Mercedes Rwd good in snow?

fabchef

Hi gang, how goes it? I've been reading around about Mercedes cars and how they handle in snow. I know the 4matic is great in snow, but i wanted to know how the rwd does with 4 dedicated winter tires? I've been looking at the c300 models. I've had a rwd caprice in the past and loved it. I worry about Benz lower ride. Would 4matic be a better choice?
Any info would be great. Thanks fab

J'ai un Sprinter pis c'est de la marde l'hiver pcq Mercedes sont trop BS pour mettre des diffs auto blocants en arriere...

Aussi le traction control s'enleve pas vraiment donc tu peux pas te swinger ou faire spinner.

Ca prend des tres bon pneu

J'ai un Sprinter pis c'est de la marde l'hiver pcq Mercedes sont trop BS pour mettre des diffs auto blocants en arriere...

Aussi le traction control s'enleve pas vraiment donc tu peux pas te swinger ou faire spinner.

Ca prend des tres bon pneu

ouien... amanché de même, ça doit suck.

Avoir un LSD pis un TC qui se ferme complètement aide pas pire.

hi gang, thanks for the replies. yahh I think to compare a sprinter to a C class is a bit off.
I know dedicated winters are a must. I think it's the fact that it's low to the ground that also worries me. as well, can you put slimmer (taller) wheels on it? on steel rims?
as I said I leaned how to drive on a caprice and eventually had my own caprice. with Bridgestone duellers, that car was a tank!!! not sure how a rwd c class would compare to it?
I like rwd as it's more predictable and gives an accurate reading of the road. I currently drive a 2009 Lexus rx350. so far it's been good. I do miss the drive of a car though and find that being a taller suv, it has a tendency to slide out especially on turns.
fab

Why not get an IS instead? if you're buying used the reliability will play a role and you don't go wrong with most Lexus vehicles but with a Benz you definitely want an extended warranty

TBH it's an open diff with a pretty light-ass-to-tire-width-ratio. Itll be no different to any rwd car with an open diff and wide tires.
You'll need good tires, some weight in the trunk and non-sausage hands/right foot.

Back