Plus d'une dizaine de morts dans une tuerie en Nouvelle-Écosse

Not as deadly as our 5000 lbs behemoth driving past school zones everyday. Yet people don't lose sleep over $19.99 uhaul rentals.
it's a little more rational to think someone is up to bad intentions with a firearm than with a Uhaul.

It's no such much the rate of fire as velocity in this case. 223/556 is hella fast. It may tumble or shatter in pieces upon impact. This may create disproportionately larger internal wounds than one big solid round staying whole and going clean through. That doesn't make it "more poweful", it's more of a side effect that may occur.

Rate of fire/ control of the weapon while firing was one of the criterias for the military but it is sort of moot for civilian weapons. In Canada, guns only fire as fast as your trigger finger.

Part of the appeal of smaller cartridges is ammunition capacity. With smaller rounds, you can carry more of them. You don't need to be as effective of a shooter when you've got "30" attempts at hitting your target. (Officially, you'd be limited to 5, but with someone as motivated as this numbnuts, a rivet wouldn't make much of an obstacle to overcome.)

Once again, I've seen nothing to suggest that this or a similar weapon was used.

a .22LR semi-auto with tons of ammo and 25 capacity magazine would be one deadly machine, at less than 30M a .22LR is going thru a 45gallon steel drum and its probably alot stronger than human skull. Nothing can stop one mad, organised and unfearful dude.
Mais esti que ca me fait chier quand ils essaient de nous faire sentir comme si la policiere morte etait plus importante que les civils, les policiers et les militaires c'est un peu leur job de se faire tuer non ?!

now that you mention it, automatic firearms are safe af. why do we even regulate these things at all?

Yes and 1 pounds coleman propane tank with bearing balls are also not deadly at all i suppose. Like i said, nothing can stop one mad, organised and unfearful dude.

a .22LR semi-auto with tons of ammo and 25 capacity magazine would be one deadly machine, at less than 30M a .22LR is going thru a 45gallon steel drum and its probably alot stronger than human skull. Nothing can stop one mad, organised and unfearful dude.
Mais esti que ca me fait chier quand ils essaient de nous faire sentir comme si la policiere morte etait plus importante que les civils, les policiers et les militaires c'est un peu leur job de se faire tuer non ?!

Yes, it would be quite potent if the vital areas are hit. The fact .223 could do worse doesn't make .22 trivial.

Self-preservation would have the average, well adjusted person hide/ run the other way. Courage is heading towards the threat and putting your life on the line. I wouldn't call this trivial.

now that you mention it, automatic firearms are safe af. why do we even regulate these things at all?

Individuals are not allowed to possess automatic firearms in Canada. You can't walk into canadian tire and buy one.

Yes and 1 pounds coleman propane tank with bearing balls are also not deadly at all i suppose. Like i said, nothing can stop one mad, organised and unfearful dude.
of course. anything can be turned into a weapon and kill tons of people.

and an automatic will do that at the flick of a trigger. crazy, right?

of course. anything can be turned into a weapon and kill tons of people.

and an automatic will do that at the flick of a trigger. crazy, right?

Hoplophobia

excessive and/or irrational fear of weapons.

Like most phobias, diagnosis is a matter of degree - being afraid when someone actively threatens you with a weapon is not a pathological response but breaking down into a screaming panic under the same circumstances might be. Being afraid of a weapon at rest (for example a gun lying on a table) definitely is.

Likewise the fear of theoretical weapons - an unpopular politician is not phobic in having his car armoured if he has offended enough armed people, nor is someone who is likely to be held up at gunpoint disordered if they decide to wear a ballistic vest. A private citizen who worries constantly about being the victim of a spree killer, or is kept awake at night be visions of being the quarry for his neigbour's duck gun probably is. The mall ninja who tapes ballistic plates to himself as protection against imaginary snipers is delusional rather than phobic.

Note that this phobia doesn't just apply to firearms - although they remain the most popular trigger - knife panics are quite common and even crossbows have been the target of hoplophobia in the past - albiet, like many gun panics, stirred up by politicians2 who preferred not to let the common herd have access to anything that made them harder to oppress.

Do you have any of the symptoms above?

^^ would you feel safer if everyone carried a gun around?

i tend to think it's the guy who owns the gun who's fearful.

No, definitely not, especially with someone like you in the room cuz u might shot yourself on the foot because you dont know shit about gun "control"

This is something he has been planning for awhile...

The big suck is the cop killed 23 year veteran of the force.. and his firearms were likely purchased legally.

sure but as usual tva speaks a lot about the killed cop, they dont seem to give a single fuck about all the others victims...

That’s beside the point.

This thread shows that there are some wicked people out there one meltdown away from murdering / executing people. The fact they were on the loose for a while and able to operate in the way they did is worthy of acknowledgement.

sure but as usual tva speaks a lot about the killed cop, they dont seem to give a single fuck about all the others victims...

I’m guessing there hasn’t been much for names released quite yet pending notification of the next of kin. The victim’s privacy is more of a factor nowadays. If/ when the media gets the information I’m sure they’ll do their usual work up with interviews from grieving widows et al.

The problem is metal health, here or is the US, but everyone is always talking about the guns FFS...

That’s beside the point.

This thread shows that there are some wicked people out there one meltdown away from murdering / executing people. The fact they were on the loose for a while and able to operate in the way they did is worthy of acknowledgement.

this i can agree with.

meldowns of otherwise perfectly stable people are going to happen. what i'm saying is, when they do, you hope those people aren't lawful gun owners because now they're a madman with a gun, where as a few months ago, they were a perfectly safe responsible person who owned a gun.

No, definitely not, especially with someone like you in the room cuz u might shot yourself on the foot because you dont know shit about gun "control"

what's with the personal attacks?

...you sure you're alright? you certainly don't type like someone with a sound mind.

i've been to a shooting range before and there's really nothing to it. i was actually pretty good considering i can barely see anything now. (probably got lucky)

The problem is metal health, here or is the US, but everyone is always talking about the guns FFS...

well, of course the physical object isn't the source of the issue, but it's a tool that makes it so much easier for that source to go on a killing spree. That does make 'guns' a problem. It always has been, it always will be.

I seem to be in the minority here who believe that.

Les guns «*automatiques*» sont illegal au Canada pour absolument TOUS LE MONDE. Ça n’existe pas ici alors arrête de parler de ce que tu ne connais pas...

Une histoire de meme c'est pas juste prémédité, c'est totalement planifier... L'acces ou non a un arme a feu automatique change rien. De ce qu'on lit, tout les morts qu'il a fait aurait pu etre fait avec un arme de chasse.

Les guns «*automatiques*» sont illegal au Canada pour absolument TOUS LE MONDE. Ça n’existe pas ici alors arrête de parler de ce que tu ne connais pas...
on avait parti sur une conversation sur le "rate of fire" qui est plus mortelle. oui, je suis au courant que ce n'est pas légal ici.

man, pourquoi que les gun owners pettent tout le temps des coches quand on questionne ça?

Back