Is Ford dieing before Nissan?

kdryden99

Ford was in the middle of a restructure to manufacture in china when the pandemic began and their stocks reflect their financisl issues. Now a hurricane wiped out BornWagner the manufacturer of their F series transfer cases. They have had a lot of bad luck recently and they're stuck.

Meme le F-150 les ventes ont reculé pas mal, GM a vendu plus de pickup dans le premier trimestre

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2020/0...e-trucks-than-ford-ram-in-first-quarter-2020/

General Motors sold more full-size pickup trucks than its two most direct competitors – Ford Motor Company and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles. The General sold 197,743 combined units of the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra, which individually accounted for 144,734 deliveries and 53,009 deliveries, respectively.

By comparison, Ford reported 186,562 deliveries of the F-Series while FCA delivered 128,805 units of the Ram Pickup.

13% de drop pour Ford
30% de gain pour GM, et y'a pas eu de promo ben ben et les cours de garage sont vide ils manquent de stock

Yea lots of fleets are switching out to GM or Dodge because of the F-150 repair costs and downtime.

Je serais énormément surpris. Ils va y avoir 300 000 plans de bail out gouvernementaux avant de laisser Ford crever. Surtout avec le protectionnisme de Trump. Après tout, ils se sont relever comme des grands de 2008. C'est pas la première mauvaise passe que Ford vivent. Pas inquiet pour eux. surtout avec le virage électrique qu'ils sont en train de prendre.

No shit que leur vente de F-150 est en baisse

difference de 10k entre le même pick-up en 2016 et 2020 , ça coûte cher 4 vitesses de + sur la transmission !!

just based on the customer service ive received in the past 2 months...

good riddance and burn in hell

if i were Ford, I'd just build tons of manual RWD cars off the Mustang platform.

i'd still go out of business but at least I'd do so selling a bunch cool cars to the 12 people who'd buy them.

a tiny mustang to compete with the BRZ
a Mustang sedan
a Mustang wagon
a Mustang Ute
and a more luxurious Lincoln version of those called the Dijon Mustang

and remove the ability to buying any of those models with automatics.

and bring back the Tempo as the cheapest carcass you could stuff a V8.

if i were Ford, I'd just build tons of manual RWD cars off the Mustang platform.

i'd still go out of business but at least I'd do so selling a bunch cool cars to the 12 people who'd buy them.

a Mustang sedan
a Mustang wagon
a Mustang Ute

Ok Homer Simpson

Ok Homer Simpson
and I'd bring back the Model T as a new age retro thing.

yPQ9qF5zz8b9DehY6

image : Mercedes Simplex EV Concept

a Mustang sedan
a Mustang wagon
a Mustang Ute

and bring back the Tempo as the cheapest carcass you could stuff a V8.

That would sell in australia, australians have good taste in cars unlike us.

Bin oui, comme s'ils seraient les seuls a faire fabriquer leur chars dans un pays cheap labor ...

Buick c'est presque pas chinois de nos jours. Même qu'ils ont pas mal le seul produit assemblé en Chine et vendu aux É-U a ma connaissance (le envision)

Dans les camions, c'est pas mal Ford les plus U.S made.

F-150 et Super Duty c'est fait aux States. (Michigan/Kansas/Kentucky)

Le nombre de camions GM avec le vin qui commence par un 3 (Mexico) était historiquement assez élévé merci. IE: la pluspart des crew cabs pour la generation précédente. Pas certain actuellement.
Ram aussi, les moteurs Hemi sont fait au Mexique ainsi que la pluspart des Heavy Duty. Ils veulent ramener de la production aux states, mais c'est en cours.

Meme le F-150 les ventes ont reculé pas mal, GM a vendu plus de pickup dans le premier trimestre

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2020/0...e-trucks-than-ford-ram-in-first-quarter-2020/

General Motors sold more full-size pickup trucks than its two most direct competitors – Ford Motor Company and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles. The General sold 197,743 combined units of the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra, which individually accounted for 144,734 deliveries and 53,009 deliveries, respectively.

By comparison, Ford reported 186,562 deliveries of the F-Series while FCA delivered 128,805 units of the Ram Pickup.

13% de drop pour Ford
30% de gain pour GM, et y'a pas eu de promo ben ben et les cours de garage sont vide ils manquent de stock

Tu comptes les Sierra/Silverado et Canyon / Colorado, sois Full et Midsize et tu sort a peine plus d'unités que "series F", ce qui exclue les midsize (ranger).

