Page 1 sur 2 12 DernièreDernière
Affichage des résultats 1 à 20 sur 28

Discussion: New Zealand PM says 4-day workweeks could help rebuild country's economy post covid19

Forum God

Status
    Car:
    Lada turbo
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

New Zealand PM says 4-day workweeks could help rebuild country's economy post covid19

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-zea...acinda-ardern/

New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern says a four-day workweek could help rebuild the nation's economy in the wake of the coronavirus crisis. Ardern floated the idea during a Facebook Live earlier this week.

Speaking Tuesday from Rotorua, a tourist hub in New Zealand, Ardern brought up a flurry of suggestions that could help jumpstart the country's vital tourism industry, including the shorter workweek, which could encourage citizens to travel more.

"I hear lots of people suggesting we should have a four-day week," Ardern said. "Ultimately that really sits between employers and employees. But as I've said there's just so much we've learnt about COVID and that flexibility of people working from home, the productivity that can be driven out of that."

"I'd really encourage people to think about that if you're an employer and in a position to do so to think about whether or not that is something that would work for your workplace because it certainly would help tourism all around the country," she added.

Ardern has been praised for her response to the pandemic. New Zealand has had just over 1,500 confirmed cases and 21 deaths in a population of about 5 million. In late April, she announced the country has "won" the battle against widespread community transmission of the coronavirus for the time being.

"There is no widespread, undetected community transmission in New Zealand. We have won that battle," Ardern said on April 27. "But we must remain vigilant if we are to keep it that way."

Microsoft tried the idea of four-day work week last year, before the coronavirus pandemic, with promising results. Productivity rose 40%, according to the software maker. A June 2019 report from the Society for Human Resource Management said 15% of more than 2,700 American companies and organizations surveyed now offer a four-day work week option to employees, up from 12% in 2017.

"While four-day workweeks are still relatively uncommon, organizations that have implemented them report no decreases to productivity or revenue as a result," the report stated.
    Citation Envoyé par donchevy Voir le message
    il m'a ecrit qu,il a juste nommer des membres et que boxsterboy l'a bannis. ya parlé qu'il a "shout out"...fouille moé ce que ca veut dire lol!! moi je oense plus que c,est alcool. y boit pas mal pour oublier sa grosse pas belle de black qui lui sers de dompe a desh...sorry pour vince mais va falloir qui face un homme de lui un jour

Legacy Member

Status
    Car:
    Isuzu Impulse
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

3. Likes driftking88, HeavyMetal Liked this post
    Titanium Racer

Status
    Car:
    Chevrolet chevelle ss
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    4 jours de 10 heures par semaines
    ou 3 jour s de 12 heures une semaines et lautre semaine dapres 4 jours de 12 heures. Moins de traffic, plus de off moins de temps de voyagement par semaines win win

5. Likes ladyboys, Dragster Liked this post

Status
    Car:
    KTM pleiades
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Citation Envoyé par marc00018 Voir le message
    ou 3 jour s de 12 heures une semaines et lautre semaine dapres 4 jours de 12 heures. Moins de traffic, plus de off moins de temps de voyagement par semaines win win
    J'ai fais des 8h, 10h et 12h. IMO 10 c'est le sweet spot. 12 un moment donné tu check l'horloge et ça feel comme si t'étire l'élastique. Ça dépends du domaine, mais j'serais pas supris que la productivité de plusieurs pique du nez pas mal avant 12h.

8h/5 jours c'est de loin le pire. Quand t'offre pas directement un service au public qui walk in, on s'en contre calisse tu de matcher les heures d'ouverture traditionnelle d'une banque... C'est rendu qu'on le fais par tradtion / just because. Et meme la, moyen de scheduler ton monde pour le coverage si c'est le cas.

7. Likes terribleone Liked this post
    Legacy Member

Status
    Car:
    No vehicle N/A
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It's easy to do if you're salaried, just be more productive with fewer hours. But if you're an hourly wage-earner then it's very difficult to find an up-side, businesses have generally squeezed as much productivity as they can from those jobs. It's going to be very hard to cut their wages from 40 to 32 hours, even if you bump their salary by 20% you're very unlikely to see a 20% increase in productivity for hourly positions.

My ideal world = 4 day work-week with 1 wfh day. That's where you'd start seeing some real quality of life improvements and much better family life and societal benefits.

Status
    Car:
    KTM pleiades
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Citation Envoyé par Spiter_01 Voir le message
    It's easy to do if you're salaried, just be more productive with fewer hours. But if you're an hourly wage-earner then it's very difficult to find an up-side, businesses have generally squeezed as much productivity as they can from those jobs. It's going to be very hard to cut their wages from 40 to 32 hours, even if you bump their salary by 20% you're very unlikely to see a 20% increase in productivity for hourly positions.

