Old decal "cooked" into the window? How to remove.

lord_galathon

Long story short we have removed a decal from a used car we bought and it left a cooked halo that looks like it's inside the window. This is the back windscreen at the very bottom.

cooked.JPG

We removed the decal because it was a really fucking redneck hillbilly slogan along the lines of "I only speed when I have to poo" or something like that.

How the hell do we clear that? It's cooked inside the glass.

Not the best pic to judge where this is, but if it on the rear window, goo gone or mild dishwashing liquid + hot water and a razor blade?

produit a base d'ammoniac (windex) sinon dégreaser.

Je te dirais de commencer avec une lame a rasoir, mais c'est "dangereux" de brisé les element du defrost.

Long story short we have removed a decal from a used car we bought and it left a cooked halo that looks like it's inside the window. This is the back windscreen at the very bottom.

View attachment 43736

We removed the decal because it was a really fucking redneck hillbilly slogan along the lines of "I only speed when I have to poo" or something like that.

How the hell do we clear that? It's cooked inside the glass.

Put a decal: "I just pooped so I don't have to speed anymore" over the same area, and wait a couple of years so that it blends in and becomes not legible.

But srs, if it's inside the glass, i guess not much you can do other than replacing it.
If it's on the surface, use WD40 followed by degreaser/regular window cleaner.
WD40 worked wonders when I had to remove old logos from the company car, not a trace.

It's not on the surface - I knew all the WD40/Peanut Butter tricks. This not my first rodeo.

I think I'll order a nice Italian sticker and cover that shit up with it.

Back