Fiabilité LR Discovery Sport 2017

SRT-What?

Legacy Member
Ma blonde regarde pour racheter son Discovery Sport 2017 . Aucun problème depuis 3ans, 50,000km.

Elle a magasiné pour le fun de voir ce qu'elle pouvait avoir pour le prix du buy-back (30,000+tx). J'ai pas les mêmes gouts qu'elle, mais j'avoue que j'ai pas trouvé dequoi de mieux pour moins chère, pis aller chercher mieux couterais un bon montant de plus (même kilométrage / année).

Le char est neuf selon moi. Je veux bien croire que LR c'est pas fiable comme du Toyota, mais ça look pas pareil non plus.

Durant notre magasinage on c'est fait dire par des vendeurs que le Discovery était pas faible blablabla. Quelqu'un sur le forum peut donner son avis ?

giphy.gif

You are going to hear the usual non sense around here..

I believe by 17 they sorted out the issues with the cam gears, turbo charger and transmission. We get lots of Evoques and early Disco Sport in with those issues. I'd get a good 3rd party warranty on it if possible or OEM CPO. They aren't complex but those 3 repairs on the Ford 2.0T are pricey. Maintenance isn't all that bad either.

I had a 2019 as a rental in the UK. I enjoyed it minus the busted rear swaybar links..

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

You are going to hear the usual non sense around here..

I believe by 17 they sorted out the issues with the cam gears, turbo charger and transmission. We get lots of Evoques and early Disco Sport in with those issues. I'd get a good 3rd party warranty on it if possible or OEM CPO. They aren't complex but those 3 repairs on the Ford 2.0T are pricey. Maintenance isn't all that bad either.

I had a 2019 as a rental in the UK. I enjoyed it minus the busted rear swaybar links..

The CPO is ridiculous (like 5k).

We plan on keeping the car max 2 more years. You believe the transmission or turbo can go fubar by 80k ? (And people used to laugh at neons...)

Not sure if it has the ford or the JLR 2.0., would that make thing worst ??

The CPO is ridiculous (like 5k).

We plan on keeping the car max 2 more years. You believe the transmission or turbo can go fubar by 80k ? (And people used to laugh at neons...)

Not sure if it has the ford or the JLR 2.0., would that make thing worst ??
17 should be the JLR unit

Ma blonde les regardait parce qu'elle les trouvent beaux.
Ont a fait nos recherche chacun de notre bords, lire les reviews par ci par la, en prendre et en laissé etc...pis ont est venue les deux à la conclusion que ont prendras pas le risque.
C'est une pile ou face deal, certain on pas de trouble, certain des citrons et d'autre pas de trouble pendant X années pour ensuite leur tété le porte feuille.

Why not just lease another one...??
Initial intent was to reduce monthly car expenses. Target is 600$/month for a lease or 30k$ for a purchase. In that price range you get much less car (i.e. Audi Q3, Merc GLA, BMW X1). Company car...

Since she hasn't been able to find a car meeting her criterias (and she still like her Disco Sport), the idea of keeping the car for few more years started making sense. Car has never been abused, cleas as-fukc, 2020 model is identical to this one, still under warranty until April 2021.

Budget could go back up in a year or two once covie impacts are gone/well budgeted in her business.

17 should be the JLR unit

Just went taking a look under the hood trying to find a stamping on the engine telling me if it is a Ford or a JLR engine. Couldn't find anything. Found a tag on a fuel line saying FoMoCo but that could be a legacy parts retained after the engine change..

Any way to confirm engine manufacturer ? I'm finding contradictory information on the intarweb.
fd5ee62b2b5d5ff909c34ec8ab3baa15.jpg

Just went taking a look under the hood trying to find a stamping on the engine telling me if it is a Ford or a JLR engine. Couldn't find anything. Found a tag on a fuel line saying FoMoCo but that could be a legacy parts retained after the engine change..

Any way to confirm engine manufacturer ? I'm finding contradictory information on the intarweb. //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200819/fd5ee62b2b5d5ff909c34ec8ab3baa15.jpg
That's an EcoBoost

Was gonna post this picture of Ford's 2.0

So what are the odds that thing will crap out by next spring ? Any signs / leaks I can check (or get checked by Momentum)

6aa321fea084e7c33aad9b3ca37f6439.jpg

Il reste combien de temps à son lease?

Mon Q5 2018, le buy back est en dessous de 30K et il n’aura pas vraiment plus de 50 000km après 36 mois. La garantie prolongée chez audi est +\-2000$ et abaisse le taux de financement à 1.9% donc ca se paye tout seul. Vraiment à considérer un Q5 en fin de location.

Le discovery sport était dans mes choix mais après avoir conduit un Q5 j’ai vite changé d’avis.

Un des problèmes avec un land rover usagé c’est que pas tout le monde est à l’aise de travailler dessus et les pièces ne sont ps tjrs disponible rapidement et à bon prix. Audi et BMW sont beaucoup plus répandus.

Son lease termine aujourd'hui

Il esr crissement beau, faut y donner ça. Blanc, mag 20po, intérieur caramel, toit pano, full equip ('17 full equip...) ok c'est pas un suv pour les enthousiastes on s'entend, mais je peux comprendre pourquoi ma blonde l'aime et pourquoi y'a deux de ces amies de fille qui voulait y reprendre à la fin de la location.

Buy back à 30k. Elle avait pogné un lease transfer avec un pas pire deal quand le char avait genre 6 mois. Le deal faisait que les paiements revenaient crissement pas chère. D'où le problème actuel que tout ce qu'elle voit dans les mêmes prix semblent crissement poche à conparer à don truck.

Evoque ( up to 2019 and including 2019) - Ecoboost
Discovery Sport ( up to 2018 and including)- Ecoboost

Then they switched to their new in house Ingenium 2.0

Back