Déjà fait prendre au douanes avec plus d'alcool que prévus.

J'avais ramener 2 bouteilles de rhum de plus que le maximum de cuba, je l'ai déclaré. La première a qui ont parle ma fait la morale et ensuite j'ai été dirigé vers la fouille de valise. La fille a Belle et bien constaté les bouteilles. Elle m'a dit que vu mon honnêteté je ne paierait pas les taxes et je suis reparti!

Pourquoi elle te ferait la morale pour avoir déclaré?? Voyons donc lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ça ressemblait a: monsieur, vous savez la limite permise, pourquoi en avoir ramener plus? Sur un ton plutôt accusateur...

Asteur avec les trucs électroniques vous indiqué juste que vous dépassé et rendu devant le gars vous répété?

Je dépasse jamais mais je me demande juste sa fait tu quelque chose ou tu peut continuer sans problème sur l'écran?

Si tu as deux bouteilles a 100$ et une a 10$

Tu payes juste sur celle de 10$ ou sur les 210$???

Edit Google dit qu'on paye les bouteilles les moins chères

That's a training thing and to be honest I see it more as a way out for the officer than trying to lecture you. Educating the travelling public is well seen and is encouraged when we are trained. Sometimes, to cover your ass especially if you are not the only person around, or if the traveller looks totally lost you can "educate them". Basically you remind them of their exemptions and what they can bring back tax free instead of charging them taxes so that they know for next time. Then if I'm questioned I can justify not charging the tax. Works well when my boss is nearby.

Keep in mind everything we do is recorded, we have evaluations several times a year and we work with backstabbers who move up by trying to fuck you over so we also have to watch what we do if we want to keep our jobs.

Not everyone has a great delivery, lots of factors at play when they have attitude. Unless you are being a douche or playing dumb I doubt there was any ill intent towards you. These guys deal with a lot of crap and your extra bottle is usually the least of their concerns.

Sent from my BBE100-2 using Tapatalk

Si tu as deux bouteilles a 100$ et une a 10$

Tu payes juste sur celle de 10$ ou sur les 210$???

Edit Google dit qu'on paye les bouteilles les moins chères
I will almost always* give you the more expensive item and charge as little tax as possible. So I would tax you on the $10 bottle not the 2 at $210 that I will give you in your exemption. I've only seen it done the other way in special cases, like when they are not declared.

Keep in mind that amount counts towards your total exemption and people always forget that.

I will almost always* give you the more expensive item and charge as little tax as possible. So I would tax you on the $10 bottle not the 2 at $210 that I will give you in your exemption. I've only seen it done the other way in special cases, like when they are not declared.

Keep in mind that amount counts towards your total exemption and people always forget that.

You work at land border or airport?

Land

Apparently, "land" in Ontario and Quebec is a world appart. Crossing land border in Quebec is a fkin' pain compared to Ontario and I never understood why as I'm sure it's the same training/procedures + the technicalities of each province.

But again, for Alcool, LCBO is much, much more liberal than SAQ so it may play a role in how it's handled Quebec vs Ontario borders.

Back