2018 Range rover or?

I am currently looking to get into a luxury SUV. I am looking at a 2018 range rover with a 5.0 supercharged, but hear the reliabilty is not good. What other vehicles should I look at. Must be fairly quick, not looking for base models. the GLS 63amg looks good, but not sure if theres something else im not thinking of.

I am currently looking to get into a luxury SUV. I am looking at a 2018 range rover with a 5.0 supercharged, but hear the reliabilty is not good. What other vehicles should I look at. Must be fairly quick, not looking for base models. the GLS 63amg looks good, but not sure if theres something else im not thinking of.

BMW X5 M50i

Does under 5 seconds to 100 and with air suspension I think is a step above all competition in terms of comfort.

^^^ A friend of a friend of a friend has two them.
Never been to dealer but once a year for an oil change.

does your friend daily drive them, my wife will only require about an oil change a year. I hear a lot of unreliability from people that have never owned one.

Google J D Power reliability and look at the results, LR is at the bottom, or second from the bottom every year for the last 10 years. 1 data point (from a friend of a friend) does not invalidate that bottom ranking.

The BMW, Cayenne or a GLE63 would be better, but cost $$ when things break.

does your friend daily drive them, my wife will only require about an oil change a year. I hear a lot of unreliability from people that have never owned one.

Yes. And he locks them all the time.
But a used one...you should always check the warranty history, in case. Buying a used car is pretty much buying the problems of somebody else.

He just changed one of them :

Oil change is once / year or 26 000 km, whichever comes first but he does about 15 000 km /year.

Search for the thread where I explain about all the smart owners...and then you will understand reliability.

Back