Metal detecting

Nikkonos

so fews years back I bought a metal detector, I was curious...well fast foward like 5 years, I decided to take my teens out and try that sucker.
I have 1.5 acres

Well it didn't take long to find something.

First find it was letteraly while setting up. I was saying to my kids, you push this, you do that and bam! found a smashed up penny.
Then two minutes later, another penny (1961).
2v2HAZGSnxAhGeV.jpg

2v2HAZGhFxAhGeV.jpg

We then went into the wood.
I found alot of barb wire...I'ved lived there since 2006 and never seen that before

2v2HttbLTxAhGeV.jpg

2v2HttbCmxAhGeV.jpg

2v2HttbqLxAhGeV.jpg

2v2HttbFgxAhGeV.jpg

Then we proceded to another area.
It was after hit after it.
So we found what looks like handle from an old pot
and a lever? of some sort.
Plenty of old wire and metal junk

2v2HAZGCdxAhGeV.jpg

2v2HAZGg5xAhGeV.jpg

2v2HAZGGrxAhGeV.jpg

This is the aera they were all found.
2v2HAZGnGxAhGeV.jpg

So I know my little town is old and had mining activities back in the 1850's.
So its very possible that I have left over from a mining operation, I don't think it was a dumping site cause of the barb wire and run quite in a strait line.
I have metal detect maybe one hour in all and haven't done any further research.
Maybe later I will go back and try to find more stuff and might get my curious side up and look for what it could have happen in the past.

You should have a youtube channel and do this, there's a youtuber (DALLMYD is his name) who does diving into rivers, shallow water and finds guns, go pros, watches etc.. he has like 10Milion followers
……….. $$$$ ;)

You should have a youtube channel and do this, there's a youtuber (DALLMYD is his name) who does diving into rivers, shallow water and finds guns, go pros, watches etc.. he has like 10Milion followers
……….. $$$$ ;)

Part of me would like to, magnet fishing etc...
The reality...not so much

Part of me would like to, magnet fishing etc...
The reality...not so much

In order to do this in QC you'd need about 12 different permits from all levels of government... then again even if you do this to clean up the rivers or body of waters someone will complain about it because you're 'taking away' jobs from cleaners lol.

Back