BMW to charge for options via subscription

Numbers matching takes on a whole new meaning.

A simple drone fly by will fish out hacked vehicles and disable them.

And no parting out, no Kelly U-pull.
Why? They can already do that remotely ...

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Vous vous rappeller dans le temps que tu pouvais acheter ta musique sur CD ? Pis quand le streaming est arrivé c'était cool. Ben maintenant faut payer un abonnement pour ré-écouter la toune que t'avais déjà sur CD y'a 15 ans.

Il y a des avantages du streaming aussi.

Comme de débarrer l'AC juste en été ahah.

Envoyé de mon SM-G988W en utilisant Tapatalk

simon andré electrique modifie des tesla. Il a ajouté un 2e moteur sur une Modele 3 SR récemment pour la rendre AWD avec + gros battery pack. Sa revient moins cher que d'acheter une AWD neuve.

Il a récemment mis un nouveau produit en vente en magasins. Il fait l'installation.

Check le produit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piv...CTnM--TJP8jeILumkWMVy2RB42cp4HRGUgO6fY0cAphRg

Ingenext au quebec, ils peuvent te faire un drift mode, power mode, ca commence les modifs.

Et check le 1er commentaire youtube. Elon sen caliss, toute ses bébelles sont open sources, tout ses brevets sont publiques.
Les Tesla hacked peuvent perdre certains avantages tel que l'accès au supercharger ainsi qu'ultimement perdre ta garantie.

Comme tout char neuf, si tu le "magouille" le manufacturier peut te pénaliser.

Envoyé de mon Pixel en utilisant Tapatalk

Farmers are been fighting against stuff like this for a while now. I'm curious is major automotive companies will go down the John Deere route and argue that you have to no right to work on your car, that they offer you a service not goods i.e i.e

I know it's not exactly the same but way I see it, car as a service isn't that far off from what John Deere is doing to farmers.

It's anti consumer at best. At worse it infringing on our rights. We should be allowed to buy a car as is and enjoy it as is. Coz Dave bought the new Z4 with heated steering wheels and then sells it to me, I shouldnt have to fork up money to the manufacturer so I can continue to use the car. Manufacturers are just trying to squeeze more money from the used car market as no one is buying new cars and they need to increase profits to please shareholders.

IDK. Sometimes the "right to repair" is more of a catch all for "right to do as I please". To me there's some nuance that's required. I don't like it as an enthusiast, but I do understand how it's needed.

Car manufacturers are already encrypting ECUs to prevent people from messing with them. The performance metrics and capabilities were known to us as buyers when we bought the car. I don't think we have a "right" to an extra 3lbs of boost or to disable the EGR/every emission strategy in software for the lolz (and then expect the warranty to cover us if things go sideways)

It goes back to the "as is" point you've made.

I definitely think it's scummy for manufacturers to hide features behind software though. Even worse to now make them a subscription based thing.

I think that so long as non-oem tools can read diagnostic codes and do some service things like retract the rear parking brake to change the pads, then it's likely as much as we should expect as consumers. Cars are just too complex these days to have every dipshit tinker with a bunch of modules and hope it doesn't impair system stability.

https://www.wired.com/story/john-deere-farmers-right-to-repair/

Farmers can’t change engine settings, can’t retrofit old equipment with new features, and can’t modify their tractors to meet new environmental standards on their own.
Yeah, ok... Shows how "out-of-touch" or biased the journalist was. The average farmer/truck owner doesn't want to engineer/ add a DPF/DEF to their old tractors, they want to delete them... but I agree that there has to be some level of maintenance that you can do without the local dealer's "help"

Ça dit un an a 3 ans les subscriptions.
l'OPC a plusieurs règles, un contrat de 3 ans non annulable ça passe pas le test.

Imo les manufacturiers devront éventuellement faire un firewall logiciel entre les fonctions secondaires (genre activer le volant chauffant) et les fonctions primaires du char (moteur, abs, etc.) Si c'est pas déjà le cas car c'est prévisible que le monde va magouiller les chars après la garantie (et je vois pas pourquoi ils n'auraient pas le droit) et il faut s'assurer que ça ne va pas rendre le char dangereux.

simon andré electrique modifie des tesla. Il a ajouté un 2e moteur sur une Modele 3 SR récemment pour la rendre AWD avec + gros battery pack. Sa revient moins cher que d'acheter une AWD neuve.

