Happiest and proudest Land Rover owner ITT

J'viens de lire et supposement que c'est fait comme une carrosserie monocoque bolte sur un frame complet, 2 en 1, ca sonne un peu overkill mais anyway c'est leur mecanique/electronique qui suient pas.

It was more like Land Rover ran out of development money because they spent it all developing a unibodies. Then realized they had no subframes.. oh well just make a frame that weights 2000lbs , it will underpin the Range Rover Sport as well.

It was more like Land Rover ran out of development money because they spent it all developing a unibodies. Then realized they had no subframes.. oh well just make a frame that weights 2000lbs , it will underpin the Range Rover Sport as well.

That explain why they weight that much. they hide it well tho, i always thought it was unibody looking at the truck.

+1 pour l'effort , mais ça fait peur sont set up

des 2''x 4'' pogné ensemble , en plus y'a l'air d'en avoir un qui ne fait la pleine longueur

j'aurais fait ça en 2''x 6''

That explain why they weight that much. they hide it well tho, i always thought it was unibody looking at the truck.

In those years, the frame is steel. The uni-bodies of the Discoveries and LR3/4 are steel with some aluminum panels. The LR3 has an aluminum hood and upper tailgate and I think the radiator support is aluminum.

In September 2016, the company announced it cut about 1,000 pounds out of the outgoing “steel ladder” LR4 with its replacement, the predominantly aluminum fifth-generation Discovery.

The new unibody SUV is 85 percent aluminum and weighs 4,835 pounds, according to Land Rover.

Later LR3s aren't that bad IMO if you are DIY mechanically inclined (As that person is) The people who can afford them new like LRs might keep them a few years off lease but generally just dump them for another. Fixing the air suspension or just removing it isn't a big deal, prob already has been done. Heavy on control arms and bushings but not worse than a Cayenne. Stay away from those late 11-13ish 5.0L Jag V8s though... unless the timing system has been done. I'd love one

We can go in circles here...and I already mentioned it a few times: in my opinion , has a lot to see with the driver.
I had a few and knock on wood , never had any "bad luck" if you want to call it. And I drive them...you understand me ! I really do.
Yes, the newer models 2014+...but still when you hear people talking shit, but never owned one, makes me sick. Especially when you hear: " my friend's dad had one....bla bla bla ".

Main issue I have seen ( talking about friends complaining) is electronics. And mostly, people have that bad habit of parking the car in the garage and never lock it. ANY luxury brand/model ( newer models like 2010+ ) with plenty of electronics should be ALWAYS locked no matter where parked. And that will solve probably more than 75% of your issues.
And it has been tested and proved many times.
Example: a few lights ( not one ) turn on and friend is...damn I have to take it to service.
I take the car, drive it "properly" on the highway for about 25-30 minutes, come back ( I show him lights are still on) , turn off the car, lock it and start it again 3 minutes later. Lights are gone. You don't have to go to service buddy...
But LOCK the damn car, you are worst than women !
They are very sensitive to low / discharged batteries.
Again , this is VALID for any luxury cars with a lot of electronics.
Ask the owner of a luxury car , that stores the car in the winter, no trickle charger,see what happens when spring arrives....

Everything "luxury" is like that now. You know how many times we see stuff and client bitches about problems... Low voltage codes, system shut down.. Shit battery. Batteries are a maintence item now. Hell V8 BMWs is annual according to the service guide. Or they drive 10kms a day, nothing charges properly.

Anything with immobilizer tho we send to the dealer. Better have them do the programming and replacement.

Sa femme doit être patiente pas mal. Il me semble que j'enverrais ça à la dump avant que ça tombe toute à terre.

I did, spoke with the lady she had no idea lol
Will go again

I think it’s a Dexter-type cover up. Guy is in a 200ft basement, building plasma generators

I did, spoke with the lady she had no idea lol
Will go again

I think it’s a Dexter-type cover up. Guy is in a 200ft basement, building plasma generators

Was it a shemale?
Check that too if you can, next time you drive by. MR would appreciate the effort.

Back