Anyone know Unitech Electronics near Toronto?

Matt01

Hey Guys

Does anyone know this place Unitech Electronics? I'm trying to decide if this company is legit or not, they claim to be able to rebuild/repair computer modules on just about any type of car, the quote they sent me is very reasonable.

I sent them my ECU from my V70 for repair, and they didnt answer for a while, finally I called them and spoke to an Arab guy. He will only accept eTransfer. This tells me its a scam.
I paypalled him for fun, I payed the shipping and the fees, but he refunded it. Im not really willing to etransfer him, and he won't accept Mastercard. I have no other options. Even broken I'd like to get that part back.

Any opinion welcome. Anyone from Vaughn area willing to drop in here see if this company is actually an electronics repair company?

http://www.unitechelectronics.ca/

Thanks

I've never heard of them we deal with https://xemodex.ca/ and they are good. Especially with Volvo stuff . Fast turn around as well

First red flag for me is that website... Jesus

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

I was going to send to xemodex untill i found these other guys. Price was alot better.
I guess Ill write the BBB and see what can be done

I was going to send to xemodex untill i found these other guys. Price was alot better.
I guess Ill write the BBB and see what can be done

Ah yea the classic lets try to save some cash vs using the proven source... Didn't the website send up enough redflags? Or the massive price difference? Like why are these guys considerably cheaper...

Ah yea the classic lets try to save some cash vs using the proven source... Didn't the website send up enough redflags? Or the massive price difference? Like why are these guys considerably cheaper...

What threw me off was when I clicked on Volvo all the options are accurate, all the rebuildable items are listed and the years are correct. What I didnt think about is that they probably ripped off all that info from xemodex.

Also they have an address listed openly. Also Im a sucker for helping small businesses.

I wrote into Canadian Fraud Centre and I hope they can check into this for me.

What threw me off was when I clicked on Volvo all the options are accurate, all the rebuildable items are listed and the years are correct. What I didnt think about is that they probably ripped off all that info from xemodex.

Also they have an address listed openly. Also Im a sucker for helping small businesses.

I wrote into Canadian Fraud Centre and I hope they can check into this for me.

I didn't mean to be overly harsh with you. its just how I am from being in this business. Xemodex is a smallish business but for Volvo stuff they are stellar, we have got some throttle bodies, CEM etc. Very fast turn around time

I didn't mean to be overly harsh with you. its just how I am from being in this business. Xemodex is a smallish business but for Volvo stuff they are stellar, we have got some throttle bodies, CEM etc. Very fast turn around time

I have no doubt, but Im essentially trying to save a V70R from the junkyard not fix up a daily driver or a customers car, budget is a concern, and I know there are people in Europe that fix CEMs way cheaper than Xemodex

I know they replace everything, waterproof it, add heat shrinks and test everything I know, but I need this fixed so I can find out if this car even runs.

It's a question of how long do you want to wait .. especially with everything shut down now. A pricer but proven reliable source vs the madness you are having with the ECU "repair" now. Whenever budget is a concern especially on an older car that isnt worth much to start with you always have problems

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Unitech

Hey Guys

Does anyone know this place Unitech Electronics? I'm trying to decide if this company is legit or not, they claim to be able to rebuild/repair computer modules on just about any type of car, the quote they sent me is very reasonable.

I sent them my ECU from my V70 for repair, and they didnt answer for a while, finally I called them and spoke to an Arab guy. He will only accept eTransfer. This tells me its a scam.
I paypalled him for fun, I payed the shipping and the fees, but he refunded it. Im not really willing to etransfer him, and he won't accept Mastercard. I have no other options. Even broken I'd like to get that part back.

Any opinion welcome. Anyone from Vaughn area willing to drop in here see if this company is actually an electronics repair company?

http://www.unitechelectronics.ca/

Thanks

Unitech is 100% scam.....I hired a P.I. to investigate because I'm not local....Their conclusion is Unitech does not exist. This unitech guy kept my money and my TCM. Police opened a file, as they agree it is fraud not a civil matter.

Back