Il a récemment mis un nouveau produit en vente en magasins. Il fait l'installation.

Check le produit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piv...CTnM--TJP8jeILumkWMVy2RB42cp4HRGUgO6fY0cAphRg

Ingenext au quebec, ils peuvent te faire un drift mode, power mode, ca commence les modifs.

Et check le 1er commentaire youtube. Elon sen caliss, toute ses bébelles sont open sources, tout ses brevets sont publiques.

Les Telsa3 swaps vont devenir les nouveau LSx swaps.

Its still going to all be held up on having an active cellular connection. If the car can't check in, then the manufacturer can't know. The problem for those that may want to circumvent the system is that BMW may tie things like Android Auto / Apple Car Play into needing to check in too in order to work. So if you activate services with a 3rd party app and then subsequently prevent the car from checking in, you might inadvertently lose your Car Play. Or at least if I was BMW that is how I would implement it.

Its still going to all be held up on having an active cellular connection. If the car can't check in, then the manufacturer can't know. The problem for those that may want to circumvent the system is that BMW may tie things like Android Auto / Apple Car Play into needing to check in too in order to work. So if you activate services with a 3rd party app and then subsequently prevent the car from checking in, you might inadvertently lose your Car Play. Or at least if I was BMW that is how I would implement it.

BMW (can't speak for other brands) comes with the connection built-in. They can check in whenever they want.

I heard he's still crying in the corner from the last thread....

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Dont forget your Omega 3 and Ginko Biloba!

in fact, I dont mind about this news, all I need is AC, heated steering, head up display. I preffer this over buying a ton of useless options upfront.

C'est win win en esti pour eux...

Tu standardise ta production en minimisant les variantes, dans le fond pour la prod tout les chars sortent pareil pis apres tu offres les options en forfait...

C'est win win en esti pour eux...

Tu standardise ta production en minimisant les variantes, dans le fond pour la prod tout les chars sortent pareil pis apres tu offres les options en forfait...

Leur meilleur coup ça été de convaincre le monde que c'était légitime d'offrir un volant et siège chauffants "en option" sur un véhicule de luxe dans le marché Canadien. Faut vraiment pas tu la paie cher ton Hyundai Elantra pour ne pas avoir ça... Ergo, ça devrais être standard.

Lifehack/ Pro tip de proprio BMW en 2021: Guys, don't forget to cancel your heated stearing wheel subscription from May to November! This will get you an extra starbucks / month over that time period. #Winning.

T'as bien des trucs qui s'en viennent "standard" comme les caméras et les radars pour le emergency braking / pre-collision assist. J'imagine qu'ils voient ça comme une opportunité de vendre le cruise adaptatif et un certain niveau de self-driving au prochain proprio après la fin du contrat de location original.

Mais comme dans tout, t'as du monde qui celebrent les mesures qui utlimement sont "hostiles" aux consommateurs.

Je trouve c'est une stupide idee aussi mais tse....si on aime pas ca, il y a 50 autres marques interessantes qui vendent des voitures aussi...
C'est un business move et s'ils reussissent, tant mieux pour eux. Sinon ben tant pis y vont perdre des ventes.

Plus le temps avance, plus que TOUT devient subscription-based.

Leur meilleur coup ça été de convaincre le monde que c'était légitime d'offrir un volant et siège chauffants "en option" sur un véhicule de luxe dans le marché Canadien. Faut vraiment pas tu la paie cher ton Hyundai Elantra pour ne pas avoir ça... Ergo, ça devrais être standard.

Lifehack/ Pro tip de proprio BMW en 2021: Guys, don't forget to cancel your heated stearing wheel subscription from May to November! This will get you an extra starbucks / month over that time period. #Winning.

T'as bien des trucs qui s'en viennent "standard" comme les caméras et les radars pour le emergency braking / pre-collision assist. J'imagine qu'ils voient ça comme une opportunité de vendre le cruise adaptatif et un certain niveau de self-driving au prochain proprio après la fin du contrat de location original.

Mais comme dans tout, t'as du monde qui celebrent les mesures qui utlimement sont "hostiles" aux consommateurs.
Camera de recul cest mandatory depuis 2018

Envoyé de mon SM-N960W en utilisant Tapatalk

Back