New race track in Ontario, Oro-Station

What's wrong with Calabogie? Much closer to Mtl and over 5km long.

Oro is 4.1km and oddly enough Barrie is actually a real city. Calabogie still suffers from the complete lack of anything around it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea absolutely fuck all happening here. We stopped by today. My friend said they moved the equipment out a few months ago and it’s not been back since. Just piles of dirt

bc9bfe9db7281a9f2156a8afb0e7eb3f.jpg

c23bfa9eaea3a04fa6928626f8073af8.jpg

Let's hope this actually happens and it's not another of those projects that dies early.
They actually had a layout started if I remember the last photos I've seen.
And the facebook page has regular updates, so it's not a ghost project or atleast not yet. (https://www.facebook.com/orostation)

We'll see.

Let's hope this actually happens and it's not another of those projects that dies early.
They actually had a layout started if I remember the last photos I've seen.
And the facebook page has regular updates, so it's not a ghost project or atleast not yet. (https://www.facebook.com/orostation)

We'll see.

Bunch of nothing updates just “sponsors” Apparently they want to be racing next summer. I’m sure something will come of it but perhaps not the big scheme. There is literally nothing there. No utilities. Etc. Just piles of dirt and large weeds

Yea absolutely fuck all happening here. We stopped by today. My friend said they moved the equipment out a few months ago and it’s not been back since. Just piles of dirt

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20221022/bc9bfe9db7281a9f2156a8afb0e7eb3f.jpg
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20221022/c23bfa9eaea3a04fa6928626f8073af8.jpg

Unlikely it seems.

It's super expensive and a huge investment for MAYBE 5 weekends of proper championships that generate revenue every year, that's if the americans want to come race there. If it's just for fun and you're a billionnaire then go for it, to make money, absolutely not.

There's a certain Ozarks raceway that opened last year in the USA, turns out they designed the track and can't get a FIA approval because of safety concerns. Forget about any type of reasonable-level type of racing happenning there anytime soon. Spec miatas and track days it is then...

Unlikely it seems.

It's super expensive and a huge investment for MAYBE 5 weekends of proper championships that generate revenue every year, that's if the americans want to come race there. If it's just for fun and you're a billionnaire then go for it, to make money, absolutely not.

There's a certain Ozarks raceway that opened last year in the USA, turns out they designed the track and can't get a FIA approval because of safety concerns. Forget about any type of reasonable-level type of racing happenning there anytime soon. Spec miatas and track days it is then...

Oh yeah Ozarks looks really pretty. In the hills and all.
Do you know why they can't get FIA safety approuval?

Unlikely it seems.

Only bonus is Oro Track is across the street from a busy GA airport and surrounded by nothing.

Oh yeah Ozarks looks really pretty. In the hills and all.
Do you know why they can't get FIA safety approuval?

Something about track width, distance of barriers from track, height of pit wall.

Not sure they actually thought this one out properly lol.

Dangereux en criss le pit exit.

Un virage high speed avec un pit wall (mur simple) à l'extérieur, c'est plus que dangereux lol.

Pit lane en pente, pas pratique pour les pit stop avec driver change et les championnats qui permettent pas de laisser ton auto en gear, si ton char prend en feu avec une trainée de fuel ça s'en va dans les autres pit box.

Un vrai désastre lol.

on dirait plus la place ou tu rembarque sur la track?
le pit est long en sale...personne irait se placer la pour pité.

mais oui, peu importe: un mur beton simple dans une courbe avec le pit derriere est un "accident waiting to happen)

Back