En d'autres nouvelles, les ventes de 4 produits sont plus grandes que 2. Le ciel est bleu.

Ça longtemps été la raison que Ford est le meilleur "vendeur" selon le département du marketing, ils ne divisent pas leurs ventes en 2 marques, 4 produits comme GM.

Coté total, c'est souvent super serrer. Ford va professer avoir la couronne des ventes, mais c'était nez a nez au final.

En gros, t'es en train de te venter que plus d'overhead (marketing de 2 marques, réseaux de distribution et de couts de developement/ différentiation de deux marques vends plus d'unité qu'une série de produits d'une marque. Coté profits, pas sur que c'est un pari qui est remporter.

Le F-150 c'est le plus "vieux produit" dans la catégorie, c'est normal de perdre des ventes au profits des nouvelles Gen de GM (2019+) et Ram (2019+) dans le haut de gamme et des liquidations des anciens modèles dans l'entrée de gamme.

Des "Ram Classic" ils s'en est vendu des pelletées a "petit prix"

Last edited:
Buick c'est presque pas chinois de nos jours. Même qu'ils ont pas mal le seul produit assemblé en Chine et vendu aux É-U a ma connaissance (le envision)

Le nombre de camions GM avec le vin qui commence par un 3 (Mexico) était historiquement assez élévé merci. IE: la pluspart des crew cabs pour la generation précédente. Pas certain actuellement.
Ram aussi, les Hemi sont fait au Mexique ainsi que la pluspart des Heavy Duty. Ils veulent ramener de la production aux states, mais c'est en cours.

Ils doivent faire un profit de mongole avec les pickups, fait dans des pays en developement et vendu a gros prix, vs une impreza ou une mazda 3 vendu vraiment pas chere et made in japan. meme chose avec toyota et leur tacoma, ils sont fait au mexique et vendu 3x le prix d'un hilux made in japan d'il y a 25 ans.

Ram aussi, les Hemi sont fait au Mexique ainsi que la pluspart des Heavy Duty. Ils veulent ramener de la production aux states, mais c'est en cours.

Even the Honda Fit is Made in China. GM has been in China for decades as well..

Even the Honda Fit is Made in China. GM has been in China for decades as well..

The Canadian market one is? I know Ford has switched their small car production there lately, but as far as I know have never imported them into our market. They just got out of the segments altogether.

They're doing what every other manufacturer is doing. China is now a larger market than the U.S.
That's just reality.

To me GM is the "worse offender" in that category. Been doing it the most / for the longest. I just find it ironic Ford gets called out over and GM somehow gets a break. I think the 3.4 motors sold in our market were made in China as far back as 2005 or something.

I just wish people gave a little bit more thought to where their vehicles are coming from. It's not that I think the quality is any lesser in those emerging markets (truth is, they probably take more pride than the slobs in dearborn / run a tighter ship) it's just the economic impact of these decisions adds up.

I'm not a fan of the current CEO's decontenting and the relentless pursuits of high profits, but it sure is smarter than trying to be everything to everybody and having lackluster entries into every segment.

I actually liked the oneford approach. From a car perspective and excluding the stupid powershift transmissions (what were they thinking...) the euro fords were heads and shoulders better than the N/A ones. I'm just not sure it was sustainable / compatible with market trends.

The CDN Market Fit and the Jazz in Europe are Chinese made but its not a volume seller and Civic outsells it , built down the road in Ontario. Europe has had Chinese built cars for years *cough* MG *Cough* Costs have massively gone up in China but from a manufacturing supply chain side its still the best place to build a new factory as the infrastructure is stellar. We are even starting to see car production pop up in places like India and Indonesia... Small to medium size cars have always been expensive to produce domestically, the margins are very small and the sales numbers are very low. You can build trucks locally as they don't change all that much, very high margins and large demand. You can't compare the market here in Quebec where small cars have always been popular to our friends south of the border... or even to the West in Ontario. The big 3 could import from EU but again its expensive and the UAW limits the amount of units that can be imported from the EU and how much those models can be advertised. Thus making those models uncompetitive, its always failed, every single time. This is why you don't see Audi, Merc or BMW selling complete stripper models here with cloth seats and 1.6L engines. Euro Fords have always been very good and slightly better built but the car side of things is starting to dwindle down. Oddly enough PSA has managed to make a bit of money with Opel, something GM was never able to do.. Even in the EU the trend towards little SUVs has grown massively. Manufactures sell what people want and what brings in money.

We will see French brands here within the decade but they'll be produced in Mexico or Southern USA.

Back