Mk7 gti stage 1, options de clutch

BassBoy19

Legacy Member
un mk7 gti manuel, stage 1 (va rester stage 1) quelle clutch recommandez vous ? Je veut que ca roule le plus dorigine possible et je voudrais rester flywheel oem vu que c est daily ride

Rester avec celle d'origine? A moins qu'elle soit fini?

Moi je suis stage 1 depuis 100 000km sur mon mk6 et elle va encore très bien.

If you're looking for prices, send me a p.m no duties or shipping extra on prices. Also i'm in Vaudreuil.

Check out my page. Trupower Distribution on facebook for a faster response. Thank you.

moins que ta gear est longue moins que ca de chances de glisser

bon j'ai essayé de faire mon smart ass, mais maintenant que vous le mentionnez, ça fais du sens. Le torque est plus difficile à appliquer aux roues quand le rapport est long.

La clutch ecs fait paraitre un diesel 1991 silencieux au idle. Le kit tt rs a lair bon mais je trouve weird acheter un kit de clutch, jeter un disque aux poubelles pis acheter un autre disque a part, a moins la pressure pate sachete seul

op appel bcf a st-hyacinthe, il va pouvoir te conseiller car il en a essayés une qté industrielle ...

La clutch ecs fait paraitre un diesel 1991 silencieux au idle. Le kit tt rs a lair bon mais je trouve weird acheter un kit de clutch, jeter un disque aux poubelles pis acheter un autre disque a part, a moins la pressure pate sachete seul
Yea and so will the southbend clutch setup which is virtually identical.. Pretty much any viable option will require conversion to singlemass. The only option that I have experience that works with dual mass with the TTRS or Sachs "race performance" kit which is TTRS pressure plate and 4 puck disc. If you wish to retain the dualmass... South might still offer the hybrid dualmass.

I don't find the single mass setup noisy at all as you use a disc with dampers vs solid.

Get something proven or deal with yokel shops around here for "full custom" including forever turnaround time

Last edited:
Its no secret that the OE clutches on these cars can slip without any additional power addition. It's also really common for people to use BULLY Clutch on these cars. We have been selling these with success for all stages and all gens of VWs - eliminating the dual mass flywheel with a single mass kit.
These Bully clutches are wildly popular in the US as well. Made in Ottawa- we distribute them as well.

Call this week if you need a quote.

Only issue that comes up often with "strong" pressure plates are the crank bearing going south randomly apparently. Lots of topics about that on VWVortex and MK7 forums.

TTRS or Sach performance(with organic disk) will be my pick when I upgrade mine someday on my Rabbit... unless I trade it in for a DSG GTI or R instead of dumping 1500$ or more on a clutch install...

I love my manual GTI but I should have read better about its limitations, I would have bought a DSG instead.

Trying to get a Cornflower Blue Rabbit DSG with no tech package used will be a pain.

Only issue that comes up often with "strong" pressure plates are the crank bearing going south randomly apparently. Lots of topics about that on VWVortex and MK7 forums.

TTRS or Sach performance(with organic disk) will be my pick when I upgrade mine someday on my Rabbit... unless I trade it in for a DSG GTI or R instead of dumping 1500$ or more on a clutch install...

I love my manual GTI but I should have read better about its limitations, I would have bought a DSG instead.

Trying to get a Cornflower Blue Rabbit DSG with no tech package used will be a pain.

The strange crankshaft position codes start... Low oil psi.... I heard it might also be from the single mass flywheel which transmits forces directly into the crank vs the dual mass which will "absorb" most of it. A good friend of mine went through two engines on his GTI because of it and ended up trading it in for a Golf R DSG. Having an OEM weak ass clutch was done as a fail safe by VW

The strange crankshaft position codes start... Low oil psi.... I heard it might also be from the single mass flywheel which transmits forces directly into the crank vs the dual mass which will "absorb" most of it. A good friend of mine went through two engines on his GTI because of it and ended up trading it in for a Golf R DSG. Having an OEM weak ass clutch was done as a fail safe by VW

Yup... Hence my regret for not going DSG with the Rabbit from the get go.

Live and learn... I really like "the car" as in the MK7.5 hatch, comfort, room inside, driving dynamics for a daily driver. So GTI or R DSG might be in my future.

Yup... Hence my regret for not going DSG with the Rabbit from the get go.

Live and learn... I really like "the car" as in the MK7.5 hatch, comfort, room inside, driving dynamics for a daily driver. So GTI or R DSG might be in my future.
I believe Cobb just released the DSG flash as well. When I was looking at GTIs a few months ago I didn't even bother looking for manuals as they're just headaches even with stock power levels. Like I said it's totally a fail safe having such a shitty clutch. OEMs know what's up

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Back