My ideal world = 4 day work-week with 1 wfh day. That's where you'd start seeing some real quality of life improvements and much better family life and societal benefits.
    I think the idea that a "full time" employee is entitled to 40 hours work week is going to go off to the wayside. I'm not entirely sure that the move to 4 work days automatically means the other days ought to be longer to make up for it. It might just go down to 32hrs.

Part of the appeal of the shorter work week would be "job sharing" in a way. With automation making more and more people redundant, people might need to settle for less "hours" for the sake of remaining employed. If you traditionally needed 3 employees for "120" hours worth of work/ week and you now split that among 4, you're keeping unemployment down.

In the U.S it would be a piss off for employers to be on the hook for the health insurance / coverage and benefits of additional employees, but in societies where healthcare entitlement and employment have been separate for a while it wouldn't be as stark of a contrast.

It's sort of what people were expecting a few decades ago. La "société des loisirs" were people worked less and enjoyed themselves more w/ the extra time they had.

Black Diamond Member

Status
    Car:
    BMW E46 M3
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Citation Envoyé par marc00018 Voir le message
    Il y a 20 ans, j’ai fais du 3 jours semaines de 12 heures et l’employeur payait 40heures. J’ai adoré! C’était toujours un horaire fixe donc pas de rotation. Je retournerais à cette horaire anytime même avec des enfants maintenant.

L’an dernier, j’ai appliqué chez Hydro-Québec pour justement travailler 4 jours de 10 heures. C’était un bonne drop de salaire pour moi sur la paye chaque semaine vs mon employeur actuel mais ça me dérangait pas pour travailler un jour de moins par semaine. Et anyway avec leur fond de pension vs le mien, ça revenait au même.

Je veux encore changer d’emploi, je pensais faire le switch cette été mais avec la situation économique actuelle, pas certain que je vais faire le move...
    2006 BMW E46 M3 6MT Individual package - Estoril Blue/Black

Legacy Member

Status
    Car:
    Lamborghini Diablo Sv
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    2 semaine de 12 heure 2 semaine off le reve oo wait!

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
    Citation Envoyé par altivec Voir le message
    J'me suis retiré, j'ai enlevé la capote, j'ai tassé le gars de la et j'lui ai jizzé ça dans face et j'ai dis tien v'la crémage pour le gâteau d'mariage moi j'décriss.

12. Likes SR-71 Liked this post
    Legacy Member

Status
    Car:
    No vehicle N/A
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Citation Envoyé par kahos Voir le message
    I think the idea that a "full time" employee is entitled to 40 hours work week is going to go off to the wayside. I'm not entirely sure that the move to 4 work days automatically means the other days ought to be longer to make up for it. It might just go down to 32hrs.

Part of the appeal of the shorter work week would be "job sharing" in a way. With automation making more and more people redundant, people might need to settle for less "hours" for the sake of remaining employed. If you traditionally needed 3 employees for "120" hours worth of work/ week and you now split that among 4, you're keeping unemployment down.

In the U.S it would be a piss off for employers to be on the hook for the health insurance / coverage and benefits of additional employees, but in societies where healthcare entitlement and employment have been separate for a while it wouldn't be as stark of a contrast.

It's sort of what people were expecting a few decades ago. La "société des loisirs" were people worked less and enjoyed themselves more w/ the extra time they had.
    Totally agreed, but it requires a reshaping of our society as a whole. It will require more flexibility and fluidity.
    I've had the same thought about employing 4 people instead of 3 to handle the same workload but I think the biggest potential positive is if people actually use that extra time for their personal wellbeing and as a side effect reduce government spending.

With an extra 10 hours a week that's a lot of people that could be in much better health through exercise. That's a lot of children that could be doing much better in school because their parents are helping with homework. etc

Forum God

Status
    Car:
    No vehicle I hate car
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Citation Envoyé par kahos Voir le message
    J'ai fais des 8h, 10h et 12h. IMO 10 c'est le sweet spot. 12 un moment donné tu check l'horloge et ça feel comme si t'étire l'élastique. Ça dépends du domaine, mais j'serais pas supris que la productivité de plusieurs pique du nez pas mal avant 12h.

8h/5 jours c'est de loin le pire. Quand t'offre pas directement un service au public qui walk in, on s'en contre calisse tu de matcher les heures d'ouverture traditionnelle d'une banque... C'est rendu qu'on le fais par tradtion / just because. Et meme la, moyen de scheduler ton monde pour le coverage si c'est le cas.

daccord avec toi.

7 a 5 deja plin monde qui fais deja et il sont payer a l annee.
    Citation Envoyé par ThePapi Voir le message
    20 threads about hitler, jews, the holocaust, and the fagalization of Sweden every fucking week.
    Citation Envoyé par HeavyMetal Voir le message
    C'est drôle mais la nécrophilie me dérange moins que la pédophilie et l'agenda trans-genre.
    Citation Envoyé par BoxsterBoy Voir le message
    Verified History Fact.
    Le ministère de la propagande a été instauré il y a quelques années déjà par le curieux, mais non moins célébre pressonage "Kossak" qui s'affaire à tenter d'endoctriner des disciples sur une plateforme sociale servant de discussions entourant l'automobile (entre autre), MontrealRacing.com

Status
    Car:
    Triumph Motors Street Triple R
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    6-3 Monday to Thursday, 6-12 on Friday.

