If McLaren goes bankrupt...

It seems pretty trendy for former colonies to buy out the crown jewels of British excellence. I'm sure Tata or some of their ilk will gladly throw a lot of money at them should they seek capital.

It seems pretty trendy for former colonies to buy out the crown jewels of British excellence. I'm sure Tata or some of their ilk will gladly throw a lot of money at them should they seek capital.

In case you missed it...mortgaging their classic car collection just to keep the lights running is not a solution.
And for an investor...that 330 millions or so is peanuts honestly.
Only if that would save the brand...

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mclaren-mortgage-classic-cars-factory/4792460/

f1-visit-at-the-mclaren-techno.jpg

I still wonder why Ford waited so long for the independent suspension for the 'Stang, and why so long for the mid-engine 'Vette,
and other examples of foot dragging...

one of the Forum members said it best - "what puts the biggest smile on your face"

another example: the Miata roadster triggered a flurry of imitations, etc.

I can believe it but within reason. Are they totally broke no but have they been having cash flow issues yes

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Like everybody else during covid, therefore is irrelevant because everyone is in the same boat.
They're just using the situation to secure more funding, which is smart.

I still wonder why Ford waited so long for the independent suspension for the 'Stang, and why so long for the mid-engine 'Vette,
and other examples of foot dragging...

one of the Forum members said it best - "what puts the biggest smile on your face"

another example: the Miata roadster triggered a flurry of imitations, etc.

When you milk the cow today, I am sure you want to be able to milk the cow tomorrow.

Like everybody else during covid, therefore is irrelevant because everyone is in the same boat.
They're just using the situation to secure more funding, which is smart.
McLaren has been rocky once they started making mainstream cars. It never really caught off but the GP team was able to cover itself somewhat until the Dennis/ Honda fiasco. The loss of funding from prize money the last few seasons just caused them to dip into the till more, while the car division was doing the same.

Covid was the perfect storm for many businesses. I've always said just because you have a fancy car/ house doesn't mean you can afford it

I can believe it but within reason. Are they totally broke no but have they been having cash flow issues yes

I heard they have a big issue with the residual obligations on cars coming off leases

McLaren has been rocky once they started making mainstream cars. It never really caught off but the GP team was able to cover itself somewhat until the Dennis/ Honda fiasco. The loss of funding from prize money the last few seasons just caused them to dip into the till more, while the car division was doing the same.

Covid was the perfect storm for many businesses. I've always said just because you have a fancy car/ house doesn't mean you can afford it

Not sure what this has to do with the thread or McLaren buy ok lol

Not sure what this has to do with the thread or McLaren buy ok lol
Look at the MTC and Car factory.... Lavish structures but the company is scrambling to find cash. Just because it's McLaren doesn't mean they are immune to going under. It's British tradition

The whole purpose of a "lavish" as you call it structure is tax break.
If anything it shows a surplus in cash.
Ask yourself why nobody's invested into McLaren under the rag, and it went down to them looking for money publicly.

Back