Why do so many bad drivers have luxury cars?

I thought Ram owners and Dodge Challengers win the bad driver award?

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Je trouve qu'il y a certains stereotypes qui perdurent mais la majorité des gens sont a chier sur la route. Tot ou tard, on fini tous par etre le cave d'un autre a un certain moment, mais msemble que c'est rare en maudit que je suis dans le tort, ou dans les jambes. Tres rare meme. Cest comme respirer conduire pourtant.

The Finish study explains it all in the artilce...

bmw_blockage.jpg

Yeah, the study being european likely had a significant effect on it's conclusion.

The Mopar products would likely come at the top of list here in North America. Grand Cherokees, SRT products, Ram trucks, Chargers, etc.
The A4 and 3 series wouldn't be far behind tho.

The article requires a subscription.

https://www.niagarafallsreview.ca/n...ury-cars-a-new-study-blames-disagreeable-men/

I was able to read the Star's article on my cellphone through a google news link.

Maybe try this one instead?

Thanks!

It also depends on the type of driving infractions. RAM owners are the worst tailgaters and can't park for shit but when you see a car weaving through traffic like crazy, more often than not it's a German luxury car.

No, Audi, BM and MB drivers definitely win. I work on the road, I dont know what it is with german car drivers, its like 1/2 are fkn retarded and ask for trouble.

From personal experience, I think the car changes me. My daily driver is so boring it perfectly blends in and goes unnoticed but then a few years ago I rented a BMW in Atlanta. I found myself driving faster and more aggressively because, well the car let me. I never could drive like that with a regular sedan.

Second reason - flame suit fully on. lots of Chinese buy nice European cars :D

Water is wet, fire is hot, and an above average amount of luxury brand drivers are assholes. I didn't think you needed a study to prove any of those statements.

Unfortunately for BMW/Audi/Mercedes and lets add Land Rover and specifically the Porsche Cayenne/Macan, entitled pricks are drawn to those vehicles to flex. If you gave those people the very same vehicle but slapped with Kia or Hyundai badges, they wouldn't drive it.

They seek out those vehicles like a fly to shit but it's their sense entitlement that causes them to be perceived as assholes. Examples include:

- Thinking that the roadway is theirs and that other people need to move out of their way. Result: No turn signals used
- Thinking their time is more precious. Result: Cutting over a solid line ahead of a long line of traffic.
- Not thinking of how it will impact others. Result: Parking/stopping in places they shouldn't be

Now don't get me wrong, there are other brands that display other forms of entitlement that also need to be dealt with (Toyota drivers doing 99kph in the left lane comes to mind), but it's the things that the luxury brand drivers do that come off as the most asshole-ish which is why we focus/criticize it the most.

Agressive asshole white bmw driver here.

If you sleep in the left lane I will flash you and then proceed by passing you by the right line (and finish by cutting you off back in the left lane to wake you up)

If you are drivint below 50knfor no reason on a one street road with a full line I will still pass you (note that I will behave as if it was a dotted line, which means no suicidal moves).

If you take more than 1 sec to get back moving at an intersection I will not wait.

Water is wet, fire is hot, and an above average amount of luxury brand drivers are assholes. I didn't think you needed a study to prove any of those statements.

Unfortunately for BMW/Audi/Mercedes and lets add Land Rover and specifically the Porsche Cayenne/Macan, entitled pricks are drawn to those vehicles to flex. If you gave those people the very same vehicle but slapped with Kia or Hyundai badges, they wouldn't drive it.

They seek out those vehicles like a fly to shit but it's their sense entitlement that causes them to be perceived as assholes. Examples include:

- Thinking that the roadway is theirs and that other people need to move out of their way. Result: No turn signals used
- Thinking their time is more precious. Result: Cutting over a solid line ahead of a long line of traffic.
- Not thinking of how it will impact others. Result: Parking/stopping in places they shouldn't be

Now don't get me wrong, there are other brands that display other forms of entitlement that also need to be dealt with (Toyota drivers doing 99kph in the left lane comes to mind), but it's the things that the luxury brand drivers do that come off as the most asshole-ish which is why we focus/criticize it the most.

Bro, flexing on the road with that shiny devaluating luxury POS on a lease is very important when you have to carve your way through traffic to your very important 9-5 office job. Of course their time is money, who's gonna pay them debt consolidations?

From personal experience, I think the car changes me. My daily driver is so boring it perfectly blends in and goes unnoticed but then a few years ago I rented a BMW in Atlanta. I found myself driving faster and more aggressively because, well the car let me. I never could drive like that with a regular sedan.

Second reason - flame suit fully on. lots of Chinese buy nice European cars :D

Agreed on the type of car being a factor. Some cars reward you for pushing them. Sometimes you just want to hear the exhaust note. In my case, I drive a corolla so even when I want to drive like an asshole I can't just because of how slow it is

I think the title is backwards. It should read "why do so many luxury vehicle owners drive terribly" instead of the other way around. Because the reality is that the MAJORITY of bad drivers on the road don't drive luxury vehicles, and aren't men. Call the observation sexist or racist, I don't care, but in my experience, the worst drivers on the road are: Asian immigrants (middle-east, indian & oriental alike), Haitians and women in general (regardless of nationality).

This isn't to say there aren't any bad "sis-gendered white male patriarchy" male drivers, but as a general observation, I find those 3 aforementioned groups tend to be the worst. And yes, we've all at one point or another have done something "wrong" where we're the asshole for someone else, but like theoutsider said, I generally don't tend to be "the bad driver" very often compared to those around me.

Agreed on the type of car being a factor. Some cars reward you for pushing them. Sometimes you just want to hear the exhaust note. In my case, I drive a corolla so even when I want to drive like an asshole I can't just because of how slow it is
You're a pussy. I've had many "reckless" driving warnings at my old job and we had yaris and mirage. Around town it has nothing to do with the car you're driving.

I even got warnings driving a 110hp transit connect

but when you see a car weaving through traffic like crazy, more often than not it's a German luxury car.

The Mopar products would likely come at the top of list here in North America. Grand Cherokees, SRT products, Ram trucks, Chargers, etc.
The A4 and 3 series wouldn't be far behind tho.

Aille aille, vous avez oublié les conducteurs de Mustang , quoique ils sont pas si mauvais , il sont tres précis dans leur conduite ..... Pour frapper direct le seul piéton sur le trottoir !

Last edited:

You can be an asshole in any car, has nothing to do with speed and how fast your car is.

Back