Rent Strike/Grève de Loyer - Montreal

A date nous personne nous as parlé de pas payer

Mais on a deux logements qui seront a louer. On regarde peut être de faire visiter virtuel si ça dure trop longtemps.

A date nous personne nous as parlé de pas payer

Mais on a deux logements qui seront a louer. On regarde peut être de faire visiter virtuel si ça dure trop longtemps.

Moi non plus , mais j'envisage les pires scénarios tout le temps , alors je me prépare

LOL. My landlord contacted me.

Backstory: They insisted on checks after I originally asked if I could e-transfer the rent each month. Few years go by, no problems until now. Long story short, they won't be able to deposit April's rent because of the current situation so they reached out to me to e-transfer it. I had half a mind to tell them, you're problem not mine, the check's good on April 1st but my sounder half prevailed.

It's practically the opposite of what -Mike- exposed. I still don't understand how those types of people exist.

Backstory: They insisted on checks after I originally asked if I could e-transfer the rent each month. Few years go by, no problems until now. Long story short, they won't be able to deposit April's rent because of the current situation so they reached out to me to e-transfer it. I had half a mind to tell them, you're problem not mine, the check's good on April 1st but my sounder half prevailed.

It's practically the opposite of what -Mike- exposed. I still don't understand how those types of people exist.

Put yourself in their shoes for a minute.... Let's say you have 15 people to collect from, and you have 13 post-dated checks in hand. Then you only have 2 people to run after.
Now imagine they rely on e-transfers and the first of the month arrives..... how many people you think they will need to run after now? I wouldn't want to manage that either.

Am I the only one that finds it sad that 98% of people don't have a single penny put away....makes no sense!

I just hope that this whole situation will be a wake up call to most people!

Put yourself in their shoes for a minute.... Let's say you have 15 people to collect from, and you have 13 post-dated checks in hand. Then you only have 2 people to run after.
Now imagine they rely on e-transfers and the first of the month arrives..... how many people you think they will need to run after now? I wouldn't want to manage that either.

Based on your example, even with 3 units, the checks would start to make sense.
Except in my case, the owner of the condo only has this place and they have a management company which handles it because they moved out of country.

My tenant gave me 12 post-dated cheques. So do i reach out to her and see if its ok to deposit april 1st rent? Or do i let her contact me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My tenant gave me 12 post-dated cheques. So do i reach out to her and see if its ok to deposit april 1st rent? Or do i let her contact me?

I believe the correct thing to do is reach out.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

If you still have that cheque number I would cancel it

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Je peut comprendre que certain peu avoir de la misère a payé le 1e mai si ça devient long mais le 1e avril? C'est la semaine prochaine... Il me.semble que tes déjà suposser avoir l'argent non?

J'ai pas un fond d'urgence extraordinaire mais ya quand même une limite.

Envoyé de mon CLT-L04 en utilisant Tapatalk

Je peut comprendre que certain peu avoir de la misère a payé le 1e mai si ça devient long mais le 1e avril? C'est la semaine prochaine... Il me.semble que tes déjà suposser avoir l'argent non?

True that.

I would say yes. Tenants are like clients, if she's a good client, do what you can to keep her...

Ils peuvent payer mais ne veulent pas avoir rien pour l'épicerie rendus en mai

You cash in

We manage 21 doors and will not start calling. Of they have issues they must reach out to us

Most of ours are post dated checks, only a few use interac

Ils peuvent payer mais ne veulent pas avoir rien pour l'épicerie rendus en mai

qu'il prenne leur carte de crédit , arrangement avec Hydro-Quebec , arrangement avec leur créancier automobile pour report de paiement, réduise leur assurance automobile car il ne travaille plus , baisse leur forfait cellulaire , utilise leur carte de crédit pour faire leur achat de nourriture

pleins d'idées !

I believe the correct thing to do is reach out.

It pretty much always is... this post reminded me that my landlord is a sweet 70 year old lady living right below us. I texted her the following.

Bien le bonjours à vous. 2 petites choses positives.

Je vais être capable de vous verser le loyer pour le mois de Avril comme à l'habitude.

Lorsque vous sentirez le besoin de limiter vos déplacements à l'extérieur au maximum, si vous avez besoin de quelque chose, je ne suis pas loin et je me suis déjà assigné pour faire des course nécessaires pour d'autres personnes de mon entourage. Pour l'instant, je suis disponible du vendredi au dimanche.

Cordiallement

You cash in

We manage 21 doors and will not start calling. Of they have issues they must reach out to us

Most of ours are post dated checks, only a few use interac

Ya une différence au niveau relationnel entre un proprio de duplex et un actionnaire de 21 portes...

I would say yes. Tenants are like clients, if she's a good client, do what you can to keep her...

She ended up messaging me about something else, so i asked if i could deposit the check and she said yes. She also said that if we cant meet up (her lease is continuing on a monthly basis as of May) that she would just e-transfer me the money, so i guess one less thing to worry about.

Back