lolz Ford West Island/Ford Canada

That sucks, hope you get this sorted out at a different dealer.
Buying an ST already means the customer is an enthusiast, treating them like crap is like biting the feeding hand, so stupid.
I have had OK service on St-Jacques for company truck though

That sucks, hope you get this sorted out at a different dealer.
Buying an ST already means the customer is an enthusiast, treating them like crap is like biting the feeding hand, so stupid.
I have had OK service on St-Jacques for company truck though

even worst, it's a RS. Even more enthusiast focused and expensive!

Je pense que le dealer a une grosse part de responsabilité dans le claim...

Mon pere a fait réparer le gasket de tete de son Vibe chez Thibault GM gratuitement meme si le char était plus garantie.

La raison? GM avait changé le radiateur sous garantie 15 000km avant et le dealer a dit a GM Canada que le fail du head gasket était en lien avec le fail du radiateur sous garantie.

Bref ton histoire j'irais en discuté avec ton dealer.

Quand on dit que le choix du dealer est important... J'aurais surment des meilleurs prix chez Paillé pour mes truck mais jamais je vais avoir le meme service que chez thibault...

Ça l'es tu vraiment? Toujours penser que cette garantie là c'est "tout ce qui baigne dans l'huile", fack au final pas grand chose a partir les internals de l'engine ou tranny.

Sur mon Speed3 Mazda Laval avait changer une boot de cardan en garantie et il avait 3ans 1/2 et 75k km.

Le char avait 2ans et ils on même changer ma transmission que c'était clair que c'était moi qui l'avait bruler lol

Chez Ford avec mon RS j'avais l'impression que j’apportais un véhicule de flotte et quand je venais le chercher il était parker tout croche proche des autres char dans leur cour, il y a même une fois qu'ils on du déplacer un char de police qui était coller sur le miens et il y a l'histoire du Caliper aussi ...

Anyway, finit les Ford pour moi aussi

Sur mon Speed3 Mazda Laval avait changer une boot de cardan en garantie et il avait 3ans 1/2 et 75k km.

Le char avait 2ans et ils on même changer ma transmission que c'était clair que c'était moi qui l'avait bruler lol

Chez Ford avec mon RS j'avais l'impression que j’apportais un véhicule de flotte et quand je venais le chercher il était parker tout croche proche des autres char dans leur cour, il y a même une fois qu'ils on du déplacer un char de police qui était coller sur le miens et il y a l'histoire du Caliper aussi ...

Anyway, finit les Ford pour moi aussi

T'oublie de dire que tu connaissait le gars au service lol.

Spark plugs are covered under warranty?

I'm surprised. Unless you leave the dealership and the very next day you get misfires generally they're treated as consumables.

If a car is turbo (not sure about the Focus RS) they usually recommend 89 or sometimes 91. Using a lesser grade will cover your spark plugs with carbon deposits waaaaay before the warranty runs out on anything.

But yeah, if they told you it would be covered and later call you to tell you they'll bill you 9$ for a spark plug (why would they only change one? WTF?) that's really fucked up man.

I thought for sure these were considered a wear item. Like a coil could be covered, but not the plug unless the car is brand new.

It's like a $10 part.

I think Ford failed to rise to the occasion but they haven't done you dirty like some horror stories we read on the internet.
Not a pleasant experience I'm sure but you'll be rolling the dice on your next car too:
-that you get a good dealer.
-don't have any mechanical issues.
-the manufacturer steps up.

Buy all 4 from rock auto for $30 and get a free fridge magnet.
Crack a cold one, install them and get the satisfaction of having it done right.

Les pieces d'usure c'est normal de pas les garantirs mais si ton char passe des plugs c'est que tu as un autre probleme ailleur....

Les pads de brake c'est une piece d'usure mais si tu passe un set au 100 pieds y'a un autre probleme ailleur.

En plus sa criss de plug a meme pas regler le probleme.

even worst, it's a RS. Even more enthusiast focused and expensive!

True,

Then again, that view may come across as judgmental, a respectable dealer should treat anybody with a base fiesta and a fully loaded F250 Platinum the same.
BMW laval, while worse than before, is hard to beat.

True,

Then again, that view may come across as judgmental, a respectable dealer should treat anybody with a base fiesta and a fully loaded F250 Platinum the same.
BMW laval, while worse than before, is hard to beat.

On the bright side, most platinum F250s don't even need spark plugs!

I think Ford could've done better on this case, but I understand how they'd be a little bit stingy on the RS for claims.

So many people run aftermarket tunes, beat the shit out of the car and run back to the dealer and act surprised when something goes wrong.

I think this story speaks to a "change of times" 60k as a wear item on such a high-performance engine would have been considered as "coming with the territory" back in the days.My Hemi called for a change of spark plugs (all 16 of them) at 45 000km and it was a knuckle busting mess. Fast forward to the present and it's now a big deal. It's sort of interesting, really.

I think OP should buy a set of plugs, an OBD2 dongle and get the forscan software.

oh lord I thought I was the only one HORRENDOUS customer service I lost my shit a few times on a few of them. I am a mechanic my self but not practicing but I know my shit one of the guys tried to convince me on some stupidity I owned him and since then he always avoids me of if they see me calling they ignore I went mental on a guy for a part backorder I made him admit he was wrong and apologize lazy ass fuckers there

Back