Convince me of not buying a 1st gen Cayenne

It feels like they didn't know what the purpose of the first one ought to be, so they baked in some pretty decent off road tech / features "just in case" it had to go toe to toe with a Land Rover. Low range, center diff lock, rear diff lock, decent ground clearance with the air ride.

Then they realized that people didn't give two shits about the low range transfer case (probably never used it) and off road capability so they streamlined it and refocused it as a tall, sporty-ish car with good cargo volume and comfort.

Exactly !

Funny enough...i get to read this.
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/dri...is-the-pinnacle-of-luxury-off-roading-with-a/

Acces industriel a Rouyn-Noranda en vend des flambants neuf mais tu peux pas les plaquer avant 15 ans d'age, j'en ai vu chez du monde en Abitibi dans le fond de leur cour, certain chanceux ont des contacts dans les mines dans le grand nord. J'imagine qu'ils les rapportent par avion.

Je bave a toute les fois je passe devant Acces, tellement agace.

Mais pourquoi mettre des Dana 60 sur le LC, les diff d'origine sont hyper solide.

Je viens de regarder leur site, c'est ben hot. Pensais pas tu pouvais acheter ça neuf, encore moins au Canada. Mais j'imagine que l'importateur doit signer des papiers pour dire ce sera off-road seulement, genre aucune chance qu'il roule dans la rue ?

Je viens de regarder leur site, c'est ben hot. Pensais pas tu pouvais acheter ça neuf, encore moins au Canada. Mais j'imagine que l'importateur doit signer des papiers pour dire ce sera off-road seulement, genre aucune chance qu'il roule dans la rue ?

Ils sont pas legal sur la route avant 15 ans d'age pour les LHD, ils ont des RHD des fois, c'est pas trop important pour leurs clients j'imagine.

That Ausco braking system is pretty cool

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Spring applied hydraulic released parking brake is mandatory for underground equipment. Don't want a brake failure going down the ramp at 20-25% and no means to stop the truck.

Back