I like leaving work before traffic is bad, and I can get my kid at 330 from daycare. Fridays are easy anyway, usually finishing touches on a project.

10 hour days +lunch +commute make it a little bit to "living for the weekend".

Forum God

Status
    Car:
    BMW E86 M Coupe
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Tu as déjà pas mal de business qui offrent ca, par exemple banque nationale ils ont carrément 3 jours remote par semaine s'ils veulent, ca c'est assez insane.
    Citation Envoyé par VwAlex Voir le message
    Who gives a fuck about whats faster, this car gives you the biggest smile
    ///M Power.

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l5...erero1_400.gif

Legacy Member

Status
    Car:
    Toyota Tacoma+XC90
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    We have 2 wfh days per week since 3 years now. It's very appreciated by everyone

With Covid I think this will increase to 3 days

Legacy Member

Status
    Car:
    Volkswagen GTI 2k18
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Moi j'aime mieux une journée de 40h pis 6 jours off
    -----------------
    | M i C |< R 0 B |
    -----------------

19. Likes KossaK, habsGlossom, Broody Liked this post
    Trupower Distribution

Status
    Car:
    Mitsubishi Outlander
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    My work weeks just became, 75h so I'll help the economy.

Sent from my VOG-AL10 using Tapatalk
    Owner at TruPower Distribution.

For all your performance and aftermarket part needs, send me a message i'll be glad to help you out.

Follow us on Facebook TruPower Distribution and on Instagram @trupowerdistribution Thank you.

Lives at the track

Status
    Car:
    Alfa Romeo civic
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Je travail du mardi au vendredi de 6:30 à 4:30 depuis 5 ans,

Je souhaite ca à tout le monde!

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Lives at the track

Status
    Car:
    Alfa Romeo civic
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

New Zealand PM says 4-day workweeks could help rebuild country's economy post covid19

Citation Envoyé par Gtfour Voir le message
    Il y a 20 ans, j’ai fais du 3 jours semaines de 12 heures et l’employeur payait 40heures. J’ai adoré! C’était toujours un horaire fixe donc pas de rotation. Je retournerais à cette horaire anytime même avec des enfants maintenant.

L’an dernier, j’ai appliqué chez Hydro-Québec pour justement travailler 4 jours de 10 heures. C’était un bonne drop de salaire pour moi sur la paye chaque semaine vs mon employeur actuel mais ça me dérangait pas pour travailler un jour de moins par semaine. Et anyway avec leur fond de pension vs le mien, ça revenait au même.

Je veux encore changer d’emploi, je pensais faire le switch cette été mais avec la situation économique actuelle, pas certain que je vais faire le move...
    Tu est electricien?si oui au bout de 3-4 ans tu vas récupérer ton salaire

Forum God

Status
    Car:
    Volkswagen Sportwagen awd
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Citation Envoyé par gexgex Voir le message
    Je travail du mardi au vendredi de 6:30 à 4:30 depuis 5 ans,

Je souhaite ca à tout le monde!

Fuck non... Je me lève a cette heure là pis j'ai de la misère... Va faloir je me lève a 6h après mon déménagement pis je suis pas prêt encore

Envoyé de mon CLT-L04 en utilisant Tapatalk
    Citation Envoyé par DannyITR Voir le message
    Il est difficile de construire une Honda Civic unique en 2015, mais Alex a bien accompli ce fait. Avec un drôle de nom (ghetto_EK) Alex nous a fait sourire chaque fois

Citation Envoyé par ggti Voir le message
    Moi faut dire que j'ai un Cockapoo comme chien et que si tu traduit sa en français sa donne: graine a caca
    Citation Envoyé par ladyboys Voir le message
    genre sur une échelle de 0 à Alain je ressens 8

Forum God

Status
    Car:
    Toyota MR2 Turbo
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Totally agreed, but it requires a reshaping of our society as a whole. It will require more flexibility and fluidity.
    I've had the same thought about employing 4 people instead of 3 to handle the same workload but I think the biggest potential positive is if people actually use that extra time for their personal wellbeing and as a side effect reduce government spending.

With an extra 10 hours a week that's a lot of people that could be in much better health through exercise. That's a lot of children that could be doing much better in school because their parents are helping with homework. etc
    Or more 6 pack nights.
    Eat, Sleep, Civic

Status
    Car:
    MINI penis
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Citation Envoyé par Setak Voir le message
    Fuck non... Je me lève a cette heure là pis j'ai de la misère... Va faloir je me lève a 6h après mon déménagement pis je suis pas prêt encore

Envoyé de mon CLT-L04 en utilisant Tapatalk
    couche toi plus tot

Page 1 sur 2 12 DernièreDernière

Règles de messages