COVID19 trackday

First of all, track days and amateur course are 2 different things. And in this new era- will have different challenges to get approved to run. As we speak, I am not aware of any races running in Canada or US, but I know that some sanctioning bodies in the US will start running in May. ASQ and affiliated clubs have petitioned and submitted a protocol to our minister so that we get considered for phase II reopening- hopefully as golf courses get the nod.
I suspect lapping days at first, then amateur races after- IE solo , circuit etc. Still all without spectators or crowds.
Yes- we are working on it,

Last edited:
First of all, track days and amateur course are 2 different things. And in this new era- will have different challenges to get approved to tun. As we speak, I am not aware of any races running in Canada or US, but I know that some sanctioning bodies in the US will start running in May. ASQ and affiliated clubs have petitioned and submitted a protocol to our minister so that we get considered for phase II reopening- hopefully as golf courses get the nod.
I suspect lapping days at first, then amateur races after- IE solo , circuit etc. Still all without spectators or crowds.
Yes- we are working on it,

Yeah IMSA and GTWC are starting again in June. Probably othes will follow suit.

la premiere journée de mai a été annulée avec le club viper, j'espere que ça va reprendre en juin :(

News today that Ontario is opening tracks May 19th with limited access, this is great news. Official news and info will be posted on our Facebook page , and looking forward to our JUNE 24th lapping at CMP.

No word yet for noobie lapping but single occupied cars will be the start...and I am happy it's a start- let's hope Quebec follows suit

J'ai reçu un email du club Viper hier, la saison commence fin juin avec eux, plusieurs règles supplémentaires pour le covid 19

The majority of pre-cautions that are Covid related are passed down from the municipality to the track and the track to the promoter. Most all groups will deal with a minimum of Covid bullshit imposed by track management and then maybe more depending how the promoter feels at that point in this saga. Things move fast, what was new today may be old tomorrow.

The majority of pre-cautions that are Covid related are passed down from the municipality to the track and the track to the promoter. Most all groups will deal with a minimum of Covid bullshit imposed by track management and then maybe more depending how the promoter feels at that point in this saga. Things move fast, what was new today may be old tomorrow.

Do you know what will happen if tracks in Ontario are open but that the "borders" are still under the minimum travelling restrictions? I'm sure most of the members of ASE are all from Quebec and Calabogie on 24th of June is coming fast. Will the event be cancelled and refunded or ?

I ask because I have interest in this event for sure

I can't predict the future past 12 hours these days but I can tell you that if provincial border crossing is a problem by June 24th- the regions and officials will have way bigger problems to deal with and that I can say with certainty. As we speak today, I know people driving freely across the Qc Ont border on the 40 and 417. Gatineau bridge road block was suppose to come down this week.

As far as my event is concerned- it's simple, I have plenty of people signing up- we will be sold out no doubt by next week. The policy for people cancelling/backing out/changing their mind is raincheck to August 8th event- and then raincheck for 2021. At this point NO REFUNDS. Plan you day, sign up and get your ass over to CMP- simple.

Hope to see you there.

Back