre quand tu ne sait pas quoi répondre :)

Oui je m’en doute bien, pas mal plus simple de ne pas répondre quand tu ne sait pas quoi répondre :)

Ce n'est pas avec cette réplique que tu le feras sortir de sa tanière. On sait le bien tous les deux.

Si tu veux qu'il réponde, il va falloir que tu fesses avec un grand coup!

Lol check le troll qui essaie de mettre la marde, il n’y a aucun gros coup à donner on se parle dans le respect depuis le début s’il veut pas répondre c’est de ses affaires tu peux passer à autre chose, essaie avec Rejjy tu vas avoir plus de succès

Lol check le troll qui essaie de mettre la marde, il n’y a aucun gros coup à donner on se parle dans le respect depuis le début s’il veut pas répondre c’est de ses affaires tu peux passer à autre chose, essaie avec Rejjy tu vas avoir plus de succès

T'es juste un peu + intelligent que je pensais. Mais, un jour, tu faibliras vers le côté obscure. :)

Rejjy? Il s'est couché de bonne heure hier. Mais il va revenir.

Idgaf about vote I’m just sharing the info I have.

Now Italy and South Korea are fucked. Max alert and city quarantine

China is backing to work. Worst idea ever.

The international number is going up right now this is IMO the worse.

Back