Educate yourself on real money

250Rocket

People go about their daily lives and don't think much about money past if they'll have enough of it. What they don't realize is that we're currently in a big game of economic trust and what we really have is fake monopoly "money" (fiat currency). A lot of people are panicking around the world about COVID-19 and the governments are throwing stupid amounts of currency to keep things rolling.

You probably won't catch COVID but your more likely (not guaranteed) to be fucked 6 ways from Sunday if the economic system starts to go. I'm not talking about the stock markets, I'm talking the fundamental basis, the dollars themselves.

It's one of the most eye opening series I have probably watched. I suggest you take the time to educate yourself and remove the wool over your eyes.

I want to watch this, but that guy shouldn't have put himself as the thumbnail.

I hope you can't get over his average looking mug and watch it

Episode 1-3 are a bit dry because they have to set up the terms and history. From Episode 4 it picks up and relates to our current predicament but don't skip because you won't get the full picture. It goes past episode 7 but those are optional.

So I need to buy gold.

You don't have to do anything. I have zero interest in what you or anybody here actually does with this information. I'm not a precious metals dealer, nor do I get commission, so I'm sharing this purely because the information resonates with me and I think it would be helpful for others to think about it. You do what you feel is right.

However, if you did want to, good luck getting any. Paper prices dropped and physical went out of stock. My opinion though, ETFs and any paper gold will be just as worthless because there's multiples of Gold IOUs out there than actual physical supply. Because most of the economy right now is faith based, when faith is lost, so are most of the prices.

This charade could technically still go on for decades, nobody know for sure, I definitely don't. But, with people out of jobs due to COVID-19 (probably going to announce record unemployment in April) and central banks around the world injecting trillions into various markets, I thought it may be worth sharing the game that's being played at our expense.

Skip the video and read a book...

Start with Sapiens by Yuval Noah Harari

Dude everything we do is a construct, the laws of physics, biology etc are the only truths... empires fall etc etc

Don't waste time with this youtube nonsense

Skip the video and read a book...

Start with Sapiens by Yuval Noah Harari

Dude everything we do is a construct, the laws of physics, biology etc are the only truths... empires fall etc etc

Don't waste time with this youtube nonsense

It's funny, I consider books a waste of time. They are a great source of information and people should still read however quite literally they are a waste of time for the amount of information you can take in per minute. A 30 minute video with useful graphics can easily cover a book that would take hours to read. Only problem is not all information is available in video format but that's slowly changing.

you don't need to spend hours and hours to understand money. all you need to know is that money is like santa clause. it's real if everyone believes in it. bitcoin is prime example. it took off like santa's sleigh as soon as people started chanting in central park.

you don't need to spend hours and hours to understand money. all you need to know is that money is like santa clause. it's real if everyone believes in it. bitcoin is prime example. it took off like santa's sleigh as soon as people started chanting in central park.

I'm not arguing with that fact. Yes, I use the term "real" in the title but that was more of a clickbait to get people in here. Rollingsound actually brought a very good aspect into the conversation on that very issue, reality, but it fundamentally misses the actual point of the thread.

Like you said, anything can technically be money if we agree on it, the issue at hand is, in it's current form is it good for society?

We are a car forum so let's use a car example. If all we need to know is how to turn on a car and drive, why do we take the time to check under the hood to see if it's not a steaming pile of crap? People are blindly accepting a monetary system that's fucking them over and it's the equivalent of buying a car from a seedy used car lot and not getting an inspection. That "inspection" is taking the time to understand how it works in it's current format and how we can move toward another imaginary concept, but one that would be more fair and has a proven track record.

We've been sold the lie that it "runs like a dream", and in the short time since it's been truly fiat (no pun intended), it's already sputtering ready to die on the side of the road leaving many stranded. Don't be the dumb helpless person stuck in that situation. That's what I'm sounding the alarm for.

Many problems in stocking gold or any other thing. Ever try to sell a kg of gold?
Real concentration of values is say technology.
Example: how much lambda would pay for a pill curing from covid times the population... but much was spent in qc last year in biotechnologie?
What do we do best is electricity but dont transform it... we cou'd electrolyse it and the H and O at great price... this is gold in the future.
Sorry if my text make no sense... My grain of salt in money/poverty, because lets face it an orage is coming...

Many problems in stocking gold or any other thing. Ever try to sell a kg of gold?
Real concentration of values is say technology.
Example: how much lambda would pay for a pill curing from covid times the population... but much was spent in qc last year in biotechnologie?
What do we do best is electricity but dont transform it... we cou'd electrolyse it and the H and O at great price... this is gold in the future.
Sorry if my text make no sense... My grain of salt in money/poverty, because lets face it an orage is coming...

I wish I had a kg of gold to sell, but even if I did, I wouldn't be selling it. Right now it's turning into Unobtanium.

If you watch the videos it explains the concept of money. Money is not value, it's only a way to store and exchange value. It's a way to store labor that would otherwise be wasted. A farmer's work would rot away very fast but he can store the worth of that work in money by selling it to others who will use it right away.

To your point about technology, so far there is not a single example that i've come across that is a good form of money. Specifically to your example of electricity, you can't easily exchange it. Whether it the electricity itself or byproducts like H and O, what if somebody doesn't want to to use it right away? It's a royal PITA to store and even more so to make sure it doesn't degrade or explode.

To you're point about poverty, what makes people unfairly rich and poor? The ability for one person to subject another to created money and charge interest **when they haven't done any work**. Right now the banks can counterfeit money into existence and expect more money in return.

Any money fails the moment a human can create it in any volume and right now the real and digital "printers" are on maximum overdrive.

It's funny, I consider books a waste of time.]

IDK. With creators getting more ad money if they creep past the 10 minutes mark on youtube, the content to video length ratio has never been shittier. Simple stuff drags on for the sake of longer or video series. But yeah, sometimes it's easier to present the gist of an idea in the context a TED talk vs just saying "read the whole book."

Following links to an "article" and finding it's a video is frustrating. I'd rather skim text (or even keyword search) then watch the intros, pleasantries, shout out to X, Y or Z and whatnot.

It's a trend I could do without, but there's likely no stopping it. People are increasingly text adverse. They want to watch.

It's easier to move forward (ie skim/skip paragraphs) when a writer starts erring/drifting than it is when it happens on camera.

any currency is subject to manipulation. that being said, fiat is the easiest to understand, trust and use. sure, it's not perfect. but you're not going to convince anyone that commodity or any other type is flawless or better than fiat.

any currency is subject to manipulation. that being said, fiat is the easiest to understand, trust and use. sure, it's not perfect. but you're not going to convince anyone that commodity or any other type is flawless or better than fiat.

If you had the most perfect human being in control of the currency supply with the ability to not print en mass, fiat could work. However, you can play that game with anything. If we had a perfectly noble and intelligent king, a monarchy would work too.

Except in reality the more something relies on ideals, the more screwed up it tends to become. In the case of a King, couple generations go by and you get some self entitled douche and it's no longer viable. Well the same applies to money. People get lazy and/or greedy and you end up with the politicians and bankers using the printing presses irresponsibly.

History doesn't repeat...but it rhymes.

https://www.cnbc.com/2011/02/14/The-Worst-Hyperinflation-Situations-of-All-Time.html

"Give a man a gun, and he could rob a bank, but give a man a bank and he can rob the world".

Back