1989 Mercedes 190E...

Une M3 coûte quand même 100 000 $. Mais oui les modèles sont devenus plus accessibles grâce à la compétition.

In 1989 I attempted to buy what I thought was my realistic 'dream' car, a new base manual Cavalier Z24 with 'special rate' 9.9% end of model year promo; Barnabe Chevrolet. $5,000 down on a $20,000 car...got a reject phone call the next day from the dealer telling me to bring another $3-$5k or pick up my $100 deposit. Different world back then. The models are more accessible because all you need today is a pulse despite a mass % of people being 1 paycheck away from insolvency. Money down isn't required or important.

In 1989 I attempted to buy what I thought was my realistic 'dream' car, a new base manual Cavalier Z24 with 'special rate' 9.9% end of model year promo; Barnabe Chevrolet. $5,000 down on a $20,000 car...got a reject phone call the next day from the dealer telling me to bring another $3-$5k or pick up my $100 deposit. Different world back then. The models are more accessible because all you need today is a pulse despite a mass % of people being 1 paycheck away from insolvency. Money down isn't required or important.
Barnabé on Laurentien

Yes for the most part all you need is a pulse these days. But on anything of value it's actually verified... That being said I was approved on my Mini in like .1sec at 8:50pm ha

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Barnabé on Laurentien

Yes for the most part all you need is a pulse these days. But on anything of value it's actually verified... That being said I was approved on my Mini in like .1sec at 8:50pm ha

Yup that's the one.

Anything of value, like a house that requires almost no down payment? It's become a joke, back then 36 months was the standard loan on cheaper domestics and 48 on the upscale German cars. Then it became 48, then 60, 72, now 84 months to pay off a car. All this does is boost the price of cars by thousands. In the US you can even finance a pair of $100 running shoes. What kind of person needs financing for $100? It's all become ridiculous.

Yup that's the one.

Anything of value, like a house that requires almost no down payment? It's become a joke, back then 36 months was the standard loan on cheaper domestics and 48 on the upscale German cars. Then it became 48, then 60, 72, now 84 months to pay off a car. All this does is boost the price of cars by thousands. In the US you can even finance a pair of $100 running shoes. What kind of person needs financing for $100? It's all become ridiculous.
Lots of people don't read what they sign. The 12 months no payments , no interest on furniture is a famous one. The no interest part is if you pay on the due date....Leon's for example is a finance company that just happens to be furniture retailer. A good chunk of their profits come from financial services.

Then you get retailers partnering up with Borrowell, which appears to the new acess D replacement. Want 12-24 months sure! High interest rates

faut pas oublier qu'aujourd'hui tu peu acheter sur 7-8 ans...

c'est sure que exemple: 40 000 sur 4 ans et 75 000 sur 8 ans... on est pas loin du meme $/ mois

Back