Incendie à Lachine

I see quite few of you are in lachine
The problem with that area is public transport. Will tram line ever happen? Lol

And there is way too many 18 wheeler trucks going in and out of the area for it to be any sort of premium spot

And lol ville st pierre, it's hopeless there

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Lots of the truck traffic in Lower Lachine is thru traffic. Not much industry left. There might be more public transit when Dominion Bridge project gets going. You could run a tram along Notre Dame or at Patrick.

My in laws live on 54th, sister in law on 38th. We live on 8th just above the water. I do like the area as its central to everything but our old area had less characters.. I lived in the city most of my life except those few years in vaudreuil..

The "local bs" love to hold grudges and are just idiots.. got to love the electric scooter gangs. Our Mini has been vandalized twice (slashed tires) neighbors Porsche woke up to a cinderblock through the windhshield, other neighbor GTI slashed tires. Someone tried to get into the E46 a few weeks ago I got a video of that. I've been bitched at for parking in front of persons house and how he's watching me.

Corner of 6th/ Notre Dame at one of the many sketch bars there are a couple working girls outside. That payphone must be very profitable as well.

Meanwhile the breakfast place on Notre Dame is awesome. So is the En Vrac Du Canal. The restos Along the water are good as well.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Lots of the truck traffic in Lower Lachine is thru traffic. Not much industry left. There might be more public transit when Dominion Bridge project gets going. You could run a tram along Notre Dame or at Patrick.

My in laws live on 54th, sister in law on 38th. We live on 8th just above the water. I do like the area as its central to everything but our old area had less characters.. I lived in the city most of my life except those few years in vaudreuil..

The "local bs" love to hold grudges and are just idiots.. got to love the electric scooter gangs. Our Mini has been vandalized twice (slashed tires) neighbors Porsche woke up to a cinderblock through the windhshield, other neighbor GTI slashed tires. Someone tried to get into the E46 a few weeks ago I got a video of that. I've been bitched at for parking in front of persons house and how he's watching me.

Corner of 6th/ Notre Dame at one of the many sketch bars there are a couple working girls outside. That payphone must be very profitable as well.

Meanwhile the breakfast place on Notre Dame is awesome. So is the En Vrac Du Canal. The restos Along the water are good as well.

Sounds like a fun area to live in. Never understood why people insist so much to live in a shithole. My cars are literally unlocked on my driveway and I never have any issues.

Sounds like a fun area to live in. Never understood why people insist so much to live in a shithole. My cars are literally unlocked on my driveway and I never have any issues.
My friend lives in St Henri and I have an offer on a property there in the works. It's much the same. It's a convenience fee!

I consider Laval and West Island shitholes

I lived on st-joseph between 11th and10th. Interesting building but too many crackheads, park on st Joseph and had my mirror broken 3 times, drunk ass people passed out in the parking lot across the street and mice. That was enough.

Lachine is a shit hole, public transportation was a joke, way too many spandex warriors on 10000$ bikes veering into traffic. Downtown is dying a slow death.

I lived on st-joseph between 11th and10th. Interesting building but too many crackheads, park on st Joseph and had my mirror broken 3 times, drunk ass people passed out in the parking lot across the street and mice. That was enough.

Lachine is a shit hole, public transportation was a joke, way too many spandex warriors on 10000$ bikes veering into traffic. Downtown is dying a slow death.
I'm the spandex warrior! I do like the reserved lane on St Joseph now. I'll take my chances with the crackheads vs West Islanders

I'm the spandex warrior! I do like the reserved lane on St Joseph now. I'll take my chances with the crackheads vs West Islanders

I'll stay in the south shore in my quiet neighborhood where I'm the bad neighbour.

I'll stay in the south shore in my quiet neighborhood where I'm the bad neighbour.
Where's the drama! I grew up and spent most of my life in the city so I'm immune to lots of city issues. Our new place will be 10-15 mins walk from Atwater Market

Where's the drama! I grew up and spent most of my life in the city so I'm immune to lots of city issues. Our new place will be 10-15 mins walk from Atwater Market

I grew up in Verdun, spent a lot of time in "working class" read shithole neighborhoods. Would I go back nope. Fuck dealing with cracky mcgees problems, I like my yard, parking, and not getting my house broken into.

I grew up in Verdun, spent a lot of time in "working class" read shithole neighborhoods. Would I go back nope. Fuck dealing with cracky mcgees problems, I like my yard, parking, and not getting my house broken into.
Unsure Verdun is a shithole. A proper house is touching 7 figures and Wellington cleaned up nicely. Things just take time. Suburbria works for most I guess

Doesn't make any sense.. Id rather live in the West Island past Lachine than Lachine / St Pierre / Verdun. Not sure what kind of stupid reasoning is that *west islanders* are bad and west island is a shit hole, rather be surrounded by crackheads and bums all day long?
Yes, lived in both areas for many years..Just because it is expensive, doesn't mean they are good areas.

Doesn't make any sense.. Id rather live in the West Island past Lachine than Lachine / St Pierre / Verdun. Not sure what kind of stupid reasoning is that *west islanders* are bad and west island is a shit hole, rather be surrounded by crackheads and bums all day long?
Yes, lived in both areas for many years..Just because it is expensive, doesn't mean they are good areas.
And I feel the same about the West Island.. expensive but doesn't make it good. Right? Realistically you can have characters or bad neighbours anywhere. You think Vaudreuil is some Shangri-la? Or all of the west island is perfect?

Despite the slight issues I do like where I live but we are looking at moving closer to the city if we can't find something slightly larger around here. 5 minutes to get on the highway is real nice and 15 mins tops to all our usual haunts. Most of the lower income people keep to themselves and don't bother anyone. You get a few trouble makers.

How is the offer going alone ? Will you put in an overbid high enough to win ?
I got outbid by 15k but the financing for the people didn't pass I'm told. I have an offer on a 7 room condo in St Henri now so who knows what will come of that. I'm going to be pissed if one offer is accepted while we have a chance to get the original place

I got outbid by 15k but the financing for the people didn't pass I'm told. I have an offer on a 7 room condo in St Henri now so who knows what will come of that. I'm going to be pissed if one offer is accepted while we have a chance to get the original place

what building in st henri? quai des eclusiers here

what building in st henri? quai des eclusiers here
It's one of the places in Stelco Development so Little Burgundy. 3 bedrooms. We saw the penthouse listed in your building for 1.5 million. We have seen so many places in the last 2 weeks that everything looks the same. We have a house already and are in zero rush to move

I can't think of a better place than Verdun to live. If you wanna be close to dtown and have everything you need around you. Too bad all the decent 3 1/2 condos were at least 300k when I was looking.

Back