Condo - kids making noise -bothers my tenants - need input

Lived this issue

Not much you can do unfortunately, other than waste your time between the parties.
Ended up with threats on non-payment of rent which were answered with non-payment consequence clauses from the regie.
Issue was never brought up again and they moved out the following year.

Lived this issue but we were on 2nd floor of a wood construction. There was constant low-frequency bass from downstairs, actual furniture and items would shake and vibrate from the heel pounding of a child running from 6-8am and 6-8pm, every day. There's nothing you can do about a child learning to run and walk, he's gonna do that until he's 6-7 years old.

So we sold the condo and bought a house.

Wood construction will always transmit low-frequency sound vertically between floors, unless you completely isolate an appartment with sonopan and resilient bars on all sides, which is very expensive $$$$$$

Je vis exactement ça actuellement. 2 criss de retraités au dessus avec un chien. Construction neuve

1:30 Am un des deux qui marche du talon en soulier dans le salon

A journée longue il marche... je travaille de la
Maison et un client m’a même dit «*je pense que ça cogne à ta porte.

En plus il stationne en diagonale et prenne le 1/3 de mon parking.

Mon plan de match au retour de vacance:

Lettre sur leur porte
Je cogne a leur porte et on parle

Si ça fonctionne pas le fun commence:

-Jouer a sonne decriss dans la nuit
-livraison non stop
-Visser le sub avec des braquettes au plafond sous leur chambre et leur faire du Darude Sandstorm 2-3 fois par nuit

Je m’organise je m’en fou c’est une location temporaire :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wow beau stratagème.

Tu as quel âge pour planifier de sonner aux portes et te sauver? ça fait ado un peu ton affaire non?

Il y a du monde cave qui veut rien comprendre aussi et s'en fou royalement des autres.
Tout comme il y a du monde qui appel la police pour une connerie.
Ces deux types de personnes devrait juste avoir une maison détaché.

Il n'y pas longtemps, j'habitait dans un condo full béton.
Un bozzo en bas pratique son DJ tous les nuits, ca n'a pas de sense lol, c'est rendu un club la.
Je ne pouvais meme pas combattre le feu avec le feu, mon seul systeme de son c'est mon cell lol.
Après plusieurs police et plainte il s'est fait mettre dehors par le propriétaire.
On a appris qu'il s'est fait mettre dehors dans une autre unité du meme batiment, pas surprenant...

La je suis dans une maison (premiere fois dans ma vie), je comprends le luxe maintenant.

quick update, i went to the Regie today to gather more information on what next steps they could take and on my side as well if they decide to stop paying rent. in both cases going through ther Regie is several months of waiting. this is not a quick solution in any way. i learned quite a few things. it's been useful.
in the meantime i get another text message this morning and an email, even though we spoke last night. they want the situation to be fixed by 3rd Aug, otherwise other options will be explored from their end.
i will pass by this week to listen to the noise, like an audit. from 6-7 AM sometimes this week
next week i will pass again with the condo administration as an more independent opinion. then we will assess the next steps.
i think i'm doing everything i can to solve this in a fair way and i started documenting all actions as well.
feel free to recommend other suggestions if they can help

Thanks for the inputs keep them coming. From what i read online in most cases that go all the way to court the plaintiff lose as kids will be kids and it seems noise from kids is normal.
We have two young kids as well but we live in a house. But i inow that sometimes they run and make noise but it doesn’t bother anyone.
The earplug solution came to mind but i know it will piss off the tenants. But it can be a solution.
Yes the no running rule has been added a few years ago before be bought the condo. This was my argument with the condo administration, but for now they re not willing to move and give a fine for example to the owners of second floor for non respect of this rule. Not sure how this applies when you have kids. And whi can actually enforce it

Ma voisine en bas de chez nous me dit que je marche du talon.... Sucks, mais si t'es pas capable d'endurer de te faire marché sur la tête, ben loue le dernier étage. that it. your tenants loss. next year they will know which floor to rent.

Ma voisine en bas de chez nous me dit que je marche du talon.... Sucks, mais si t'es pas capable d'endurer de te faire marché sur la tête, ben loue le dernier étage. that it. your tenants loss. next year they will know which floor to rent.
Quand il n'y a pas d'ascenseur c'est chiant de vivre au dernier étage...surtout quand il fait chaud

Envoyé de mon SM-A530W en utilisant Tapatalk

quick update, i went to the Regie today to gather more information on what next steps they could take and on my side as well if they decide to stop paying rent. in both cases going through ther Regie is several months of waiting. this is not a quick solution in any way. i learned quite a few things. it's been useful.
in the meantime i get another text message this morning and an email, even though we spoke last night. they want the situation to be fixed by 3rd Aug, otherwise other options will be explored from their end.
i will pass by this week to listen to the noise, like an audit. from 6-7 AM sometimes this week
next week i will pass again with the condo administration as an more independent opinion. then we will assess the next steps.
i think i'm doing everything i can to solve this in a fair way and i started documenting all actions as well.

J'espère pour toi que ça rapporte.

Quand c'est rendu qu'il faut que tu fasse une enquête sur les lieux pour une unité en location. C'est pour ça que je préfère investir dans des REIT. Pas de locataire qui t'achale et plus liquide comme actif.

When you do that "audit", write down everything, bring a Db level meter, shoot a quick video too.
Make sure you did everything you could do by the book and with due diligence.

Write down a detailed report of everything you did since day 1 of the complaint. make her/him signed.

If they fight the situation to court of something, you'll have something to back you up.

When you do that "audit", write down everything, bring a Db level meter, shoot a quick video too.
Make sure you did everything you could do by the book and with due diligence.

Write down a detailed report of everything you did since day 1 of the complaint. make her/him signed.

If they fight the situation to court of something, you'll have something to back you up.

Yes everything is documented since last 2 weeks when it was all raised. I sent them an email with all actions taken about 15 up until now.
I’ll try to see where i can find/rent a DB meter. For the rest i will do a report of my observation even though i’m not an expert to say this is reasonable or not but i will record with cellphone as well

tes patient en .... criss ca dehors demande leur 1 mois si sont pas content ben qui endure .

C'est ca l'affaire, tu peux pas les calisser a la rue de meme. Ca prends la Régie et c'est 6-7 mois. Pendant ce temps là, beaucoup de choses peuvent survenir, bonnes ou mauvaises.

now where can i rent a DB(decibel) meter for a day? i have an app on iphone and i found one on Amazon for 30$. reliability and accuracy? any input is appreciated

Back