Where to start?

Rekkless

Hi all, so I've been living in Montreal for about 3 years, but the first 2 years I lived downtown Montreal and didn't need a car. Now I've moved out to the suburbs and bought myself my North American dream car of sorts a 2018 2SS 1LE.

I've found myself in an unenviable position of having a fantastic drivers car with literally no idea how or what to do with it?

I was pretty involved back in Australia in the car scene and I'd really like to explore what Montreal and southern Quebec has to offer.

I've been to countless late night cruises, track days, drag nights, drift events, show n shines, meet ups back in Australia. I've owned seriously modified JDM vehicles and tooled around friends V8 and T6 Muscle cars. Needless to say I'm no noob when it comes to things with 4 wheels.

I went to cars on fire in 2018, it was ok. Not really my scene, a bit of a horse an pony show, but I did enjoy the experience and it gave me a nice glimps into the Montreal car culture.

So can anyone point me in some kind of direction, where can I find out about events, cars n coffee meet ups, cruises, drag nights, track days, car shows or whatever? I'm located on the South Shore in Saint-Hubert but I'm more than happy to drive to experience cool and interesting things in the car community.

Thanks.

Attachments

• 96519501_10156819893427735_6444509178227589120_o.jpg
    96519501_10156819893427735_6444509178227589120_o.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 247
Hey man! Welcome on MR board! We met a fee weeks ago for the polishing of your car. You are at the right place.

if you wanna start with some track time, you can start with Icar.

Either their week day lapping nights or their full lapping days during weekends.

If you are from St-Hubert, I guess you'd enjoy more a weekend full day.

https://icarexperience.ca/activites/lapping/

Next full day is july 26th.

If you are ready to spend a bit more, your Camaro would definitly enjoy a faster circuit like Tremblant. You have to go with one of the various clubs that are renting the track during summer time. If you are interested PM me and I can give you more infos abou some clubs that are beginners friendly.

Either their week day lapping nights or their full lapping days during weekends.

If you are ready to spend a bit more, your Camaro would definitly enjoy a faster circuit like Tremblant. You have to go with one of the various clubs that are renting the track during summer time. If you are interested PM me and I can give you more infos abou some clubs that are beginners friendly.

Tracking at Mount Tremblant is definitely THE place to be if you want to push the car and experience the best that this province has to offer. The track is glorious.

Icar is cool also and is closer more accessible.
When we meet up on Thursday il be more than happy to show you tell you some nice routes. :D

I saw you yesterday on Vauquelin. Nice car.

You live in the good spot of St-Hubert to ride a little bit. Sadly this summer they work on de la Savane street. Chemin de l'aeroport, Savane, Montarville, highway 30 and Clairevue is usualy a nice loop to warm your car and ride a little (no trafic, no light, nice curve and straight line), 70 km/h zone, 100 km/h on 30. Some idiot drive like crazy there and it attract cops but for a nice smooth ride near your house it is a good place.

You also have the Napierville dragstrip not too far away.

1) Car scene in Montreal died about 10 years ago when the trend shifted from performance to 'stance' (i.e. lowered econobox with ridiculous camber). Today's trend is more about owning a 100k+ sports car and flashing it in parking spots.

2) Organised events are now more about talking to your friends in a parking lot.

3) In the event you want to accelerate quickly over a short/medium distance on a public road, you must refer to the location as being in 'mexico'. Ex : "Yesterday I raced a stage 2 RS3 in Mexico. The car was fast but I had more top end". It is also recommended to label your video's uploaded on youtube as being performed in mexico. See example below.

4) A little bit more than 10 years ago the Provincial gouvernment issued a new law for "excessive speeding" which essentially fucks you up good. Definition of 'excessive speeding' is driving at a speed that exceeds the speed limit by: 40 km/h or more in a zone where the speed limit is 60 km/h or less,50 km/h or more in a zone where the speed limit is over 60 km/h and up to 90 km/h
60 km/h or more in a zone where the speed limit is 100 km/h or over. As you can see, with your car you can get into 'excessive speed' in about 3 seconds. Always drive at excessive speed in mexico.

5) Montrealracing is the greatest forum of all time. As the car scene kept on shrinking, only the real car guy stayed on the forum. A lot of knowledge lives here and it is usually the place you will get news first. Be carefull, there are a lot of people with sand in their vagina, just learn to spot and deal with him.

Enjoy you stay in Montreal.

only problem i saw is the camaro might be flagged at tremblant for noise. Limit is fucking low

only problem i saw is the camaro might be flagged at tremblant for noise. Limit is fucking low

I've been black flagged friday in quiet mode... Was a very cloudy day, but still was a bummer...

That being said, i've been on track with multiple SS 1LE all day and have not seen any of them receive a black flag.

ZL1 1LE is a different story though

I've been black flagged friday in quiet mode... Was a very cloudy day, but still was a bummer...

That being said, i've been on track with multiple SS 1LE all day and have not seen any of them receive a black flag.

ZL1 1LE is a different story though

If you think that a mustang GT with active exhaust in quiet mode do 100DB ...

i guess ZL1 1LE will achieve that too

I never understood the whole noise limit at a race track.

You're in the mountains surrounded by woods!!*banghead*

Welcome to the community. As someone mentioned above the car scene changed a lot but also a lot of the OG/Legacy members grew up now and have different responsibilities.
There are still little meets (Orange julep?) and races like at the napierville dragway on the southshore of Montreal

Thanks everyone for the advice and kind words. It's great to be in a place of purists.

Sad to see that the car scene died so hard, but I understand. In Queensland (Aust) where I'm from the car scene took a huge hit when the government introduced "Anti-Hooning" laws which gave police powers to impound cars for 2 weeks for having illegal modifications or street racing, and damn near all modifications are illegal. So I'll take a Quebec cop any day over the Judge Dread cops I've experienced back in Australia.

A lapping session at iCar looks very cool, but from what I could tell I have to buy a license and also complete a $200 introduction course before I can lap?

Mt Tremblant certainly is the place I'd like to go, I was there for Cars of Fire and it looks like a spectacular track, although I didn't get around it much. To drive on that I basically have to join a car club?

I'll be sure to check out napierville dragway, I didn't even know that existed. Is it a good well prepped track and 1/4 mile?

What groups or areas do most of you use to keep up to date with when track days, events are on? I'm following Perry Performance, Octanefix, iCar on Facebook. But I don't know if there are other Facebook groups worth following.

For example I thought there was a regular night of the week on the South Shore people meet up a Canadian tire in Greenfield park, also Julep? When is the best time to go?

If you think that a mustang GT with active exhaust in quiet mode do 100DB ...

i guess ZL1 1LE will achieve that too

the 2018+ Mustange GT variable exhausts sound glorious, I'm so surprised they are legal. The SS Camaro NPP exhaust is loud but it isn't close to being as loud as a Mustang GT or GT350. Even the ZL1 I doubt is too loud, I'm sure Hellcats, Porche GT3s and Mustangs are louder. That is one of the big complaints with Camaros is their exhaust isn't loud enough. Personally, I'm debating with myself back and forth about getting a louder exhaust.

200$ includes the introduction course, your 70$ yearly membership and 3 X 25$ lapping sessions that you had to buy regardless.

200$ includes the introduction course, your 70$ yearly membership and 3 X 25$ lapping sessions that you had to buy regardless.

Ooooh.... I might have to sign up for this. All the info we would need is on their site im guessing?

Back