New race track in Ontario, Oro-Station

Gtfour

While race tracks are closing in Qc, a new race track will open somewhere in 2021 in Ontario.

Apparently the red tape has been cut for an upcoming track located in Oro-Medonte near the Simcoe Airport. It's considered an "Automotive Innovation Park" which hopefully means that it will be open to public events. It states that an automotive museum will be on-site as well.

https://driven-international.com/oro-station

Wow nice!!!

On voit qu'alentour il y a en masse de place pour du développement résidentiel. Ensuite on porte plainte pour bruit excessif contre le propriétaire de la piste. Et alors on se retrouve dans un cartier paisible avec pas trop de maisons et un grand espace au milieu ou on va laisser pousser les arbres.

- Jean-Guy, Mont Tremblant -

Sérieusement c'est nice mais oubliez ça un projet comme ça au Québec

Oro already had a track and the locals closed it lol

Maybe Multimatic will be part of it

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Also oh man getting there on the 400 on a Friday summer afternoon is going to make the 15 going to Tremblant look good muhahaha

While race tracks are closing in Qc, a new race track will open somewhere in 2021 in Ontario.

Apparently the red tape has been cut for an upcoming track located in Oro-Medonte near the Simcoe Airport. It's considered an "Automotive Innovation Park" which hopefully means that it will be open to public events. It states that an automotive museum will be on-site as well.

https://driven-international.com/oro-station

Wow really cool. Doesn't say the track length to get an idea of size.

And holy shit that pit lane exit is a disaster waiting to happen, straight into the exit of T1 where drivers will cut into T2. :dunno:

Wow really cool. Doesn't say the track length to get an idea of size.

And holy shit that pit lane exit is a disaster waiting to happen, straight into the exit of T1 where drivers will cut into T2. :dunno:

The resulting design includes a multi-configuration 4.2km track, skid pad, kick plates, manufacturer courtyard, business park and a car storage facility.

Sérieusement c'est nice mais oubliez ça un projet comme ça au Québec

bah, faudrait juste acheter un ghost town, tout démolir, bâtir sa piste et que tout futur résident signe une décharge leur expliquant qu'ils ne peuvent pas faire fermer la pister parce qu'elle était là ben avant.

...maintenant trouver le ghost town...

being built right next to the site where they hosted a huge outdoor festival last year where the Stones played- Burl's Creek event grounds...71,000 people...... so the county is ready for crowds..

being built right next to the site where they hosted a huge outdoor festival last year where the Stones played- Burl's Creek event grounds...71,000 people...... so the county is ready for crowds..
Lots and lots of good breweries around that area as well!

Buy all the land around it in a 3-5Km radius so nobody can build houses there. Engineer a natural sound barrier around it and have fun. Would be untouchable by the morons buying land near noisy places and then complain about the noise.

https://www.orostation.ca/post/fia-environmental-accreditation?fbclid=IwAR0idgXscxXOvU2zOb0ZJLt2b5pC_ToRvusZikRG69ip9L87e2G_tNE_qTk

Just bumping this because I think it's a pretty fucking cool project.
The FIA Environmental start thing is one thing. It's the rest around it I like.

I've always figured you need more than just a track, you need connecting buisnesses around it.
You partnering with Schools (mechanic, automotive design, etc).
You partner with specialized shops and rent buildings around the facilities. (Performance, restorations, etc)
you partner with clubs.
You get a racing school in there.
You get a dealer group close-by, or specialized dealers. (Around the facilities again)
etc.

102840124_156077312630026_4243603614745388811_n.jpg
(All those buildings on the right, shops and buisnesses and etc)

That's exactly what they are doing and I really like the project.
They broke ground last summer, there's images of the track layout starting to appear.

I hope they succeed. We need more projects like this...
I wish something like this would exist in Quebec...

Karun is part of the company that designed and is project managing it. Driven International. It’s a cool project. I hope it works out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.orostation.ca/post/fia-environmental-accreditation?fbclid=IwAR0idgXscxXOvU2zOb0ZJLt2b5pC_ToRvusZikRG69ip9L87e2G_tNE_qTk

Just bumping this because I think it's a pretty fucking cool project.
The FIA Environmental start thing is one thing. It's the rest around it I like.

I've always figured you need more than just a track, you need connecting buisnesses around it.
You partnering with Schools (mechanic, automotive design, etc).
You partner with specialized shops and rent buildings around the facilities. (Performance, restorations, etc)
you partner with clubs.
You get a racing school in there.
You get a dealer group close-by, or specialized dealers. (Around the facilities again)
etc.

View attachment 52371
(All those buildings on the right, shops and buisnesses and etc)

That's exactly what they are doing and I really like the project.
They broke ground last summer, there's images of the track layout starting to appear.

I hope they succeed. We need more projects like this...
I wish something like this would exist in Quebec...

You actually need businesses that will generate revenue and can’t charge them a stupid amount of rent. Clubs are a bit wonky finance wise as they’re setup as none profits. My friend is on the list for a private garage spot there but is a bit concerned when they start asking for deposits they’ll be held by the company and not a trust

Quebec is a strange place. More rich people in GTA I guess.

You actually need businesses that will generate revenue and can’t charge them a stupid amount of rent. Clubs are a bit wonky finance wise as they’re setup as none profits.
Agreed, but that's pretty much what I mean too.
Get things that drive like-minded buisness (and clients) to the area (and the track).

Anyways, It'll be interesting to see how this goes.

Agreed, but that's pretty much what I mean too.
Get things that drive like-minded buisness (and clients) to the area (and the track).

Anyways, It'll be interesting to see how this goes.

I find here anyways that most see the other person as a competitor and puts up a wall. Then when you do offer help or be nice you get taken advantage of. I’ve always said there is no money in race cars or specific track focused stuff unless you are taking care of some serious shit. Otherwise half the year when it’s snowing you need another revenue stream ie normal cars.

I find here anyways that most see the other person as a competitor and puts up a wall. Then when you do offer help or be nice you get taken advantage of. I’ve always said there is no money in race cars or specific track focused stuff unless you are taking care of some serious shit. Otherwise half the year when it’s snowing you need another revenue stream ie normal cars.

Agreed, need to be professionnal racing to even make money all year. Even then there are quiet months :p

The club stuff is nice but there isnt enough serious people to make a business out of it.

Back