Condo - kids making noise -bothers my tenants - need input

Tell him he's lucky the neighbors kids don't wake up at 530 like mine... Extra 30 minutes sleep!

Quick update, we had a discussion with the tenants. Obviously situation did not improve as much as they expected. Now indirect threats of leaving and breaking the bail if situation does not improve over the next 2 weeks.
My question is what options do they have with Regie?
1. Get an agreement mutually to break the lease
2. Leave and stop paying? Obviously we will take action with Regie but i think it takes several months. Anyone had experience with this?
What would Regie say? Is 6am wakeup a reasonable time to wake up?

Dis leur de vivre dans une maison si ils veulent la paix d'une maison...

C'est quoi l'idée de vivre dans un immeuble partagé en espérant avoir la quiétude d'un immeuble unifamilial?????

This.

Esti de bande de chialeux.

Prochaine fois que tu les rencontres, montre leur des maisons unifamiliale à vendre. Ils vont comprendre le message.

I'm living this right now. We are on the top floor of a condo. We had to tell the people down stairs to be a bit more careful at 5:20 a.m to keep their kid from running like a savage. Anyways they sold, new owners in now. Very nice and respectful people.

Sent from my VOG-AL10 using Tapatalk

For sure they will want to break bail and leave.
What are the options?
Can i ask them for an extra month of rent so i can find another tenant?
Anyone went through this with Regie?
Please advise

For sure they will want to break bail and leave.
What are the options?
Can i ask them for an extra month of rent so i can find another tenant?
Anyone went through this with Regie?
Please advise
In my experience it's best not to get the regi involved. If they do want to break the lease early ask for 2 months notice if they wish to leave asap and one month rent. In this market you will have zero issue renting it back out and do you really want to have unhappy Tennant's around? Once they are gone spend 2-3 nights yourself in the condo go evaluate the noise issue, if any

You run the risk of them bringing you to court or regi later though. Have a release drawn up that absolves you of everything. That both parties agreed to leave on good terms

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Tell him he's lucky the neighbors kids don't wake up at 530 like mine... Extra 30 minutes sleep!

Lol je pensais la même chose, pas rare que le petit se lève à 5h mais il reste dans chambre jusqu'a 6h à lire des livres et whatnot...mais oublie ça à 6h01 c'est un train qui part et qui n'arrête pas.

OP est sûrement mieux de checker pour des nouveaux locataires lol

Has atypical work/sleep schedule
Rents a condo with shitty soundproofing
Expects no noise

Are we in the presence of a Karen?

Amateurs.

My first apartment in Pte-Claire our upstairs neighbour had a room dedicated to a rabbit. Hardwood floors, he just lined the floor with a tarp and let the rabbit loose with rabbit toys like wooden blocks and other hard stuff to make their teeth with.

Can you guess what room was directly under the rabbit's room? My bedroom.

Rabbits are nocturnal.

We moved within 8 months - broke the lease - told the owners to fuck off, they should've known better than to allow a rabbit to take over a whole room.

J’aimerais bien voir tous les mega beta ici qui répète que les locataires sont chialeux, de mettre des bouchons, etc, vivre la meme situation.

J’avais acheté un condo rdc dans un batiment en bois. La locataire du haut etait super respectueuse, madame 55 ans +

Ben un moment donné, elle a décidé que mettre des souliers et marcher de bord en bord du condo non stop c’etait sa nouvelle activité. La vous allez dire ben la, y’a rien la. Y’a ok, 7h am dimanche matin, elle marchait tellement fort en tappant ses talons que la vaisselle shakait chez nous.

400 k le condo

Vous me faite rire en esti lol

Pour repondre au op... never invest to rent in a main floor, problem solved lol

c'est délicat avec des enfants

Moi j'avais offert a un de mes locataires de casser le bail . Peut pas contrôler les enfants de mon autre locataire plus haut et en même je suis pas mal certain que la Régie va ce mettre du côté des enfants

Finalement le locataire n'est pas parti et a appris à vivre avec des enfants , ça fait 3 ans si je me rappelle bien

You can verify with the administration. You can give them fees for that kind of problem.

As a co-owner leasing the unit, you should push for the administrative board to institute an incremental fine system. There are all kinds of stupidities that you can't do much about, but if you have an incremental fine system outlined in your condo declarations, these things have a funny way of getting resolved. Things like noise, smells and smoking, parking spot issues, common area infractions, etc. usually get addressed pretty quickly when a $50 starting fine, becomes a $500 fine in a months time of continued disturbance.

Do you know if you already have this in your by-laws? If not, it will be a small undertaking as the board will need to get a majority vote to have this pass. Is the building run uniquely by an administrative board, or is there a management company in place?

en avril mon voisin de droite fesait le ramadan avec toute sa famile dans un 3 1/2 de minuit a 5h am pendant 2 semaines,t entendait les enfants courir pi sauter toute la nuit pi les gros chaudrons bing bang. etant proprio et eux locataire, plusieurs plaintes officiel, faites des papier sur leur porte qui rappel les lois,appeler la police, ils ont quitté le mois d apres voyant que petre c etais pas la meilleure idée etre 4 dans 500pi2

unpopular opinion: si ta des kids, achete une maison ou un premier etage de condo. meme si les blocs sont sound proof, que sa sois en bois ou 2pi de beton au dessu de ta tete, tu va les entendre pareil

[...]

unpopular opinion: si ta des kids, achete une maison ou un premier etage de condo. meme si les blocs sont sound proof, que sa sois en bois ou 2pi de beton au dessu de ta tete, tu va les entendre pareil

Not unpopular opinion, I think it's common sense, as mentioned in my previous post, that's exactly what I did and when I didn't have a kid or was older and wanted to have a little bit of peace, I simply moved to the last floor...

Quick update, we had a discussion with the tenants. Obviously situation did not improve as much as they expected. Now indirect threats of leaving and breaking the bail if situation does not improve over the next 2 weeks.
My question is what options do they have with Regie?
1. Get an agreement mutually to break the lease
2. Leave and stop paying? Obviously we will take action with Regie but i think it takes several months. Anyone had experience with this?
What would Regie say? Is 6am wakeup a reasonable time to wake up?

Dude, that's a great new.
1. They can't break the lease by themself, they need to follow the procedure and that will take months because it's not an urgent matter. Right now, their only option is to ''sous-louer'' and you don't want that.
2. Get an agreement to break the lease and find a new tenant. That's a great opportunity to raise it if you want.

en avril mon voisin de droite fesait le ramadan avec toute sa famile dans un 3 1/2 de minuit a 5h am pendant 2 semaines,t entendait les enfants courir pi sauter toute la nuit pi les gros chaudrons bing bang. etant proprio et eux locataire, plusieurs plaintes officiel, faites des papier sur leur porte qui rappel les lois,appeler la police, ils ont quitté le mois d apres voyant que petre c etais pas la meilleure idée etre 4 dans 500pi2

Not unpopular opinion, I think it's common sense, as mentioned in my previous post, that's exactly what I did and when I didn't have a kid or was older and wanted to have a little bit of peace, I simply moved to the last floor...

x2 not unpopular at all.

Back