GC SRT vs RS3

Super hard decision, a GC SRT for me will always hold a special place in my heart, they look so good, sound so good and would be the ultimate affordable SUV. BUT and that's a very big BUT, I would always be worried about when you're going to get problems. Jeep in general has a horrible reputation for reliability, my sister owned a Trailhawk and the thing was always in for warranty repairs. Nothing mechanical, it was always trim pieces falling off, once it was the steering wheel, the leather started to come off the wheel, problems with the handbrake and interior pieces coming loose. She got so sick of it, she traded it for a Wrangler and was never satisfied with the quality.
Even this year at the Montreal car show, they had a Trackhawk on display for people to sit in and parts of the interior were broken (not removed by the manufacturer like the gear shifters often are).

The RS3 is pretty cool, but to me kind of falls in the realm of a the STi, Focus RS, Golf R or even EVO even though it is far more premium than all of them. Personally if a C63s is in your budget that would be my pick, my buddy owns one and it is simply amazing. German muscle baby!! But it all depends on how practical the car needs to be, if you're going to daily drive it. By the sounds of it you are no stranger to how thirsty a 6.4 hemi or a 6.0 german V8 would be.

Have you considered a Shelby GT350 or a Chevrolet ZL1?

Super hard decision, a GC SRT for me will always hold a special place in my heart, they look so good, sound so good and would be the ultimate affordable SUV. BUT and that's a very big BUT, I would always be worried about when you're going to get problems. Jeep in general has a horrible reputation for reliability, my sister owned a Trailhawk and the thing was always in for warranty repairs. Nothing mechanical, it was always trim pieces falling off, once it was the steering wheel, the leather started to come off the wheel, problems with the handbrake and interior pieces coming loose. She got so sick of it, she traded it for a Wrangler and was never satisfied with the quality.
Even this year at the Montreal car show, they had a Trackhawk on display for people to sit in and parts of the interior were broken (not removed by the manufacturer like the gear shifters often are).

The RS3 is pretty cool, but to me kind of falls in the realm of a the STi, Focus RS, Golf R or even EVO even though it is far more premium than all of them. Personally if a C63s is in your budget that would be my pick, my buddy owns one and it is simply amazing. German muscle baby!! But it all depends on how practical the car needs to be, if you're going to daily drive it. By the sounds of it you are no stranger to how thirsty a 6.4 hemi or a 6.0 german V8 would be.

Have you considered a Shelby GT350 or a Chevrolet ZL1?
You need to learn French, he bought a Lexus IS300.

Back